Chapter 18: Anger and Betrayal 1

"A relationship is not holding hands while you understand each other, it's about having lots of misunderstandings and still not leaving each other's hands ..." - Unknown

(Unedited)

Markovich Palace, Russia

[Rafael POV]

It's been thirty six hours since the kidnapping. It has been the news all over the Television. I'm in my room watching as the reporter for international news was showing the events where the police was dragging Angelo, Don and the rest of the group. Then a bunches of boxes which I believe full of illegal weapons according to Giovanni. I wanted to kill those bastards but I knew Bell will hate me and that's the last thing I wanted her to feel for me. Giovanni is right. She is changing me and I don't even care. If it means of her to love me and stay by my side forever than let me change. I knew I'm starting to act oddly. And it actually felt good.

I turned the TV off and walked to the door. Before I walked out the door I my phone rang. I pulled it out with my free hand while the other twisted the door knob and open it. I put the phone close to my ears as soon as it connected.

The door was ajar and stood there when I realized who was my caller.

"Yes Katherine?" I began. When she call me I knew there's something terribly wrong that's needed my attention.

"Sir, I'm sorry to bother your vacation but we have a problem in one of our vessel. It was reported that has been seized by a Somalian pirates at the coast of Somalia. And they are asking for a hundred million dollars." she reported hesitantly.

"I will fly then tomorrow morning. Who was dealing with these guys?" I inquired light headed. One after the other. I groaned mentally.

"Simon Sir. He already called the coast guard and the Maritime for this matter." she proceeded.

"How about the Indian Navy? Call Yoghi and report about this. Just mention my name." I stated coldly. Yoghi is the chief of the Indian Union Naval Force and he is one of my close friend way back University days. We still kept in contact not until he followed his Dad's footstep. To be a naval army. But not long he was promoted as the chief of the IUNF.

"Noted Sir." she replied. I remember Kristela. I want her out of my sight when I get there. I don't want Bell to see her not now our relationship is going stronger.

"Is Kristela still working with us?" I probed flatly.

"She's done Sir, and she did a pretty good job. And everyone here just love her and her handiwork." she commented earnestly.

"Of course, who wouldn't love Kristela. She's good at what she's doing!" I ranted sarcastically thinking about how she managed to toy me making me believe she's one of a kind.

"Listen Katherine. I don't want to see her there when I'm back. Do something to get rid of her. I will be bringing my Fiancee and I don't want her to ruin it.!" I ordered icily and smile with the thought of spending more time with Bella with me in New York. A plan spark in my head. After that incident, our wedding has been postponed since the Grand Duke hasn't recuperated yet. He had an heart attack the day she was confirmed she was kidnap. And thank's God he didn't die. I hope Bella will come with me.

—————-{{@}}—————

[Clara Bell POV]

Bell stop dead track when she heard Rafael was on the phone. She was about to knock to see him and she saw his door ajar. She stood there trying to calm herself when he heard his loud tone. And she regretted listening. His last statement tore her heart into pieces. So he was still in love with his ex, Kristela.