《ÇH@þŤ3R ŤW3NŤY ŤHR33》

<<Continued from Chapter 22>>

"So, what do we do now?..." I said, breaking the long silence in the room. "I'm not sure. The best thing to do is wait, as we could be misunderstanding. However I'll pull you out of your sessions today so that Savonnia doesn't have a window to take you in for questioning without me knowing." I played with my fingers nervously, leaning my head against him. "So, I guess this will have to get serious then. If I see Denis I'll ask him what the fuck is up." Dani took a deep breath, brows furrowing before she stood up and fixed her uniform.

"Same here, I'm more than happy to let one of yous know if Denis shows up." Miles chimed in. "Thank you, guys. We appreciate it greatly." I said. "I should probably go ahead and attend the weekly session, to avoid suspicion with us both being out. Take care." Dani left the room swiftly, Miles following shortly after, Jake and I now being the only inhabitants in the room. Jake ran his hand through my hair, cradling me into a hug. "I'm worried." I whispered, gently grasping the front of his dress shirt.

"Don't be, darling. I'm willing to protect you. I'll do my best to keep this situation within my control so that no one gets hurt." I gripped his shirt a little tighter, snuggling into his chest. "Hmm, how about you come help me shelf some books in the Library? Maybe you'll find one you want to read." He took hold of my hand holding onto him, lifting it up to kiss the back. I couldn't help but stifle a small giggle, my head turning upwards to face him. "Yeah, that sounds nice." I smiled.

-

"Thank you two soy much for your help, I genuinely appreciate it. These books go in ze action section, located over there!" Librarian Matthew handed us each a box of books, pointing in the direction of the back bookshelves. It still surprised me how tall he was compared to Jake and I, especially considering Jake is one of the tallest nurses here. As we made our way over to the shelves, I cast a glance up at Jake. "Hey, genuine question. Why are you all so damn tall?" He snickered, setting down his box before pulling out a couple of books, stacking them on the empty shelves. "Well, honestly I think it's just purely coincidence. We have a couple of shorter nurses, our shortest being 6 foot which is Savonnia. Matthew is obviously, the tallest. Patients here think he's the tallest man in the world, haha. Carly, your hall nurse, comes next-" I began shelving a couple of books from my own box, listening to Jake ramble on. I eventually finished with shelving all of the books in my box, setting it to the side before smiling at Jake. "I'm going to go ask Matthew if he has any other books needing to be re-shelved. I'll be right back." "Got it, if he needs me to get another box too let me know, dear."

He went back to shelving as I made my way to the front desk, stopping in my tracks when I noticed Savonnia was there. Matthew noticed me, giving me a smile as they both turned to face me. "Ah, Albert! Wonderful timing dahling, Savonnia was looking for you!" I clasped my hands together lazily near my waist, smiling nervously. "O-oh. He-hello Nurse Savonnia.." I stuttered. "Hello, Albert. May I borrow you for a while? I need to ask you a few questions in private." I gulped, casting a quick glance over at my previous location. Jake had his back turned to us, unaware of what was going on. Shit. What do I do in this situation? "Uhm... sure..." I quietly mumbled. "Good, come with me. Matthew, you are not to let Jacob know I have him right now. Thank you." My mind instantly panicked hearing that, I already knew Matthew would have no choice but to listen.

Savonnia began to walk away, however I did not follow her. It took her a moment to notice, turning and looking at me expectantly. I remained in the same place, hoping Jake would finally turn around and notice us. "Are you not going to go with her, dahling?" Matthew said, confused. "He's just anxious, that's how he always is. Let's go." Savonnia made her way back over, grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the Library.

Unfortunately Jake didn't notice a thing. Goddamnit. "Uh- where are you taking me?..." My voice sounded small, obviously I was indeed a little scared. "I just need to ask you a few questions.. that's all dear. Then you are welcome to resume your activities." Okay, a few questions. Despite wanting to believe maybe this was about something else, I already knew. I already knew what she was going to ask.