Inside The Outsider

"Dally we should go to the fair. It'll be fun." He glanced down at me with a grim face," Fun? How is paying to go on stupid rides fun when you can ride me for free." My smile quickly faded away and i mugged him with evil eyes," Dallas. No, thats not fun." "What!? Don't knock it till you try it baby." I rolled my eyes and folded my arms together.

I sat there stiff as a stone agitated with Dally. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and reached over to try and kiss me but i dodged every encounter. He started to rock me side to side," Come on, we'll go somewhere just..not there. When were you gonna go there anyway?" "Tomorrow." I said sternly as i stood up from the grass and started walkin back home," Aye, where ya goin?" Dally asked as he quickly caught up with me," What it look like?" Dally gently shook me," Come on. Don't be mad alright. We can go to the movies or somethin' and see that movie with the girl and that g-"

I froze in place and poked Dally in the chest harshly," I don't want to see no stupid movie with that same white couple from every movie. All i wanted was to do something different with you Dally but clearly you're too cool for fairs." I stormed off again until he gripped my arm,"Come on-" I ripped my arm from his grip," Whatever Dally, you ain't nothin' but a kid tryna hide." I shooed him away as I stalked back home.

I slipped my legs through my beige plaid pants and fastened the button that stopped above my belly button. I threw on my white short sleeved top that stopped at the hem of my pants. I pulled on my black flat shoes and grabbed my gray sweater and purse on my way out the door. I jogged to Clarice's house, where everyone was meetin' up at. Like usual everyone was waitin' on me," No wonder you late, you had to tame that wild hair of yours." Clarice greeted.

I brushed my hand through my curly hair," Shut up." I smiled while Cheryl, Lisa and Clarice laughed," Are we just gonna stand here and look at each other or go to the fair?" Cheryl stated sarcastically. We all walked to the bus stop and sat on the bench until the bus came and picked us up. We all dropped a nickel into the coin machine and sat in the middle seats of the bus.

" Maybe we'll find some cute guys there." Lisa chimed. "Of course we'll find some guys. Four hot chocolate girls single and ready to mingle." Clarice boomed confidently. They all bursted out laughing causin' people to glare at us. I shook my head and stared out the window. We finally made it to our stop and we all got off.

We stayed close together as we approached the entrance of the fair. One by one, we bought tickets for ourselves, I stuffed mine into my purse and followed my friends," Lets go on that ride where it feels like you're stuck on the wall." Clarice insisted," You mean the rotor?" Lisa corrected," Whateva yes." When we were walking to the rotor ride, I noticed that no one gave us mean glares or heckled us. It was like everyone was just focused on having fun and winnin' prizes. It felt weird since I'm so use to being discriminated, but it was nice for once. We gave the man a ticket each and got into the rotor.

We all held each others hands as we picked a spot to stand in. More people came in, mostly white people, and they immediately noticed us. Sneerin' their noses at us as if we were disgustin'. Clarice and them didn't notice or care, so i did as they did and ignored the people. Suddenly, the ride started to spin slowly, amplifying each second. I could feel my body being forced down onto the wall, i forced my head to turn to Clarice, when i was half way there my head slammed onto the wall. Clarice laughed and i joined her.

The ride ended, and we went to the next one. We all hopped onto the scary house ride. Lisa sat beside me, while Clarice and Cheryl sat behind us. In front of me and Lisa were a couple. I frowned a little, wishing it could be me and Dallas doin' that," Diana you scared?" Lisa elbowed me," No, i ain't scared, are you scared?" She shook her head confidently.

The ride began to move at a moderate pace, the inside was dark, but there were flashin lights all around us. I jumped when i heard a scream, cursin' myself because it was the girl in front of us being spooked by dracula. As the ride progressed, all i kept hearing was the girl screamin' bloody murder.

I wasn't spooked by anything they had, not the dead people, the skeletons, the ghost, not even the screechin' of birds from that stupid movie, The Birds. Towards the end of the ride, I was kinda disappointed that nothin' frightened me until a hairy hand grabbed my upper arm. I shrieked in fear as a hairy looking wolf man growled at me. The man let me go and the ride finally ended.

The whole night, my friends and I went to mostly every ride even the kid ones. "Let's go get some cotton candy." Clarice suggested. They walked on but i stayed behind, Clarice turned around," You comin' D?" I shook my head and grinned at her," No i'm gonna go to the House of mirrors, i'll meet ya'll back here." "Okay, don't get lost now." I steadily walked to the house of mirrors and gave the guy a ticket.

I carefully strolled through the house of mirrors, tryin' not to bump into the mirrors. i placed my hands on either side of the mirrors and kept walking, pattin' them to find the right path. I slowly took small steps, glancin' every now and then at my reflection.

I shortly got stuck in a dead end, I took a glimpse of my reflection again and studied my face. I stared into my brown eyes, wishin' they were bright and blue, i touched my mocha skin wishin' it was a peach color. I wanted to be a blonde bombshell like Marilyn so Dally could show me off to everyone, to his friends, to jealous girls, to anyone. My eyes trailed to my wild curly hair when I noticed someone in the mirror standing behind me. My body tensed up, ready to fight when i recognized the figure. I slowly turned towards him as he crept up to me,"Dally, what you doin' here?" he grabbed my hip with one hand and cupped my cheek in the other," What does it look like Diana?" I looked away from him," I thought you said you didn't like fairs." " I don't. But i like you."

His hand that was cupping my cheek trailed up to my hair and he combed his fingers through it," This your real hair?" my eyebrows furrowed," Yeah, why?" He glanced at me and back at my hair," I like it." he twirled a piece of my hair around his finger and looked down at me. His eyes endured my body,"You finally where pants for a change." He grabbed my hand and twirled me around slowly, checkin' out my body," So sexy." I tried to be smug towards him but i couldn't resist his mischievous smile. Suddenly, he brought his face down to mine and kissed me passionately. I placed my hands on his chest as he firmly gripped my hips. My hands inching their way up, i stood on my tippy toes as i wrapped my arms around his neck. Suddenly he hugged my body tight and picked me up. I broke the kiss, gasping for air as I gazed into his eyes," I love you Dallas."