Inside The Outsider

Dally continued to hold on to my hips as he just gazed into my eyes. I wonder what he was thinkin inside of that big head of his," We just gone stand out here?" I questioned causing him to jump out of his trance," Uh, yeah yeah." He grabbed ahold of my hand and dragged me behind him, as we entered, i closed the door behind me. I scrunched up my face once i seen his room, i know Dally isn't the neatest but his room was a complete mess, like a tornado had come through.

  I carefully stepped over things to sit down on his unmade bed. I watched him frantically try to organize the mess he had created in the room," By the way you were acting, i thought someone would be in here." He glanced at me and continued to clean his room," I'm pretty sure you were doin girls in here." He looked at me and scratched the back of his neck,"Yeah," i glanced down at my fidgety hands. Just the thought of another girl all over Dally made me feel insecure," Don't get all emotional on me, the whole time i was screwin them, i couldn't get you off my mind."

     He finally placed his last shirt in one of the drawers and sat beside me on the bed," Pinch me." I raised my eyebrow at him," What?" "Pinch me, so i know this is real." Without hesitation i pinched him as hard as i could,"Ow shit!" He quickly flinched back from me and rubbed the sore area on his arm," Damn not that hard." I deviously smiled at him," Hm the big bad wolf is afraid of a little pinch." He rolled his eyes and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

   He pulled me into his chest and laid us down on the bed. I laid my free arm on his abdomen, as he kissed the top of my head," I love ya doll." I breathed in and sighed," I love you too." We laid there in a comfortable silence, i breathed in his scent and smiled to myself. I missed having him around," What are we gonna do now Dally? Are we still gonna sneak around?" He looked down at me and shrugged his shoulders, i glanced at him and rolled my eyes," I hate seeing you only for a certain time of day." He sighed," I just don't want you to get hurt-" "Then let's take baby steps." He sat up and i followed him. He got up from the bed and put grabbed a shirt rom his dresser and put it on. I was about to put my hoodie back but he stopped me," Leave that," i raised my eyebrow at him," Taking baby steps remember." I nodded my head and got up from the bed. He opened the door and took my hand in his, forcing me to follow him down the stairs.

    As we got to the bottom, everyone was dancing and drinking to the music that was blaring through a jukebox; i held onto Dally's hand tight," Relax Doll." He glanced down at me with that mischievous smirk and i began to calm down a bit. He let go of my hand and went to the bar to grab a beer, i looked around for a second and no one seemed to care that i was here," You want some?" Dally held up the beer to my face," No thanks." "Come on, just try a little." I looked at him for  a second and hesitantly took the bottle from him.

   I put the bottle close to my nostrils and sniffed it," Why are you smellin' it, just take a swig." I placed the rim of the bottle to my mouth and tilt it back as the liquid filled my mouth. I immediately removed the bottle from my lips and handed it back to Dally. He started to laugh at the disgusted face i was making as I swallowed the bitter tasting liquid," Don't you ever tell me to do anything else." He continued to laugh as he chugged down the beer.

    He grabbed my hand and swayed to the music; he drank the rest of the beer and set it down on a table. He grabbed me by the hips and pulled my body close to his; he nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck and we swayed to the music together.

     When the song went off, he leaned against a wooden beam and held onto me still," Is this a good first step?" Dally asked with a cheesy grin on his face. I nodded my headed and hugged him tight. Suddenly, someone started yellin' 'hey'; Dally and I turned our heads to the yelling stranger. Before we knew it, the person had snapped a photo of us. My body stiffened and my heart started to race, Dally held me tight as the man approached us.

   He took the photo from the camera and handed it to me, i cautiously took it, confused at the situation," Beautiful." The man said then walked away. I examined the photo; Dally and i were caught off guard, but Dal looked so cute. I felt the corners of my mouth curl up," what you smilin' about?" I glanced at him and handed him the photo, he stared at it for a moment and lifted his eyebrows," That guy was right... Beautiful," he glanced down at me and handed it back," What ya gonna do with it?" I grabbed the edge of the photo and ripped it in half. I handed the half of me in it to Dally and kept the other half," Now i have a picture of you." I said as i gazed into his eyes. Dally stared at his half of the picture and smiled wide, causing me to do the same.