Inside The Outsider

When i woke up Dally was gone, the sun was beaming through my window, i sat up on my bed. I wish these scars and bruises could go away over night; without a warning momma opened the door. She had a bright grin on her face until she saw me; she immediately ran over to me, grabbing my face in her hands," Diana what happened! Who did this to you!? Huh!? When did this happen!?" Momma panicked so bad that i couldnt answer any of her questions," Terrance!" Momma yelled after my dad," Yeah?" "Get in here!" My dad rushed to my door,"What's wr-?" he stopped dead in his tracks with the same look Dally had on his face when he saw the bruises.

My dad stalked over to me and momma; he looked at momma then me," When did this happen?" I disappointedly looked into their eyes," It happened last night." Their expressions were stiff," But you were here asleep." " I had a nightmare so I went walkin so i could clear my head," i looked them in the eyes so they wouldn't think i was lyin," When i was out there some white guys jumped me." Daddy glanced at Momma then back at me gravely. It was like his eyes were piercing into my soul, like he knew something wasn't right," Don't you go out there again at night. I don't care if you have a nightmare or a daydream, these people won't hesitate to kill you Diana. I thought TJ being in the army would be stressful, but this is much worse." I nervously tangled my fingers together," For now on, you come straight home from school and i dont want you goin anywhere on the weekends. You goin to stay here and watch your brotha and sista." With that her and daddy stormed out my room.

All morning, momma and daddy didn't even speak to me, i could feel the disappointment in them. I shouldve seen this comin the moment i started sneakin out, now i can't go anywhere, cause I know now they will check on me every second. I got up from the table as i finished my breakfast, i grabbed my school bag and walked to the front door," Remember what ya momma said." Daddy said sternly. I glanced back at him," Yes Sir." I closed the door behind me and walked over to Clarice's house.

When i approached her house, Clarice, Lisa and Cheryl were already outside talkin, waitin for me," Hey y'all." They turned to me and smiled, but their smiles went away as they saw my face. Clarice pushed through Lisa and Cheryl and embraced me into a hug, layin my head on her chest as if i was a child," Diana what happened?" "I had a nightmare last night, i went walkin to clear my head and some white guys jumped me." Clarice pulled me away from her and stared at me surprisingly," Diana why would you go walkin at night!? Ya couldve came to my house." I shrugged my shoulders," I didn't want to disturb yall." " We are your friends, if ya need anything we're here for ya." Cheryl added. Clarice hugged me back again," If you ever have another nightmare or anything just drop by my house." I nodded at her and we all walked to school.

After school, i did as momma said and came straight home, i really didn't want to, but i have respect for my parents and i won't disobey them. They do everything for me and i wouldn't want to lose their respect for me. When i came in, I threw my book bag on my bed and took my shoes off; changin into somethin more comfortable.

I grabbed one of the books i checked out from the library and went into the kitchen to pour me a glass of water. I sat down on the couch, took a sip of the water and opened the book. I was about to read until my siblins came burstin through the door with momma and daddy on their heels," I told you i'd beat ya!" Olivia boasted to Henry," Diana can beat you." "Diana can do what?" I asked them curiously. Henry rushed over to me and stood in front of me," You can beat Olivia in a race." I grinned at him," Yeah I could." I glanced at Olivia and she stuck her tongue out, i did the same to her.

I scrapped my book and helped Olivia with her homework. She kind of struggles with her math alot so im always there to help her. After finishing Olivia's homework with her, we ate dinner then sat in the living room to watch tv. I told everyone goodnight and went into my room.
I put on my night clothes and sat on my bed and continued to read the book from earlier.

I really started gettin into the book," I, Robot" i was half way through with the book, i glanced at my clock and it was pretty late. Suddenly i heard my window being rattled with a little, i set my book down and walked over to my window. As i suspected it was Dally tryin to pop in, i opened up my window and he easily climbed in. I backed away so he could have some space to shut my window," I take it that you're grounded." He inquired. He turned to me and i nodded my head," In a way, yeah." He nodded his head with no expression on his face.

Without a warnin, Dally snaked his arms around my hips and hugged me tight. I wrapped my arms around his neck which lifted me off the ground; Dally nuzzled his head in my neck. He carried me to my bed and sat me down gently, his hands were still on my hips as he kissed me hungrily. I tangled my hands in his growing hair; he trailed kisses along my jaw and down to my neck. I let out a silent moan as he sucked on my sweet spot which he found oh too easily. I grasped ahold of his hair again," Don't cut your hair," I commanded," You look gorgeous." He immediately stopped what he was doing and brought his face up to mine, confusion plastered on his face," I don't like that." I smiled," You look beautiful then." He shook his head. I sighed and giggled," Fine. You look handsome." He didn't say anything, i looked into his cold eyes and grinned showin off my dimples; Dally pulled himself from me unamused and turned his body away from me.

He started to look at the pictures i placed on my walls," Dally what's wrong?" He combed back his hair with his hand and faced me sternly," How are you smilin and laughin? You should be more pissed than I am." " Why should I?" He furrowed his eyebrows and pointed at my face,"Look what they did to ya. How are you smilin and laughin?"
"Cause it don't matter," I sighed," Dont you see, they think im afraid of them now but im not. Hell these scars will go away eventually." He crossed his arms stiffly,"They'll kill ya next time you do anything." I shrugged my shoulders," And that's a sacrifice i'm willing to make. Dally you shouldn't care about them." He rolled his eyes and combed back his hair in frustration," I don't care about them. I care about you dammit."

I grabbed onto his arm and pulled him over to me," Dally?" He didn't look at me," Dally? Look at me." I gently placed both of my hands on his cheeks and guided his face to mine," Look at me." I softly requested. His eyes slowly came into contact with mine," I'm fine okay. I'm fine. I'm not worried about them or anything, and you shouldn't be either. Okay?" I pecked him on the lips," Okay?" He placed his forehead onto mine and breathed," Yeah Doll."