Inside The Outsider

*Diana Robinson portrayed by Kerry Washington*

"Diana, time to get up!" my mom yelled from the kitchen. I groggily opened my eyes and stretched my limbs. I removed the covers from my body and sat up on the bed, i stretched my arms above my head again when all of a sudden my mom swung the door open," Diana get-!" she calmly smiled,"Oh you're finally up for once, usually I'd have to shake ya just to get you outta bed." I nodded my head, not paying attention to a thing she just said,

" Diana! are you even listenin? Imma say this one more time, I want you to pick up Olivia and Henry from school today, me and ya daddy have to work late tonight. Ya hear me?" I tiredly nodded my head, rubbing the sleep from my eyes in the process. She stepped away from the door and lightly closed it.

As she left, I put a Etta James record on my record player and got ready for school. As the music played, I danced around the room going through my drawers and closet tryin to find an outfit to wear. I took a shower and got dressed in a knee length, short sleeved, forest green dress. I slipped on my pantyhose and my black church heels. I brushed my straightened hair and put it in a ponytail. I grabbed my brown satchel with my school stuff in it and headed into the kitchen.

I sat in my seat next to daddy," Diana, don't be tryin to go to that store in the white neighborhood. I don't wanna hear on the news about three lil black kids dead." Daddy demanded. " I know daddy, i won't." he took a sip of his juice while studying my actions, as if he knew i was lyin. Momma placed a plate of eggs and toast in front of me and i immediately dug in.

   When i finished my breakfast, i brushed my teeth and darted out the door to meet Clarice. As I approached her house, she was already outside sittin on the porch waiting for me," You finally came, I was startin to think you got kidnapped or somethin." I glanced at her with a straight face," Clarice, shut up. You know you don't care about me." she gasped and lightly hit my arm," I do care about you, Diana Robinson." We both tried to keep a straight face but couldn't hold in the laughter. And with that we headed to school.

  Dally's POV

   "Now scram you little punks before i give ya something else to cry about!" I stuffed the little cash that i got from the punks into my pocket and waited by The Dingo for Johnny and Pony. I took out a cigarette from my pocket and lit it." Hey Dally" "Hey man." Johnny and Pony greeted. I nodded my headed as i took a puff out the cigarette. "Pony and I were thinkin' about hang in out at the lot." Johnny stated questionably. I glanced at him and nodded my head in approval," Sure, I just gotta go to that store and get a few things." I turned around and headed to the store with them on my heels.

Mean while we were walking a couple of broads would pass us. Strangely, i didn't look at em, not one little glimpse. Pony and Johnny seemed to notice," You okay Dal?" "Yeah man, why wouldn't I?" Johnny shrugged his shoulders," You ain't payin them girls any mind." I took a puff out the cigarette," They ain't nothin' special." I faintly heard a little chuckle from Pony," Why you laughin' kid?" "You seein' someone Dally?" I took a quick look at em," Naw, just don't wanna waste my time with these sleazy broads."

Eventually we got to the store, before i walked in I flicked my cigarette away and waltzed right in. The little bell rung which alerted the clerk, he shot me a glare and i did the same. My attention was caught off guard when i heard a little girl's voice," D, can i get a chocolate bar pleeease?" Kids are so annoying always beggin' for stuff," Ugh, alright, how much is it?" I recognized that sweet voice, i followed the sound which was in the snack isle.

I steadily walked to it, purposely acting like i was searchin' for a snack," Henry you want anything-" her voice trailed when she finally noticed me. Her chocolate eyes beamed into mine as the boy spoke to her," No, i'm fine." She detached herself from my presence and placed her hand on top of the boys curly black head of hair," Diana that guy keeps lookin' at you." The little girl whispered. Diana gathered the kids and guided them towards the check out counter, before she followed them she gave me one last peep over her shoulder.

My eyes grazed her beautiful figure, as her hips swayed showing off her  lovely curves. I wanted to caress her soft fawn brown skin, i wanted to kiss her coral lips, i wanted to be with her at this moment but, i can't risk it. If people found out we were together, they'll hurt us, i don't care about me ,but if they put one hand on her i'd kill em for sure. I hate pretending like i don't know her, who wouldn't want to know that tough little angel.

I broke away from my thoughts and shoved the stuff i stole into my jacket pocket. Diana was still at the counter about to pay when i budded in," I'll pay for it." Diana questionably glared at me," You don't have to do that..sir." i pulled out the money from earlier," I got it, m'am." I shooed her away as i gave the man the money. I marched out the store before Diana could catch up with me and met up with Pony and Johnny," Aye thats that colored girl from the diner." I glared at Pony," Yeah so?" He shook his head," Nothin' let's go."

Normal POV

Henry held my hand while Olivia skipped ahead of us," Hey Diana, do you know that guy who was looking at you." I tensed up a little not wantin to discuss anything about Dally with anyone, let alone my little sister," No I don't." "Do you want to?" I rolled my eyes," Noo." she gawked at my answer," Why not, he paid for our stuff and he was kinda cute." I shook my head and laughed," Okay, you need go after boys your age Liv." " I don't want him, but i think he liked you D. You should've seen the way he looked at you. Like love at first sight, you know, the kinda stuff you see in movies. Sooo romantic." She cupped her hands together and placed it on her heart and spun around.

I couldn't imagine Dally looking at me like that or anyone for a matter of fact. But thats why i like Dally so much, he's just full of surprises, you never know what that boys gonna do.