Chapter 3: The Pursuits

All rights reserved ©2015 by MsDreamerGirl84

"If you can make a woman laugh, you can make her do anything." ― Marilyn Monroe

Clara Bell's POV

Grandt Carlston Hotel
, Penthouse

I pushed the trolley with the tray of food to the empty elevator then punched the top floor button. For some reason, I felt uneasy. I'm hoping that the new CEO is nice and not a grumpy old man or worst an old pervert man.

The elevator jolted and move up smoothly. Running my palm across my skirt, trying to smoothen any crumpled area. I tucked any loose strands of my hair behind my ear as I waited for the machine to stop. After like a decade, the elevator finally comes to a halt and the door slides open. I push the trolley carefully out of the elevator and made my way to the destination door, but since the penthouse occupies the whole floor, there's only one door.

I stood in front of the double door for a minute as I tried to calm my nerves. I'm beginning to feel the butterflies in my stomach and cold sweats starting to break out. I heaved a loud breath before punching the door bell. I waited and waited, but nobody came to open the door for me.

I heaved a frustrated sigh as I punch the doorbell again, harder this time. A few minutes later but to no avail. I hold the doorknob and twist it slowly and I was surprised when I realized the door wasn't locked.

Did someone break in? A thought rushed through my head and I felt goosebumps everywhere of my body.

I peaked my head through in first to check if someone's inside or maybe the CEO but I saw no one. There were no trails of robbers, as well. I reluctantly walked in pulling the trolley with me, my eyes scanning vigilantly around the huge room. I gingerly kicked the door shut when I think everything is fine, pushing the trolley to the kitchen and promptly place the covered food on the table quietly thinking to sneak out before the new CEO will see me.

After I put everything on the table nicely, I straightened myself and look for any imperfection and when I'm satisfied I grab the trolley thinking to sneak out quietly.

"Good morning, Bella!" A deep rich voice boomed inside the room making me jump on my feet in surprise and stumbled over my own feet, unable to balance myself and fall, my butt landed first on the floor.

I ignored the sharp pain shot through my back as a realization hit me. "IT'S YOU?" I grumbled, my eyes widening at him.

I was overwhelmed with mixed emotions. Rage? disbelief? happiness? Wait What? Why happiness?

When I was about to pull myself up thinking to get the hell out before I'll kill him, I felt a deep pain in my ankle. I must have twisted it. I winced when I felt a pinching pain as I tried to stand up. Sitting back, I hissed disappointedly.

I shot him a deadly glare. He was suppressing his laughter, but when he saw me winced again his aura changes.

I close my eyes trying to hold the whimpering sound of pain that's coming out of my mouth when the pain settled.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you!" Rafael's voice rang in my ears and when I opened my eyes he's already close to me. Good Lord, he wasn't wearing anything but a towel and he smell so good, sexy. His aftershave is driving my inner thoughts wild! His bulging muscles that look like a rock is captivating and I'm itching to run my hands on every ridge of his ripped pecs and abs. I gulped audibly and reverted my gaze before I forget who he was.

"Here, let me help you!" He offered as he snakes his hand around my waist and held me close to him almost carrying me to the couch while I was trying to keep my sprained ankle up, walking with him with only one foot. I think I just lost my breath when his hard muscles touched my soft body. Our close proximity is unsettling. I felt his hard muscles around my waist and pressing against me. I gulped audibly as I hold back the urge to touch his hard rock chest.