Inside The Outsider

Normal POV

"I think Sam likes Diana." Clarice joked with Cheryl and Lisa as we walked down the sidewalk to this diner east of our neighborhood. I shook my head in disbelief," Nooo he likes you. That boy is crazy bout you." I lightly elbowed her arm to tease her," Even if he did like you Diana, you wouldnt even botha with em. You like them white boys." We all laughed,but deep down it was true, Im a big fan of Elvis, most people are. I also love James Dean he was very handsome and a great actor. I don't know, ive always been fond of white boys even if they dont like me. A girl can always dream,"Diana is basically a white girl, all we gotta do is put a blonde wig on her head and call'a Becky." Clarice is always teasin me, but they're always funny.

We all laughed again as we approached the diner, before we offically went in we read the sign on the right"White and Colored" with that we entered the diner.
   As we walked in there, there was a blonde girl workin at the counter, as she greeted us her attention was on the cash register," Hi welcome to Billy's Diner-" as she looked up from the register, all the greet fullness in her body was replaced with hatred.
     She glared at the four of us," What yall doin in here?" We all looked at each other as if it was normal for us to be in here," We just came in here to get somethin to eat." Clarice answered. The girl's expression stayed the same," Dont yall have food in ya own neighborhood?"
     We all calmly stood there trying not to attract attention," Yes, but they're closed at this time-" "Why!" The girl interrupted my explanation," Because negroes have lives too!" Clarice budded in with the same attitude as the girl," Well we dont serve your kind here." " The sign outside says you do!" Clarice clarified again.
    Suddenly a family on the right side of the diner began to get up from their table, as i scanned the area, that no good Dallas Winston was there sittin at a table with some guys, that i believe are his friends. Surprisingly not the guys from the store but some more greasy lookin guys.

As i came back to my senses, Dallas was gazin at me, surprised that i was here. I immediately turned back to our problem," If yall dont leave, imma get my boss." The girl threatened but it didnt phase me and Clarice one bit," Go ahead, bring em out here!" Clarice agreed. The girl quickly yelled for her boss. We waited for a moment, as the people in the restaurant attention was on us, includin Dallas and his friends.
     Suddenly a tall heavy set man came out from the doors of the kitchen, he wobbled his way to the counter and instantly tensed up when he saw us," We dont serve yall niggas." " Well maybe yall need to get a new sign!" Clarice yelled," Yeah, thats false advertisin." I finished in. He glanced at the girl and back at us," Yall need to leave." " Why, we are willin enough to spend our hard earned money on yall!" I protested.
    Suddenly the man lost his patience with us and pulled out his double barrel shotgun and point it right at my head. Through out the diner we heard gasps from people, i could hear Cheryl and Lisa gulp, they started to breathe heavily, they slowly backed away from us. Clarice stood by my side as he kept the gun aimed at me," Now i suggest yall niggas leave."

    I wanted to leave, but i had to stand my ground, all we wanted was food not to cause trouble. My heart was racing cause what i was about to do could end up with me dying right here. I stood up straight and looked the man in the eye stiffly," Shoot me." As the words escaped my mouth the people in the diner gasped once again includin Cheryl and Lisa.

The boss and the girl were tookin by surprise. I shook my head sorrowfully," Please shoot me. I rather be dead than live in a world like this." I looked the man in the eyes with all the emotion in my body, cause it was true, i wanted to be dead, i dont like livin like this. No one would want to live like this," Here, i'll give you a clear shot." I turned my body so it was facing where Dallas was sitting, him his friends were tuned in on what i was doin, each of them shared worried looks. I glanced over at the man and back at Dallas, i tapped on my temple, signaling the man to shoot me in that spot," Come on, shoot me." I closed my eyes shut waiting for a short pain to come, but it didnt.