Chapter 33

Gabe's POV

I have no fucking idea what triggered her slip this time - was it just a sub-drop that went a bit deep? At least this time she wasn't hysterical. Quite the opposite actually, she was like Luke on a fucked up sugar rush. She was bouncing on the couch when Kota and Nate came in.

"Kitten, why are you jumping on the couch?" Kota asked her in a sharp tone.

She stopped and turned to him wide-eyed, "I sorry, Kota, I just need to bounce." She twisted at the shirt I'd given her to wear. He crooked his finger at her and held out a box. She let out a squeal and ran towards him. "Is that for me?" she asked, jumping up and down with excitement.

He and Nate shook their heads, "We thought you might like something comfy to sleep in," Nate said as she tore the box apart. Her scream was ear-shattering as she hugged the clothes to her, then held them out for all of us to see. They had gotten her a pair of shorts and shirt set of pajamas that had a kitten on the front with the word meow written all over it. But what had her excited was the top had a hood with kitten ears.

Before anyone could say a word, she stripped in the middle of the room and put on the pajamas, then stood rubbing her fingers over the soft fabric as she giggled. She threw her arms around Kota and then Nate, "Thank you, thank you, thank you," she babbled. It was adorable.

Nate scooped her up in his arms as she kicked playfully, "Come on, little one, let's get comfy and watch a movie." We all settled in with our pizza and sat watching our little girl as she sang along to Tangled.

I saw Kota nod his head at me, and quietly followed him to the kitchen. "So any idea what made her slip?" he asked.

"No. I've been wracking my brain and can't think of a fucking thing," I replied. "After the group chat, she and I fooled around. I mean, yeah, I called her my little girl and we did the whole Daddydom thing, but fuck, nothing rough or triggering. She started to drop and then passed out." I ran my hand over my face. "Kota, I was so scared something was wrong, I freaked the fuck out and called Luke. We got her into the limo and I was going to take her to Sean when she woke up and was little again."

Kota seemed to ponder what I'd said, then finally spoke. "Maybe, she just feels comfortable and safe enough to let herself go around us. I mean, she doesn't seem to be upset like last time, right?"

"Not really. She hasn't mentioned anything bad like last time. She's got a fuck ton of energy this time. I think she might even wear out Luke," I laughed.

"So what do you think about this weekend? I know we don't trust Jackson, but what about his wife?" Kota asked.

"I haven't found anything yet," Victor said as he came into the room. "There really isn't much on either of them other than some information from law school and their recent lives."

"That's fucking odd," I added. "Did she hire them or her husband?"

"I'm not sure. I can't access her work files and I haven't asked." He gave a sheepish look, "Her code is fucking crazy - like Corey-level shit. I don't know who she hired but it's insane, and I can't hack it."

I snorted in surprise. If he can't hack it, it must be good. I've only known a handful of systems he couldn't take down, like some in the Academy and Crescent. "Maybe we should just fucking ask her," I suggested.

"I think we should as well," Victor added. "I'd feel better if she gave us access to her surveillance as well."

Kota nodded, "I think we all would, but I'm not sure if that is more invasive than she's ready for. We can be a bit overbearing at times. I worry we might smother her."