One

Ador Preparatory Academy. The bane of my existence if you ask me. This school is full of the elite. The highest class of teenagers with the richest families. It's finally my last year then I can leave this hell hole and attend university in the states. Preferably Harvard or Yale. There is no doubt I'll get into at least one of them with my grades and connections. I know that's cocky of me to assume, but anyone that goes to Ador ends up at the best schools.

"Hey, some guy just asked me if you wanted to go on a date with him. Like seriously??? He didn't even have the balls to ask you to your face." Hanni, my best friend scoffs as she loops her arm around mine. Hanni and I have been best friends since we've come out of the womb basically. Both of our families own the biggest commercial hotels in Korea and Australia respectively. Hanni came to Korea officially in sixth grade, but we've been on vacations together since we couldn't even speak.

"I can't wait to get away from these preppy douchebags who think they can have whatever they want" This isn't the first time a guy has come up to Hanni asking me out through her and I'm sure it isn't the last. Even when I was dating my boyfriend, Jake, boys would still come up to me and my friends asking me out.

"I think every guy in this school has asked you out at least twice. I'm sure of it!" I roll my eyes and drag Hanni to our first class. It's the only class I have with her unfortunately. I have friends in every other class, but it's not the same without Hanni.

"You'd think they'd get the hint after the first rejection."

"Well maybe you should say yes to someone. There isn't anyone in this school that you like?"

"I rather get my left leg chopped off before dating one of these neanderthals. I literally can't be bothered anymore." Hanni laughs as she takes her place next to me.

"What about Jake? I heard that he was gonna ask you to the homecoming dance." I don't hate Jake, we just didn't mesh well. He was a good boyfriend and I know that he loved me, but I just never felt that way about him. He is the captain of Ador's football team and very popular so that's why I dated him during my sophomore year. We ended things about halfway through our junior year–it was kind of a messy ending he didn't see coming.

"Where did you even hear that? I haven't even had a real conversation with him for months."

"The Ador gossip blog duh. It was posted last night. Everyone was talking about it on twitter last night." The Ador gossip blog is the second bane of my existence. They are always staying in my business ever since I stepped foot on this campus.

"Han you know that gossip blog is useless nonsense 75% of what they say isn't even true"

"Yeah but it's juicy gossip and everyone loves a bit of gossip don't pretend like you don't"

"Would you shut up and pass me a pen."

"Why can't you ever remember to bring your school supplies? I'm eventually gonna run out then we're both going to be screwed." I wink at Hanni and take her pencil pouch and pull out a pen and give her my biggest smile and pat her head. I don't always forget my school supplies. I swear I don't. I was just in a rush to get to school this morning. Okay...maybe I do tend to forget them, but Hanni always has my back so it's okay!

"I heard that Jake is gonna ask you to the homecoming dance." My smile faded as I looked up and saw Jay, one of my very persistent suitors.

"I don't care." I turned away from him, putting my attention on the board as the teacher wrote the agenda for today before class. I felt Jay pull a chair next to mine. Why can't everyone just leave me alone?

"Well if you really don't care then maybe you should go with me instead. I'll make it worth your while." He poked my arm trying to get my attention which made me even angrier if that was possible.