Chapter 7: Troubled Past

"I got my heart's desire, and there my troubles began." ― Lev Grossman

Edited By: bomabenjy (Thank you!)

Vote

Comment

......................................................

Don Passini's POV

Somewhere in Texas

"Have you found your daughter yet? The young blonde guy asked as he puffed a smoke right in front of the face of the 60 year old guy who was surprising to be sober at this hour of the night. The young man was sitting in his favorite king chair while smoking. He was staring at the short stout guy sitting across him looking like a wet chicken. Two bulky guys were standing behind him holding him in place.

"Your debt is way due Barry! You promised to give her to me when she turned 18. That was 7 years ago!" He stated gruffly tossing the cigarette butt in the ashtray sitting on top of his desk.

"I'm done waiting! Let me guess Barry? Probably she's whoring around right now. Just how many men do you think have tasted her? Or she's already married and has kids." he said in disgusted voice. "I want my money back!" The young man shot him with a warning look as he stood up and pace to his direction. The two other guys moved back and joined the other man in the background. 

The young man bent down a little standing behind Barry.

"I'm giving you a week to pay me Barry or you'll join your wife very soon!" He promised menacingly, his breath fanning with Barry's ears making him cringed in fear. He knew that he was capable of killing his enemy with no mercy. 

"Please give me more time. I will find her and I will give her to you! I believe she's not married until now. I just heard she's in New York. I'll go get her myself" Barry promised pleading with the young man. The young man burst into a fit of evil laughter. 

"I'm not interested in her now Barry! I need my money. And I want it soon!" He admonished dismissively and motioned his men to throw the man out of the building. The two bulky guys took his shoulder and dragged him out of the room.

Barry was still pleading but the young man ignored it mercilessly.

The young man stood back in his chair. He remembered the night when he first saw her. Her beautiful smooth creamy skin, natural red pouted lips, beautiful face that was adorned with long curly dark copper lashes. At a very early age she was stunning, with blonde hair. She was just 17 when she was paid to do strip dancing for his friend's stag party. The bar where she worked told us she was 18 but I had sources and I found out she started working there at 16. With her height and body and a heavy makeup, it hard to tell she was younger than 18. 

He hosted the stag party, since he was the best man. His friend Karl fell in love with her. He doesn't blame him because he himself was drawn to her and even check on her background and he found out that her father was a gambler and a drunkard so he did all he could to get her. He thought that the old man will get back custody of her that's what he promised him, when he lent him money after he lost a poker match. He promised her to him as a payment to what he owed him. He waited for a year. The time he should have claimed her was the time he was in jail. 

"That bastard will also pay," he gritted his teeth. 

Don Passini was 35 years old. He was one of the FBI most watch citizen in the US. Rumors are, he's working with one of the biggest most wanted drug trafficking organization in North America. 

He just got out of the jail a month ago, when he lost the trial against Rafael Valiente for attempted murder, with Stavros Demakis as the witness. It was the worst years of his life. He remembered the time he and his goons beat him but someone came to help him and beat the shit out of them. He soon found out that they were dealings with shipping magnates.