Inside The Outsider

Dally's POV

   Once we got into the Curtis' house, I went directly to the couch and sat back into the cushions. Diana stood in front of me with her arms across her chest, tappin her foot in the process,"Dally, let me help you." I glanced at her with my good eye and shrugged my shoulders," I'm fine, alright. Relax." She rolled her brown eyes and sighed," Dallas Winston."
"Diana Robinson."

She looked to Ponyboy who was standing awkwardly by the door," Do you have some ice?" He nodded his head and she followed him into the kitchen. As I sat there I could feel a pair of eyes on me," Whatcha lookin at kid?"  "You really care about her Dal." Johnny stated with realization in his tone," Whatever." He was definitely right, i don't know what i would do if anything else happened to her. Suddenly i felt my hand being pulled, I glared up and noticed it was Diana. My expression didn't change; Johnny can already sense that I'm goin' soft, I don't want everyone else to think the same. Diana used all her strength and pulled me up from the couch and dragged me to the bathroom.

     I sat down on the toilet seat and watched as she went through the cabinet. She pulled out some ointment and went over to me, standing in between my legs. I placed my hands on her waist and laid my head on her stomach. Diana was taken back by my actions but quickly embraced it as well," What's wrong Dally?" I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed her tight," I can't lose you Doll." She pushed me back a little and lifted my chin up with her index finger," You won't. Now let me help you." I did as she commanded and she rubbed the ointment on my eye and wrapped the ice in a rag. She tied the rag up and placed it on my eye. She put everything back where it was and we left the bathroom.

    I sat back down on the couch next to Johnny. Out of nowhere, the front door opened and Darry walked inside with two brown bags in his arms,"Diana?" He questioned as he stared at her. She smiled wide and waved at him," Hey Darry,"I observed Darry as he approached her, there was something in his eyes that I didn't like," I didn't think I'd ever see you again." He shrugged his shoulders," I'm here now." Diana nodded her head and glanced at the bags,"You need help with those?" He shook his head," Nah, I got 'em." "Then I'll help you put the stuff away." Diana rushed him into the kitchen before he could even protest.

                           Diana's POV

     As Darry put the bags on the counter, I scrummaged through and pulled out all the stuff he had bought," Who's cooking dinner tonight?" I asked glancing at Darry," Me." "You!? Ya mama don't cook?" Darry looked away from me and scratched the back of his neck," Um, my parents died a few years ago." I bit my tongue, regretting what I just asked," I'm sorry-" He placed his hand on my shoulder," It's okay, you didn't know."
     He gave me a reassuring smile and I returned the favor,"So you've been taking care of yaself and ya brothas?" He nodded his head as he put the eggs in the fridge," You're a really good person Darry." He shrugged his shoulders," I couldn't live with myself if I'd just let my kid brothers get split up into a foster home. We're all we got...," I gazed at Darry, seeing how much love he had for his brothers. Any other person would have left them on their own," but, enough about me, what about you? You got any siblings?" I nodded my head," I have an older brotha named Terrance but we call him Tj; a younga sista named Olivia and a younga brotha named Henry." "Are your parents gonna keep going?" I scrunched up my face, not wanting to picture my parents having sex," I hope not." Darry chuckled at my facial expression.

      As time went by, Darry and I really got to know each other. Ever since that night I got jumped and met Darry, I knew there was something special about him. He just took care of me as if I was just a normal human being. We need more people like him in this day and age...