Chapter 6: The Make-Over

"Do not allow yourself to be blinded by fear and anger. Everything is only as it is." ― Yuki Urushibara

Edited BY: bomabenjy

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Clara Bell Bennet's POV

18th Floor, Langley's Condo Suite

I whipped my head to see Rafael instantaneously, as soon as I heard his roaring voice across the lazy night. He looks like he's ready to kill with his scorching steely eyes, hands was curled into fists and walking fiercely towards Angelo. My reflexed suddenly kick in, walking in front of Angelo, my body blocking Rafael in grabbing him.

Rafael stopped right in front of me clenching and unclenching his hands, with his clenched jaws.

"I'm not your girlfriend Rafael!" I stated calmly. As I wanted to smack his face for having the guts to say I am his, while he was away for two months with the arms of her ex-girlfriend. How dare he? 

He looked at me in disbelief and after a long piercing stare which I matched his. He breathed gruffly then look at Angelo once more before turning on his heel and swiftly walk to his car which I didn't recognized while ago and sped off causing the tires to screeched loudly.

I felt hurt and suddenly I'm beyond exhausted. 

"Good night Angelo!" was all I said and turned on my heel to the entrance door and without bothering to look back. I headed straight to the elevator. 

I retired that night with a heavy heart and a decision to forget Rafael and live my life the way it used to be.

Sunday came and Angelo was calling me. I ignored it until it ended. After a few minutes it went on again. 

I glanced at the clock and it was 10 in the morning and was still feeling too lazy to get up. Reluctantly, I picked up my phone and connected it. 

"Yes Angelo?" I asked lazily with no decorum.

"Hi, about last night... I hope I didn't shock you, I'm sorry, I just couldn't hold it anymore, when I saw you yesterday" he trailed off, as he sighed heavily.

"I understand Angelo and I'm sorry about last night." I said apologetically. 

"Is he your boyfriend? I know he's a cold hearted man. I met him once in a business conference in France" he remarked bitterly.

"You heard what I said last night Angelo. He is not my boyfriend" I unconsciously snapped at him as I gritted my teeth. 

I am no one's girlfriend and intend to keep it like that! 

"I'm sorry, I thought I'm late." he exclaimed joyously. Suddenly, he was ecstatic. I wanted to tell him that I just wanted him to be like my brother and nothing more but his enthusiasm caught me off guard. I held my tongue not to spill it. 

"So can we go out tonight?" he asked cautiously. I was silent for a moment trying to weigh the situation. If I go out with him he'll think I like him too. If I don't I will hurt him and I don't want him to feel hurt. He and his family have been so nice to me. I don't want me to be the cause of his misery. 

I can hear him breathing harshly waiting for my response.

I was still battling with my heart and head. But I found my voice telling him yes.

"Thank you Bell! I will pick you up tonight at 8 if that's fine with you?" he inquired enthusiastically. I could feel his happiness radiating through the speaker. And it's hard not to be happy with him. His excited voice is so contagious that I just found myself agreeing with all his idea where to and what to eat. I know I'm digging myself into a deep ground, where there's no way of escaping. I hope this one dinner date won't give him any idea about me liking him.