《ÇH@þŤ3R 3IGHŤ33N》

-8:25am

@łb3rt§ P0V

Jake escorted me to the Dining Hall in silence. I kept casting glances over at him, his expression unreadable.

Wonder what he's thinking..

My thoughts wandered to earlier, wincing at the memory of Savonnia slapping him. Her yelling, how angry she looked. Jake's hurt expression. And... the fact that I got him in trouble.

"That wouldn't have happened if you didn't agree to Denis' plan in the first place."

I felt a lump grow in my throat, guilt filling my mind. I genuinely hope he wouldn't get in serious trouble for this. Although Savonnia gave him a warning in front of me, I'm not sure what happens behind closed doors. A warmth surrounded one of my shoulders, Jake having placed his hand on it. "Are you okay, Albert?" He asked me.

I should be the one asking you that...

"I'm fine. Will-uhm.. Will you be okay?" I looked up at him, he still wasn't looking at me. "Yes, dear. I'll be alright." I decided to not press any further, even though it was obvious he's bothered. We finally reached the Dining Hall, patients beginning to walk in. A few noticed the both of us together and started whispering amongst themselves, my cheeks beginning to slightly warm. Who knows what they were assuming.

He led me to an empty table, proceeding to lean down and whisper. "Come see me in the Comfort Room around 11am, darling. I'd like to discuss with you." I nodded my head before hugging him tightly. "Thank you." I mumbled out. He smiled and patted my back, my arms retreating and allowing him freedom. I sat down and waited for Dani and Denis, if they would even arrive. They were smarter than me, so I doubt they got caught because of my slip up. Luckily, both soon walked through the door, unusually keeping to themselves. Dani was the first to notice me, letting out a sigh of what I assumed was relief. "Oh thank god you're okay. We were so worried when you didn't return last night! What the hell happened?" She pressed as they both sat down. "Well, I think that question answers itself." I said. Denis raised an eyebrow, seeming surprised.

"So you got caught. But.. you're fine. We didn't even see you? Did they take you somewhere else?" I shook my head. "I was, uh.. Well. I guess I could say I was lucky Jake was the one who found me. He let me stay in his room for the night." Dani and Denis shared a shocked look, glancing at each other briefly before looking back at me. "You... you're meaning to tell us he let you go?" Denis carefully questioned, eyes widening as I nodded. "He actually-" "Wow okay I'm starting to think your feelings aren't one-sided." Dani chimed in. "Dani!" "What?! You know as well as I do the nurses don't and aren't allowed to show mercy on disobedient patients, not even Jacob, So what other explanation is there?!" They both bickered with one another as I sat there, trying to process what Dani just said. Not allowed to show mercy... Why was I shown exactly that then? There's got to be a deeper explanation than what I was simply told. Maybe..

Maybe he really does have feelings for me too?

I shook away the thought, biting my lip. No, that can't be it. Maybe he was just willing to protect me because... um..

Now that I really think about it what reasoning is there to justify him protecting me? If he's been through this before, why was I the one he chose to spare?

"Anyways, I think it's only fair we tell you what we witnessed." Denis cleared his throat, catching my attention. "The nurses here may seem nice, but... their methods for punishment are pretty brutal." He shuddered as soon as the word left his mouth, taking a deep breath. "You're lucky Jake spared you. They psychologically torture the disobedient patients, almost as if to break their minds into being good. They degrade them, use sensory assault against them, sometimes even inject them with what I assume is drugs. Once the nurses are finished with them, they're not taken back to their cells. We aren't sure where they go, but a few patients that we tried to remember the faces of obviously aren't here now."