Chapter 2: Clash of Two Hearts

All rights reserved ©2015 by MsDreamerGirl84

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because the reality is finally better than your dreams." ― Dr. Seuss

Rafael Alejandro's POV

VSC's Office

Keeping my cool with her sudden appearance, I kept my eyes trained on her, scanning her subtly up and down, taking in her presence. She looks so stunning with just her tight blue skinny jeans showcasing her long toned legs and rounded ass, paired with a tight-fitting white tee that has a cat's paws printed across the chest. I rose from my chair casually, shrugging it off her anger and face her casually, with a neutral look.

She's tall, but with me standing close to her she looks shorter. Now, I'm hovering over her. She steps back as she clenched and unclenched her hands. 

"How may I help you, Ms. Bennet?" I drawled huskily which I didn't intend to sound like that but with my straight face.

Good acting, Rafael. I mentally applauded myself because deep within me, I wanted to jump and shout in happiness after thinking about her for so many nights, and here she is, in the flesh, in front of me. 

Stepping forward, I took in her scent and it's as sweet as I remember. "I don't need your help, Mr. Valiente!" she exclaimed tartly as she glared at me. I was taken aback.

Feisty!

"So, to what do I owe this honor, Ms. Bennet?" I raised my eyebrow as I met her fuming eyes.

I smirked.

"Well," she huffed, puffing her chest out and my eyes drifted to it. "I just came to tell you that, YOU ARE THE MOST SELFISH, BLACK-HEARTED, CONCEITED BASTARD, this society ill-fated had. And I'm not going to beg on my knees for your help, not even on my last breath!" she fumed with no decorum and I was taken aback again, meeting her eyes that were looking daggers squarely at mine. 

I felt like I was punched right through my heart with her words. I've been called worst, but I was never affected. I was referred as the black-hearted man but it never bothered me just like how I'm troubled right now after hearing it from her. Coming from her mouth is like a dagger that strikes right through my heart. 

My anger rises swiftly before I could think. "You may leave then, Ms. Bennet!" I snapped furiously. She shot me a deathly glare briefly before she spun on her heels and headed for the door.

I felt alarmed that this might be the last time I'll see her face. She was close to the door when I found my voice raise. "WORK WITH ME, BELLA!" I offered loudly with my breath hitched waiting for her response. 

She stops before she could reach the knob and snapped her head at me incredulously. I know, I myself was surprised either. I think my heart and head, has its own mind, the way my body has its own.

"Why?" her voice mocking. "You're not satisfied with the stunts you threw in my career path? You had successfully ruined my work reputation." Venom dripping in every word. "No one wants to employ me because I did something that I don't even know, to the most influential person on this earth." She emphasized through clenched teeth. "What else do you want?" she asked bitterly though sarcasm never left her tone. Her eyes were glistening and suddenly I felt a tad of remorse. I know I was too irrational when I did it. I wasn't thinking about the consequences. I was too focused on seeing her again and the thought of her begging me was very tempting. The thought of her had won over my sanity.

In a second, I found myself standing close to her. So close that she squirmed and steps back until her back touches the door and she was cornered. I walked closer trapping her against the door.