two

"You did what!?!?!?"

"I wasn't really thinking...It kinda just came out!" I really shouldn't have given him hope, but then again maybe it could work out. I mean I'm the cheer captain he is football captain it's meant to be...right? Hanni clearly doesn't seem to feel the same way clearly since she is pacing back and forth in the small bathroom.

"I thought you said you didn't want to go with him that you were over him?" I felt a breeze past me from her dramatically waving her hands in the air. Sometimes Hanni can be a tad bit dramatic.

"I am over him! I told you I never really loved him in that way. I just need a date and well I know him so at least it won't be that awkward like if I went with some random boy." I hop on the bathroom sink observing Hanni's dramatic pacing. Why is she so upset over this? I mean it's not like she is going with him?

"I know that it seems like the easiest option but don't you want to see who else is gonna ask you? Maybe there is a better option." She finally stops pacing and sits next to me on the sink. "I just know that he said some messed up things to you last year and that's the only time I've ever seen you cry. I just don't want you to go through that again." I wrap my arm around Hanni's shoulder and practically force her to snuggle into me. Hanni is always really concerned about my love life and she was most concerned when I was with Jake. She could tell I didn't love him and thought I was hurting myself and him by prolonging that relationship.

"I really can't see there being a better option at this point." I hop down and gather my belongings heading towards the door since I'm already late for class. "Plus I told him I needed a couple days to think about it anyway so it's not like I just said yes."

"Minji I just don't want to see you get hurt again."

"I know." I walked out the door and began my way to my last class which is math. I hate math with everything in me. I'm pretty smart, not the smartest but better than average except when it comes to math. I just will never understand it. I made my way to my seat and that was all the way in the back left. I usually sit towards the middle or front in my other classes but I sit here in order to not get called on. I also don't have any friends in this class so it makes it easier to not be noticed.

"Minji. late again. One more time and you're going to have after school detention." It's already the second time I've been late to this class this week and it's only Tuesday.

"Sorry Mrs. Yoo." I lower my head trying to hide from the stares I'm definitely receiving now if I wasn't already arriving late." I grab my notebook out of my bag getting ready to take notes when I realize I left Hanni's pen in my economics class after lunch. Jesus Christ why can't I remember anything. I bang my head on the table and just let myself lay like this in distress then I felt something being placed on my desk. A pencil. What? I looked around me and no one seemed to be looking in my direction until I looked directly beside and saw her. Kang Haerin. She quickly looked away after giving me a little nod. I had no time to thank her because Mrs. Yoo began lecturing. I looked to my side again to try and get her attention but she didn't look at me again once for the entire period. Kang Haerin is a sophomore that skipped to twelfth grade math because she was basically a genius. Her dad is probably the richest man in Korea, but you wouldn't guess that by looking at her. Not that she is ugly, she isn't. She's very pretty probably one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen. She is just really shy and doesn't really speak to anyone. As Mrs. Yoo was ending class and everyone was packing up to leave. I turned again to Haerin and tried to speak to her, but she ran out of the room.

"Miss Kim, can I talk to you for a moment." Well this definitely can't be good.

"Sure what's up?" Mrs. Yoo began angrily tapping her pen on some papers which made me even more nervous.