Chapter 19: Anger and Betrayal 2

"Love involves a peculiar unfathomable combination of understanding and misunderstanding." - Diane Arbus

Markovich Palace, Russia

(Unedited)

[Clara Bell POV]

I slept the whole day and it was odd. I never did this in my entire 25 years of existence. So that night, when grandpa came to see me in my room he was worried that he called upon the presence of the Palace Doctor, Dr. Vandervon. As soon as he walked in, he was busy then checking my blood pressure, my chest, my tongue, probing everywhere of my body.

My Grandpa was watching at the bottom edge of the bed waiting for the doctor to be done. After a long and enduring waiting, the doctor finally was done and turned to face my Grandfather.

"She's 6 weeks along and I will give her a prescription for a vitamins she needed. She's low in iron." The doctor proclaimed smiling sweetly to me and then to my Grandpa. I was staring at my Grandpa with my head still wandering. I couldn't grasp what the doctor just said.

"I'm pregnant?" I mumbled audibly like an idiot. What would Rafael feel about this? I'm beginning to get scared. Grandpa was looking ecstatic with the news. The fact that it's going to be a big scandal brought by me to his grace, he seemed not minding it. Is that's how desperate he is?

Everyone was gone with only my grandpa left with me. He was sitting on one of the armchair on the corner while watching me.

"Have you talk yet to Rafael?" he asked. Smiles never left his face. He looks younger than his age.

"I haven't Grandpa. He was too busy. I don't wanna bother him." I replied nonchalantly.

"But he needs to know Tatiana." The Grand Duke voice out not noticing the changes in my mood.

"He will Grandpa. I was thinking to surprise him in New York." I blurted out thinking to go give Enna a surprise visit. I needed her now more than ever.

I don't know how am I gonna tell Rafael about it.

"Great! That's a good idea Honey! He will be happy. And when you came back, we will just arranged a simple wedding where not much of guest. Maybe only us and a witness. That would be safer for all of us. I don't want that incident happen again." Nikolai Markovich exclaimed making him grimace upon remembering that dreadful day of their wedding.

"I will ask Gannon to make a preparation for your journey to New York. I will leave you now Tatiana and take a good rest." He smiled and walk to my side, kissing my forehead before leaving my room. When he's gone I let the tears free falling on my cheeks. I felt so weak and empty.

Why is he not calling me?

——{{@}}——

[Rafael POV]

I woke up with the annoying ringing of my phone. I grab the phone from the bedside table and didn't bother to check it.

"Speak." I snapped exasperatedly, closing my eyes while my spare hand was massaging my temple. I just came back last night from India. It took several days before they got back the vessel but it needs a huge restoration of the Petroleum tanker. The pirates was arrested and paid the said damages. I'm glad every of my ships, tanker and fleet are insured, so the insurance had to pay for the restoration of my vessel.

I didn't sleep for this past days and nights trying to get this problem done and never had time to think about Bella and this goddamn caller just broke my peaceful sleep that I never had in a long time.

"Rafael.." her raspy voice woke me up completely and I sat up straight.

"Bella?" I murmured. I felt that tingles courses through my blood and realized I missed her so much. She sounded like she just cried and broken.