Inside The Outsider

"You should come to a rodeo, watch me conquer the bull." Dally insisted confidently. I glanced at him dumbfounded," What would I look like goin in there," He raised an eyebrow," Those people gonna look at me like I'm crazy. A black girl watchin a rodeo full of white people?" dally shrugged his shoulders," Who cares about them." "Oh now you don't care about bein seen with me." I stated sarcastically. "You're not going to be seen with me. I'll be in the rodeo." "And afterwards?" I questioned. " We'll uh meet up somewhere." I rolled my eyes," Fine." I never would've thought Dally was a rodeo type guy but at the same time, rodeos are very reckless and dangerous from what i heard, so it's right up his alley.

When i arrived at the rodeo arena, i scurried to a seat that was empty, hopin no one saw me. Soon people came floodin in, not a lot but enough to have a hollerin crowd. This is my first time attendin one of these rodeos, i wanted to go before i met Dally but my friends didn't want to go and my parents don't like em. The show began with one of those ring announcers callin out people's names and they would come out and perform.

   Some guys were wranglin cattle, other people were showing off their horses, and most of all riding the bull. This one guy out there was doin tricks with his ropes and i couldn't help but cheer; until i felt glares at the side of my head. I turned to the threat but only saw a couple of them rich girls, i starred at them and they mean mugged me from a distance. I noticed that they snickered something about me, i looked at them and they were gigglin with each other. I continued watchin the show cheering cautiously to myself, i tried not to be so paranoid about those girls. All i care about right now is Dally and that's all that should matter.
So for a good moment I ignored the girls, not payin attention to an of their little snickers or jokes; Finally the ring announcer Announced Dally, tellin us that he was gonna try and conquer the bull. He has to stay on the bull for 8 seconds or more. Suddenly I heard a bell and the gate opened for the bull, Dally was on top of the bull, hanging on the rope for dear life. I panicked inside, I didn't want him to get seriously hurt, cause i would be the first one out in that arena tryin to help him.

   Suddenly, i heard them girls whistlin' and cheerin for Dally, I quickly glared them down, mentally knockin their heads in. Seein them do that irked my nerves, cause at any moment Dally could stop lovin me, stop carin about me and get with them kind of girls. I abruptly got rid of the thought and paid attention to Dally and the bull.

The bull was jumpin around kickin its legs up tryin to throw Dally off of em, but miraculously Dally was still attached to him. While the bull was jerkin around, so was Dally, it seemed like his neck would break off any moment, the way the bull was moving made Dally look like a rag doll. The bull did one last jerk and Dally fell off, he was one second away from conquering that bull. As Dally was on the ground, he kicked the dirt on the arena. I could tell he was pissed, hell i would be too if i was so close to achieving something like that.

  He defeatedly walked out of the arena as everyone cheered him on. Before Dally completely walked out he glanced up at me and tilted his hat in a flirty manner; I smiled at him. No one noticed that except for them girls," She is tryin to take our men." One of them complained loudly. "She cant get em no way. They don't want no coon wrapped in they arms." The other one chimed in. I focused my attention on them," Well they obviously dont want you." "They obviously want us because we have boyfriends." "Then maybe you should stop tryin to get with other boys." They glared at me in distraught, one of them had their hands on their hips," Was that your boyfriend?" She was referin to Dally, i wish i could say yes so i could prove her wrong," No, but if i wanted em, i could get em." The girls glared me down.

    I was gettin uncomfortable so i grabbed my things and stepped away. Before i could walk out one of the girls shoved me, i immediately spun around and shoved her back. She stumbled against her friend and got back up; she swung at me ,but like Muhammed Ali, i dodged it. I quickly swung my arm at her and my fist collided with her face. The girls were stunned at my actions and so was i.

    I rapidly jogged out of the stands," You a dead nigga!" One of them yelled after me. I rushed behind the building and saw Dally restin with one foot on the building proppin his self up and smokin a cigarette. I frantically ran to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, embracing him into a hug.