Inside The Outsider

I glanced up at Dally as his hair was blowing in the wind

I glanced up at Dally as his hair was blowing in the wind. His hands were on the steering wheel as I laid against him. We were driving on an open rode far from Oklahoma," I can't believe we're doing this..." I said.

Dally took his right hand off the steering wheel and wrapped it around me," I'm glad we did." I looked out onto the rode as we sped pass farms and country homes. Each hour the landscape would change as we got closer and closer up north.

I sat there in the seat thinking about everything. My parents were furious when I told them I was running away with Dally. They'll probably never forgive me, but he's all I ever wanted and I wasn't going to give that up. Our plan was simple; Dally stole a car from someone he knew, pack our things and just drive.

Money wasn't even a thought. We just had to go. Guiltiness is constantly building up in me but there's no going back. I took out a book from my bag and read from where I left off.

Dally pulled my suitcase out of the trunk and set it on the sidewalk. We were parked in front of a cruddy brick building. We were in New York City, not the part that you see on tv and movies. We were in the parts everyone was scared to be in. I followed Dallas to the building and up the stairs. We walked up about 3 flights of stairs. Dallas stopped at one of the doors and pulled out a key.

He pushed open the door and we both walked in," Home Sweet home!"
I gave him a small smile, even though I wanted to slap the taste out of his mouth. The apartment was a wreck; the wallpaper was falling off, the furniture was tearing apart and the floors were rickety," We drove all the way here for this Dallas?"

He walked over to me and grabbed my shoulders," You're too focused on the negatives, D. Look we have our own place. It's ours." He gave me a smile before kissing my lips. I never seen him this happy, ever. It warmed my heart to see him being so optimistic," I guess you're right." He scooped me up by my hips and spun me around, placing sloppy kisses all over my face.

The whole week we spent fixing up the apartment. I made Dally do all the
work since I was promised a livable apartment before we arrived here. He had no problem getting us furniture; he has the beautiful gift of schmoozing. I was a little jealous of his gift sometimes. He had no problem with getting what he wanted, hell, he got me.

I was stretching my arms up and down with the paint roller in hand; trying to get every last crevice on the wall. Dally swiftly took the object from my hand," I got it Doll." I was about to protest but he easily got the last of the spots with one swipe. I sat down on our new couch and admired our work. I still couldn't believe that this was actually ours.

I tossed the pasta in the pot with all the other ingredients. I turned up the radio that was sitting on the counter. I swayed my hips to the tune and stirred the pot. Suddenly I heard Dally come in through the front door. He had finally got a job that didn't require stealing and lying. He worked at a factory, of course he hated it but it paid well. Dally snaked his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek," Don't dance too hard, D–You'll disturb the baby."