《ÇH@þŤ3R ŤW3NŤY 0N3》

D@Ý S3V3NŤY 0N3
Freetime

"We need to talk."

Denis stared at me from across the table, his expression unreadable. I swallowed nervously, refusing to meet his gaze. The tone infliction in his voice was enough to remind me he's probably going to say something I don't like. "Albert, you can't keep dating Jacob. You're both going to get into serious trouble if someone finds out." I snapped my head up to shoot a glare at him. Okay, this wasn't exactly what I was expecting. "But didn't you-"

"I know what I said Albert, but.." Denis scanned the room before moving in closer. "People are already beginning to suspect things. And it won't be long before word gets around. There's rumors sprouting everywhere, even the nurses are hearing them because patients here don't seem to know how to keep gossip to themselves. I hate to say it, but the assumptions aren't all too far off." I listened intently, processing his words. I had no idea people were speculating things about us.

Was it really that obvious something was going on between Jake and I?

"If you two get caught, Jacob gets booted and they're going to keep you in here for an even longer time. Or send you somewhere different." I raised an eyebrow, my hands folding on the table. "How do you know that?" Denis sighed. "That's not important. I'm giving you a warning, I suggest you heed it before someone gets hurt. Nurse and patient relationships are strictly prohibited, you know this."

My eyebrows furrowed, I respect Denis's opinion on things and hear him out, but this is ridiculous. What's up with this sudden change? "I thought you respected the fact that we love each other. Why are you suddenly switching up like this? What are you not telling me??" He went to stand up, ignoring my questions. "Denis, answer me!"

"I have no answer. Goodbye Albert. I expect you to make the right choice." I watched him walk away silently, huffing in annoyance. What the hell was any of that? I thought Denis supported us, so why does he have such an strong opinion about our relationship now?

Maybe Dani knows something about this stupid shit.

-

"Nope, no idea. But I have noticed his body lango has been off lately. Can only speculate, maybe he's jealous?" I sighed, resting my head on the table as Dani pat my back. "Hey, look on the bright side. I mean, I still support you two. As long as you're careful, who cares if you're in love with a nurse?" "I know, it's just.. Denis is my friend too. I don't want him to be upset with me because he thinks I'm making the wrong choices." I lifted my head, crossing my arms under it and laying back down. The room around us grew silent as patients left one by one.

"I'm sure he's just as nervous as you are. He cares about you." My eyes flickered up to Dani's face, processing her response. "I... I guess. But I'm also unsure if that's the case.." She smiled, picking up her Comfort Plushie and standing up. "Here, how about we go to the Playground with Jacob? We can swing on the swings or something! Maybe you can ask him questions too?" I followed suit, brushing off my uniform. "Doesn't sound like a bad idea, he shouldn't be busy right now. Let's go find him."

It didn't take us long to run into Jake, he was busy watering one of the big, leafy plants in the hallway. He greeted us cheerfully when we arrived, Dani and I offering to help so that it would go by quicker.

"Thank you both so much for your help, darlings! Now, you said you wanted to go outside?" He asked, putting away the now empty watering cans in the storage closet, closing and locking it shortly after. I nodded, allowing him to gently grasp my hand and lead us in the direction to the Playground. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Dani clasp her hands together happily. I'm grateful at least one of my friends still approves of my relationship.

We spent quite a bit of time outside, I tried my best to explain the situation with Denis to Jake. "I just don't get why one minute he approves, and the next he suddenly doesn't.. It makes no sense." Dani slowly swung beside me as she listened in, kicking the sand beneath us lightly. Jake shrugged his shoulders, ceasing his own pushes and looking my direction. "Can you recall anything in the past he said or mentioned that might give you a clue as to why he's acting like this?" I thought for a moment, gazing up at the cloudy sky. It might rain soon. "Hmm. No, unfortunately I can't."

Dani shrugged, messing with the hem of her uniform. "Can't recall nuthin' either. This is a new issue. I thought maybe he's jealous but he hasn't shown significant romantic interest in Albert anyways soooo.." Jake pulled out his watch from his front pocket, checking the time before sighing. "Perhaps I should have him taken down to the Comfort Room to chat. He might have things on his mind he needs to clear." A drop of water hit my face, eyes instinctively closing from the contact before looking up. I guess it's raining now. Jake stood up from the swing, fixing his uniform as he waited for us.

"We should probably head inside, it seems like it'll rain." I hopped off the swing, making my way over to hug Jake, arms swinging around his body as he returned the gesture. "So you'll talk to him?" I asked, squeezing him a little tighter. He smiled, leaning down and pressing a gentle kiss to my lips. "I'll try to, dear." Dani squealed behind us, bouncing up and down lightly. "You two are soooo cute! When's the wedding??"

A laugh was shared between the three of us as we went inside the building, Jake closing and locking the doors.

A/N
Yay more drama bc I FELT LIKE IT deal with it. <3