Inside The Outsider

Dally grabbed my hand underneath the table, squeezin it gently as the angry woman approached us,"People are eatin' here!" The brunette haired woman yelled as a vein was poppin out of her forehead. All of us shared unknown glances; Dally glanced at the slender woman," Yeah?" The woman glared at each of us, snarlin her teeth at Dally,"You and ya dogs need to leave."

  Clarice scrunched up her face and glared in disbelief at what the woman just said," Dogs!?" "Yeah no animals allowed in the diner!" Dally squeezed my hand; I placed my other hand on his tense shoulder," The only animal here is you." I spoke up. The woman raised her eyebrows and laughed humorlessly," Shut your trap monkey!!" I was about to say something back, but Dally got out of my grip and stood up from the booth and in the woman's face," I'll kick your ass."

    Suddenly, a tall man emerged from one of the booths in the diner and stalked towards Dally," Might wanna think twice about that kid." "I'll kick your ass too." I stood up from the booth and grabbed Dally's arm, tryin to tug him away," Dally let's just go." "No Diana-" "Listen to ya slave." The woman insulted. I kept myself from retaliating like Dally and tried to gently calm down the woman. I reached for her arm, but she immediately swatted me away," Don't touch me nigga!" Out of nowhere the tall man forcefully shoved me away from the woman. It knocked me out of balance and I fell on the floor. Johnny, Pony and Clarice got out of the booth; Johnny held out his hand to pick me up and I surely took it.

All of sudden, Dally threw a punch at the man's face, stunning him in the process. Instinctively, the man came back with a harder punch that knocked Dally off his feet. I crouched down to Dally and helped him up; he tried to hit the man again but I dragged him out of the diner with Johnny, Pony and Clarice following behind," Have you lost ya mind white boy?" Clarice questioned. I wrapped my arms around Dally's waist as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder," Dally, you could've gotten ya self killed." He glanced at me with his good eye and smirked," As long as you're safe, I don't care." I slightly smiled and we stopped at the corner of a building," Let me see ya eye." Dally removed his hand from his eye and I sighed. "Damn whiteboy, it looks worse than what I expected." Clarice announced. His eye had already turned purple and it was definitely swollen," let's take him back to my place." Pony suggested. We all agreed and headed towards his house.

As we were walkin, I unlatched myself from Dally, to go talk to Clarice who was trailin behind us," Some hangout this turned out to be." I glanced at Clarice and spoke," If you want to go then just go." Clarice shook her head," I'm not leaving you with them-" "Why are you so rude to them?" She stopped in her tracks and crossed her arms over her chest," Are you really askin me this?" "Yes, yes I am." "These people judge us everyday, mistreat us everyday and ya askin why I'm being rude?" "They're different-" "What makes them any different?" I swallowed the lump in my throat," Because-" "Because what? They're nice to us now. I'm sure when they first saw you, they were disgusted."

   I glanced at her and back at the ground," Open ya eyes Diana. They will always be disgusted by you, by me. It only takes one screw up for them to think of us differently. Only one." I shook my head not wanting to believe what she's saying," Now, imma leave you today but I'll always be here for you, cause I fear for you Diana... I fear for you. Cause they are gonna get you killed." With that, Clarice gave me a quick hug and parted ways with us. I caught up to Dally and them, who were far up the rode. Dally wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him," What was that all about?" "Nothing, she was tellin me she had to go home." He glanced down at me and I looked up at him, putting all the things Clarice said in the back of my mind.