Chapter 22: The Lies and The Heartbreaks

"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." 

― Kahlil Gibran

(Unedited)

Penthouse, Grand Carlston Hotel

[Clara Bell POV]

The silence in the car was deafening. He was so quiet and I'm too mad at him. The jealousy I felt had clouded every reason that's left in me.

I looked at him and he looks mad.

Was he mad because we left early? I'm glad Alessandra and Stavros didn't question why we were leaving early. The party has just begun. It was 9 at night when we left. He's been driving for an almost an hour. We should arrive to his place very soon.

I leaned against my back and close my eyes. I can't stay awake any longer. My eyes are droopy and I'm feeling light headed. Not long, I fell asleep.

———{{@}}———-

[Rafael POV]

After I talk to Katherine, I called Christopher to file a lawsuit against the insurance company for breaching the policy, to threatens them. I gave the insurance company a week to decide then I will not stop until their company shuts down. I'm not to be messed with!

I shoved my phone in my pocket and I noticed that I was in the balcony overlooking the water front a bit farther but with clear view. It looks beautiful as the light from the lamppost lighting the area. Reflecting the color of the light in the water. I move closer to the metal railings where the light was a bit dimmed and both hands was holding onto it watching the sky. It was beautiful night.

I was about to head back to the hall when I saw Stavros and Alessandra. Stavros was on the phone. Alessandra saw me and she walk to my direction leaving Stavros alone.

"Hey!" She smiled and stood beside me. We both face the waterfront as we talk.

"Hi!" I greeted back.

"When is your due?" I asked politely.

"In a month. It's getting heavier each day, you know?" She chuckled as she rub her palm on her big bump." She looked up to the sky and heaved a loud sighed. I thought Bella would surely look beautiful when her belly grown big. I smiled.

"I'm happy you already found her!! I saw how happy you were! Those twinkle in your eyes when you look at her.. You are definitely head over heels in love Rafael, and I'm so happy for you!" She remarked cheerfully, giving me her full blown smile.

"Yes! She was the best thing that ever happened to me!" I smiled back. "And I'm going to be a father!!" I blurted out excitedly, before I realized it.

"Really?" She exclaimed with widened eyes. "Congratulations Rafael!! Wow this is great news!!" She pulled me for a hug and I hug her back patting her back lightly.

I thought I have love Alessandra, but I was wrong. The feeling I had for her was definitely not as strong as I had for Bella. I smiled at the thought of her. I had to go back before she worries.

I pulled myself away of Alessandra and thank her. We both turned on our heel and I excused myself. She stopped at the middle of the balcony under the light. She wave before I headed back to the hall.

When I came back to our table, I didn't see Bella. Demetrio and Nicolas was talking while the others was in the dance floor. I went around to look for her but I don't see her anywhere.

I decided to check on the washroom. The only place I could think she could be. Just as I reach the door, Kristela block me smiling flirtatiously. I had to get away from her before Bella sees us.