Inside The Outsider

Its been a few weeks since i've been grounded; i do as my parents tell me and come straight home and no going out on weekends. Dally comes every night that he can which is surprisingly every night," Diana? Diana!?" I glanced at Clarice," Yeah?" "Ya sure ya won't get in trouble?" I rolled my eyes," Yes. I can't leave the house, but you can still come in." She held up her hands in surrender," Okay, Okay just makin sure."

We finally made it to my house, i opened the door and no one was home yet. We both went into my room and set our stuff down on my bed. Clarice immediately went into my record case and scavenged through it. I watched her as she finally found a record, The Ronnettes. She flashed me the record as she took it out of the cover and put it on my record player. As the beat of the song started off, Clarice got up and swayed to the song, Be My Baby.

   I watched her dance like she was in love, which she probably is. All she ever talks about is her and TJ, and always gettin on to me about not havin a boyfriend. It annoys me that she doesn't know, she's my best friend, i would love for her to know. She continued to dance until she heard my family come in," Diana, you havin a party in there?" "No momma its just-" Clarice popped her head out of my room," Me!" Momma smiled at her," Hi Clarice, what yall doin in there?" " Just about to do some homework." Clarice answered. " Well get to it." Clarice nodded her head," Yes mam." And closed the door behind her. She went over to my record player and cut it off.

   Clarice was gluing some stuff together for our project while i wrote down the information,"You're probably tired of me talkin bout ya brotha." I shook my head and smiled," No, i think its sweet. When y'all are happy, i'm happy." She smiled with me but quickly frowned," What about you Diana? When you gonna find someone that makes you happy?" I paused at her question. I want her to know everything, so she wouldn't have to worry about me; so we can talk about couple things with each other like normal girls do. I'm not tellin the whole world just my best friend, i know she'll keep our secret. She'll do anything for me vice versa.

   I looked Clarice into her eyes,"I have." It seemed like her eyes popped out of her head," You have!? Who!? Michael? Anthony?" I shook my head," He doesn't go to our school or school in general." Clarice scrunched up her face,"he's grown?" I shook my head again," Who is this guy?" I took in a deep breath then exhaled," His name is Dallas. Dallas Winston." Her eyebrows furrowed," What kind of name is tha-," it was like a light bulb clicked on in her head," You got yaself a white boy didnt you?" I nervously nodded my head, not knowin what her reaction may be.

Surprisingly, she squeezed me tight squealin," I knew you would. All that day dreamin did you justice. How long have yall been together?" " A couple months." "Is he nice and sweet like you see in the movies?" " Not exactly, he has his moments." Clarice's mouth twisted to the side and lifted an eyebrow," You got yaself a bad boy. Diana i am just to surprised right now, but i have one more question and im done for today." " Okay." " Have you two been intimate?" I could feel my face turning red, i shouldve seen that question comin, i covered my face with my hands to muffle my voice," Yes." "Oh my goodness, my sweet innocent Diana has matured." She grabbed me into a motherly hug squeezin the life out of me," I'll ask more questions tomorrow, but in the mean time, lets get back to work."

Once me and Clarice finished our project. I told her to keep me and Dallas relationship a secret before she went home.
When she left it was about time for dinner. I sat by myself across from Olivia and Henry as usual. Momma served us the food and we ate in silence,"Diana." Momma called, i set my fork down and turned my attention to her," Yes mam?" "Me and ya daddy decided to let you off the hook. You've been doin good lately and i can see you're kinda miserable not hangin out with ya friends." My face lit up with joy," Thank the lord." Momma grinned in amusement and we continued eatin.

After dinner, we all got ready for bed; i changed into my night clothes, got into bed and finished reading another book i got from the library.
I've gotten use to Dally comin in here every night so i keep my window slightly open.
As i looked up from my book, Dally was climbin in; i tossed my book and held out my arms to him," Dally!" I cheered quietly. He crawled onto my bed and scooped me up in his arms," I missed ya Texas." He scrunched up his face at the nickname i gave him," Dont call me that." I teasingly smiled," Texas, Texas, Tex---as." He glared at me with a straight face. Without a warning, Dally attacked my neck, gnawin at it causin me to giggle uncontrollably.
I covered my mouth with my hand to shut myself up; he paused what he was doin," What's my name again?" " Texas." He deviously smirked," Wrong answer." He attacked my neck again but held my arms down so i couldnt cover my mouth. I tried hard not to laugh too hard as he basically tickled my neck. Every time i would squirm or try to escape, he would hold me tighter; i finally gave up," Okay... Okay," I heavily breathed tryin to catch my breath," Dally. Your name is Dally."
He pulled away from my neck and smirked," Thats what i thought."
You giggle under your breath," I love you Dallas."

Dally and i were laying down in each others arms, i caressed his chest with my exposed arm," Dally?" " Yeah doll?" " What made you want to go out with me?" I glanced up at him and he stared down at me. He twirled a piece of my curly hair with his finger,"I don't know. I guess when you had that gun pulled out on ya. I never seen a broad do that." I smiled up at him," That's when i knew i had to talk to ya." I brushed my hand against his face," I'm glad you did Texas."