Inside The Outsider

"Diana, i'm tired of being single. I bet you are too." Clarice complained. I nodded my head, kind of feelin bad for lyin to my best friend. We usually tell everything to each other, but i considered what Dally had to say about keepin everything a secret.

We kept walking down the sidewalk, heading to the ice cream parlor," Whatever happened to Sam?" She rolled her eyes and laughed," Giirrl that boy was too soft, it felt like I was the guy in the relationship. I'd be better off datin you than him." I bursted out laughing. I didn't know Sam was such a softy," Shoo, i want a real hard working man who knows how to treat a good lookin lady...Mmmm like him," She pointed to a tall brown skinned built guy, i squinted my eyes realizin that it was my brother TJ," Oh no, no, no that's my brother." Her jaw dropped but quickly formed into a wide grin," Well i guess we're gonna be sisters." I glanced at her and back at my brother," He is too old for you Clarice." she rolled her eyes," I'm 17, i'll be 18 in a couple of months. So THAT doesn't matter. What you should be worryin about is the made of honor dress you gonna be wearin at our weddin."

Suddenly, my brother approached us, i immediately ran into his open arms and he spun me around. His prickly beard tickled my face as he pecked my cheek," What you doin out here Diana?" "I came to get some ice cream with my friend," I pointed behind me at Clarice. He peeped over me and smiled at her, Clarice shoved me out the way and reached her hand out to him," Hi, I'm Clarice." He instantly took her hand," Clarice. It's nice to meet ya, I'm Terrance but you can call me TJ."

  Their hands never released, they stared at each other for a while until I cleared my throat," Uh are we still getting ice cream?" TJ released his hand from Clarice's and looked at me," Mind if i join ya?" Clarice quickly answered before i did," No we don't mind." TJ gave her one of his award winnin smiles and we walked on to the ice cream parlor.

Is this how it feels to be a third wheel, Clarice and TJ haven't noticed me at all. We sat at a table, Clarice and TJ sat next to each other as i sat across from them alone. I dug into my vanilla ice cream with oreos and sprinkles, wishin Dallas was here with me. Who knew my brother and my best friend would be together or maybe I should've seen it comin. I scanned the parlor, not wantin to watch my brother flirt with my friend," Diana. Diana?," i blinked my eyes rapidly and faced Clarice," What you day dreamin about girl?" I shook my head," Nothin what's wrong?" She glanced cheerfully at TJ then back at me," Me and Terrance were thinkin we should go on a double date." My eyes widened," Uh no thank you." "Come on D. We were thinkin you can take Michael Livingston from gym class." Clarice insisted well more like begged. I looked at TJ with a 'are you serious' face, he shrugged his shoulders," Clarice I'm fine, yall go ahead and have fun." I gave her a genuine smile so she wouldn't think I was sad or lonely, cause I'm not. I'm actually really happy for her and my brother, they both deserve somebody great.

After eatin ice cream, i heard TJ ask for Clarice's number, he gave a hug and went on back to what he was doin before he saw us. Clarice was too excited, she never shut up about it when we walked back home. She kept beggin me to go on a double date with her, but i turned her down even though i didn't want to. When i got home, I watched whatever was on tv until dinner time. After dinner, I went into my bedroom and read To Kill A Mocking Bird, my favorite book, and waited til everyone was sleep so i could sneak out. I checked my watch and did my normal routine, i grabbed my sweater and climbed out the window. I rushed over to the trail. I've been wantin to see Dally all day, sittin around with Clarice and TJ made the feelin worse.

When i finally got there, Dally was messin with his blade, before i approached him a branch that i stepped on startled him. He was ready to attack until he saw me, but he didn't acknowledge my presence. He put the blade behind his back and messed with his hands instead, completely ignoring me.

I stepped to him and held onto his arm," Dally what's wrong?" He glanced down at me," Who was that guy you were with earlier?" My eyebrows furrowed in confusion," What guy-" Dally snatched himself away from me and stepped back a little," Don't- Don't lie." His jaw was clenched together and his eyes were full of hurt and anger.

Then it clicked, he was talking about TJ. He saw us? "Dally that was-" Dally combed back his hair with hs hand in frustration," If you wanted to be seen out in public so bad you should've just told me instead of being a cheatin little slut." My jaw dropped , i clenched my fists together to keep myself from blowin up on Dally. I could understand why he would think that, but he didn't have to call me a slut.

I stomped over to him and poked his chest roughly," I ain't no slut Dallas. maybe if you'd let me finish you would've known that the guy you saw was my brother." I shoved him as hard as I could and stormed off. Before i could get away Dally gripped my wrist and pulled me back to him," Let me go."

He gripped me harder," Look, i didn't mean to call you that." I glared at him," You know what they say ' Say what you mean, mean what you say' and you said what you meant Dally." His grip on my wrist loosened and he sighed," I'm sorry alright." He let me go completely and stuffed his hands into his pockets lookin down at the ground," Dally why would you think that I would cheat on you. I'm not like those other girls." I steadily walked up to him and placed my hand on his cheek, he hesitantly gazed into my eyes," You are the worst yet the best thing that ever happened to me." I smirk crept on his face as he embraced me into a kiss. His hands trailed down my hips to my thighs and wrapped my legs around his hips.

My arms snaked around his neck and my hands tangled his hair. He planted kisses down my neck and on my chest," Remember that waitress from the diner?" I looked down at him and raised my eyebrow," Yeah, why?" he smiled and kissed my chest again," She tried to get my number." "Did you give it to her?" "No, and she asked me why i wouldn't give it to her." " And what did you say?" he mischievously grinned at me," I said I don't date white broads." My mouth opened in amusement, i playfully hit his chest and laughed," No you didn't." He nodded his head and chuckled, causing me to laugh even more.