Inside The Outsider

When i told Dallas i loved him, i immediately panicked and got out of his grip and carelessly ran out of the house of mirrors. I rushed over to my friends who were still munch in on their cotton candy," Diana calm down girl, did ya see a ghost?" Clarice joked, i panted," I gotta go, i'll see ya'll tomorrow." I didn't bother hearin what they had to say, i just rushed home tryin to get away from Dally who wasn't even followin me but my mind thought so. I finally made it home, my family was sitting around the dining table playin a board game," Hey Diana, did ya have fun?" Momma asked cheerfully. I nodded my head and smiled," Yeah it was fun. I'm goin to bed. Goodnight." they all said goodnight and i went into my bedroom and closed the door shut.

I took off my shoes and laid down on my bed. i stared at the ceiling, worryin about what happened. How could i be so stupid. I only known that boy for a month and a couple of weeks and i told him i loved him. i know he doesn't feel the same, i'm probably just another one of his 'broads' that he messes around with. Why would he love me anyway, i'm just a lonely colored girl cryin for attention to him. I blinked away the stray tears in my eyes," I'm so stupid, stupid. stupid." i covered my eyes with my hands and cried myself to sleep.

"Diana..Diana." i could feel someone hovering over me, shaking me lightly. I drowsily lifted my head from my pillow and opened my dry eyes," Dally? Why you here?" I hesitantly raised up my body to face him, he sat down on the bed and held my hand in his," What the hell happened earlier?" his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. I nervously bit my bottom lip, not wanting to tell him what happened. he might think i'm naive or just plain stupid. I built up some courage and sighed defeatedly," I-I uh panicked." "Why?Did i do something?" i shook my head," No. I told you i loved you. And i don't think you feel the same." I could feel the tears welling up, ready to spill again," What? Of course I feel the same," Dally wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me onto his lap. He placed a kiss on my cheek then buried his face into the crook of my neck," I'm crazy about ya, Doll." He planted kisses all over my neck causing me to laugh quietly," How'd you get into my window?" He stared at me questionably and smirked," I'm Dallas Winston. I can do anything."

Dally rolled to the other side of my bed and laid beside me. His hand grazed my hip, which made my skin tingle. I gazed into his cold loving eyes as i caressed his cheekbone," My sister said you were cute." He raised his eyebrow and smiled," I am pretty cute aren't I?" i shot him a straight glare," Don't flatter ya self Dally," i grinned and traced his facial features," But you are pretty cute though." He chuckled under his breath so my family couldn't hear us while they were sleepin.

We laid there in a comfortable silence until Dally spoke," Since you ask me this all the time, why did you choose me D? Huh? Why do you love me?" My eyes widened at the question, kinda stunned that 'he' would ask such a question," Uh you're cute for one thing, surprisingly kind when you want to be," He stayed intrigued in what i had to say," You're toughness is a bitter sweet thing; I like it because you have to be tough to survive but i hate it because it's not good to hold in all of your feelings, it makes people crazy and mean...But overall i love you because ya different." I reached over and kissed him on the lips.