《ÇH@þŤ3R S1XŤ33N》

D@Ý ŤW3LV3

Friday.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about tonight.

Group Activities take place today, so I sat in the Activities Room with Dani. Sister Diana was busy with role call, having already gotten Dani and I's names.

"I'm kind of excited for our plan tonight." Dani whispered to me. I looked up from the drawing of a turtle I was coloring in, smiling anxiously. "What about you? How do you feel about it?" She looked up from her drawing, waiting for my answer. I shrugged my shoulders. "Do you feel indifferent or something? This is kind of a big deal Albert." She expressed. "Well, I guess I'm kind of nervous.." Revealing how I felt about this caused her expression to turn soft. "It's okay to be nervous, I guess I'm a little worried about you being a part of this too. Denis insists he's got this under control but, I'd hate to see you get caught or anything." She took a sip of her apple juice before resuming her sentence.

"But that's why you have the easiest position. You're less likely to get in trouble. And the nurses here seem to like you anyways so I wouldn't be surprised if they just let you go." I noticed her smile turn into a sly smirk, anticipating her next words were nothing short of easy. "Speaking of... You never did tell us what happened with you and Jake. You wanted to shy away from answering our questions but I'm not gonna letcha now. Tell me the details!" I averted my eyes anxiously, biting my lip.

"W-wh-well it's just.. it's kinda- I don't think-"

"Come on Albert, please? I won't tell Denis I swear." She looked at me with pleading eyes and pouty lips. I sighed heavily, running a hand through my hair. "Okay okay fine.. You swear?" She nodded. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes and exhaling. "I kissed Jake." I heard her quietly gasp. "No way, you actually kissed a nurse?" I opened my eyes and met her gaze, nodding. "Did he, um.. Did he like it?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders in response. "I'm not really sure, if I'm being honest. I thought he would be upset but.. Well, he wasn't.." She sat in silence, reflecting on my answer.

"That's so strange, I'd expect him to be upset too. But then again we do have to remember that he is WAY too nice for his own good, treats us patients as if we're special. If I'm being honest some people here don't deserve such kindness. Like Quincy, they're a bitch. Just last week when I was building with the building blocks they came up and.." I silently sipped my apple juice as she lead off into a ramble, honestly a little grateful she was changing the subject anyways.

Everytime Jake's name was mentioned or I thought about what happened, the butterflies in my stomach went wild. I was getting aggravated that I couldn't process my emotions well like I used to, this place seems to wear down the barrier I had built up for a very long time. I don't know if it's for the best, or it's meant to make me vulnerable.
-
"Okay, everyone remembers the plan right?" Denis looked at us both as we messed around with the foam blocks they had in the Relaxation Space. "Yeah yeah, what time are you going to unlock our cells again?" Dani kept her voice low enough so the other nearby patients couldn't hear us, throwing a foam block on the floor and watching it bounce up. "9:45 is the time I'm going to aim for, so make sure to be awake when I arrive. I'll show you guys where to go once we get out."

I trembled. I can't help but be extremely nervous about this, there's so many ways it could go wrong.
-
9:42PM
Bedtime

I played with my Comfort Plush as I silently waited for Denis' arrival. Regardless of them telling me I'd be okay, my nerves continued to bother me. I don't want any of us to get in trouble; even if the chances aren't likely it's still a huge risk. I lifted my Comfort Plush above my head, the beady eyes staring back at me. I sighed, placing it beside me on my bed before sitting up.