Inside The Outsider

*author's note*
I know this chapter is SUPER short, but the next chapters are going to be the conclusion of this love story. This story has gone on for a long time and I can't wait to conclude it...

 This story has gone on for a long time and I can't wait to conclude it

I gasped as my body shot up. I could hear a rapid beeping going off," DIANA!" I turned to the person that yelled my name. Before I could get a glimpse of who it was, they rushed over to me. I looked at the person, it was mama. She looked like she had been crying, her eyes were puffy and red. Daddy stood behind her with a concerned look on his face.

I stared at them for what seemed like forever. I couldn't make out any words or sounds. Until everything hit me at once," Where's Dally?" I looked everywhere around the room with my eyes,"Where's Dally!?" I threw the hospital covers off of my body ready to jump out of the bed. Mama quickly came over to me and pushed me back against the bed," Where is he!? I need to see Dally!"

Daddy stalked over and held me down by my shoulders," I need YOU to calm down." Mama backed away and went out the room door. She immediately came back with someone following behind her. And there he was, in the flesh still breathing, not a scratch on him," Dally!" He ran to me, engulfing me in a soft embrace," Don't ever do that again," He held onto me more firmly,"I thought I lost you D."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and nestled my face in his shaggy hair," I thought I lost you." He pulled away looking at me confused," You said what?" I shook my head," Nothing, it's nothing." Before he could say anything I wrapped my arms around him again.

I pulled away this time, and Dally backed away. I reached out my arms towards my parents and they took the invitation. Mama embraced me with no hesitation, kissing me all over my head. Daddy stood on the other side of the hospital bed and hugged me," You really done it this time."

———————————————————————

I sat in the hospital bed staring at the white walls. Every other hour someone would visit me, to see if I was alright. I tried to go to sleep, but my body wouldn't allow it. Suddenly, the heart monitor was beeping rapidly again," Diana...Diana?" My eyes darted to the concerned voice. Dally cupped my hand in his and placed a soft kiss on it.

Dally gazed at me, wiping away a tear from my cheek," Why are you crying?" I cupped his cheek in my hand. I brushed a piece of his hair behind his ear," I-I had a dream that we ran away to New York–We had an apartment and everything," I could feel the corners of my mouth curl up," We had kids too...." One side of Dally's mouth turned up," We? Had kids–wow." He placed his forehead on mine. I smiled but it quickly faded away,"B-But y-you died right in front of my eyes."

Dally shook his head," I'm Dallas Winston alright. No one can take me down." He squeezed my hand gently," I'm uh I'm sorry about what I said to ya earlier," He gazed into my eyes," I do need ya." I placed a kiss on my cheek then my lips," I love you doll."
I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks as a smile spread across my face," I love you too."