eight

"You're an absolute idiot. Like possibly the dumbest person I know." Hanni aggressively chews on her chips as she continues telling me again and again how dumb I am for telling Jake I would go to the homecoming dance with him. Maybe she is right, but it doesn't matter. I need a date for the dance and Haerin clearly isn't an option.

"Look, you can say whatever you want, but I'm going with him. It doesn't have to mean anything anyway." I scan the cafe looking for a certain cat eyed girl. I haven't seen or talked to her since Saturday and I miss her. I know it's been like a day, maybe two, but still. I want to see her all the time everyday.

"Well it's definitely gonna mean something to that imbecile. Seriously, why would you go to the dance with Jake if you like Haerin?" It's not like Haerin likes me back so it doesn't matter. She is probably going with Niki anyway.

"For once I agree with Hanni you don't know what she feels. Have you asked her? Or even expressed to her that you like her?" Dani raises an eyebrow at me and of course she is right. I didn't do any of that. I just acted out of anger and impulse as I usually do.

"No...her and Niki were getting all cuddly during that movie so clearly she doesn't feel that way towards me." Hanni and Danielle just roll their eyes at me in synchronization.

"Didn't you tell us that she didn't like him? So maybe there is a chance she could like you back?"

"I highly doubt it. She probably doesn't like girls."

"No, she definitely likes you." I jumped a little at the new presence that plopped down next to me. What the hell?

"Hyein! Don't scare me like that!" I punch her shoulder causing her to tip to the side for a moment before quickly bouncing back. "First off, why are you sitting with us? And second, how in the world would you know that?" Hyein proceeds to steal one of my grapes and pops it into her mouth.

"I came over here to tell you that all afterschool activities are canceled for a homecoming event so no cheer, but thank goodness I did because this is way more interesting." I roll my eyes at the younger girl.

"Okay I already knew that I told you that this morning idiot. Why do you think Haerin likes me?" Hyein just smirks. What in the world is the tall brat doing?

"She told me." WHAT? Haerin told her that?!?! They talk? No they don't. They definitely don't. Why do I never know what's going on?

"What the hell Hyein, why didn't you tell me?" I grab her by the shoulders and shake her vigorously. How could she keep this from me? I'm her sister. I could kill her for this.

"HAHAH got you!" Of course this little shit! Hyein yelps as I continuously punch her shoulder.

"Don't fucking play with me like that I'm not in the mood." I hear Hanni snicker from the other side of the table. Of course she would laugh at my pain.

"Please stop hitting me!" Hyein pleads and I finally give in, letting the younger girl soothe her shoulder. "She didn't tell me, but anyone with eyes can tell." Why is Hyein watching us that weirdo?

"I agree with your sister, Haerin has never talked to someone more than you." I roll my eyes again for what it seems like the 100th time during this lunch period.

"So what if she talks to me that doesn't mean she likes me. I could just be a very enjoyable person to have a conversation with." I shrug my shoulders and continue eating my lunch.

"I highly doubt it. You have the conversation skills of a goldfish."

"HYEIN GO AWAY!" I scream in the younger girl's face. She quickly gets up from the table and runs away to her freshman friends. I turn back to Hanni and Danielle who are clearly holding in their laughter. "I'm going to the bathroom."