twenty nine

Haerin's POV

It's been two weeks since I've moved in with the Kim's. It's also been about two weeks since I started working at Marsh's coffee shop. At first it was weird going to work everyday and coming back to a house that wasn't mine, but I'm slowly getting used to it. My father hasn't contacted me since I left except when he sent a message saying he shut down my checking and savings account. What a lovely man he is. I also went onto his social media page and the limited amount of photos he had of me were no longer there. He really wasn't getting when he said he would erase me from his life.

"Want to go shopping?" Hyein barged into the room I'm staying in and jumped on the bed next to me.

"I have to go to work soon." The younger girl sighed heavily slamming her head back into the pillows.

"All you do is work. I have needs Haerin, and they are to have a funny giggly time with my best friend. Tell them you can't come in." She pulled me down, hugging me like I was a teddy bear.

"Hyein, I have to work so I can afford to go college in the fall." Hyein just sighed, releasing me from her grip.

"I just don't understand why you won't let Minji pay for you to go." I rolled my eyes at the younger girl. I can't let Minji pay for me, I have to do this on my own. I've had everything in my life just handed to me and it feels wrong now to just take and take without giving anything in return. It's not right to take her money even if she is giving it to me without expecting anything in return.

"I can't do that, it's not right. We can hang out after I get off." Hyein sighed for nth time and just nodded.

"Do you promise? Because last time you said that Minji locked you and her in her room all night." The younger girl pouted, causing me to laugh and poke her cheek.

"I promise I won't even look in her direction." The younger girl's smile stretched out wide, making me smile as well. Hyein just high fived me and ran out of my room to do whatever that crazy girl does on her own. I looked over and the clock read 8:57. I have to be at work in like an hour, but I really don't want to get up and get ready. I like working at the coffee shop. I really do. It's calm and usually not that busy and the atmosphere is nice. Plus Danielle's mom is really nice.

"Are you awake?" Minji poked her head inside my room. Wow the Kim's really need to work on their knocking skills. I mean what if I was changing? Or naked?

"Depends what do you want?" Minji just rolled her eyes and came into my room shutting the door behind her. She was in a tank top and running shorts and her long black hair was pulled up into a ponytail.

"You." I felt my heart stop at her words. Minji has been like this a lot lately. Just being extra flirty since we kissed on the stairs almost a week ago. I mean she was always flirty, even when we were just friends, well we are still friends. I don't know exactly what we are, it's so confusing. Like we definitely don't treat each other as just friends, but no one has brought up the being girlfriends again thing.

"Shut up." Minji just laughed sitting at the foot of the bed I was laying on.

"I'm about to go for a run, wanna come?" she placed her hand over my blanked covered leg rubbing back and forth. Minji's love language is definitely physical touch when it comes to her romantic relationships, however not her friendships which I find really funny.

"No, I'm about to go to work. Maybe next time." I sit up leaning against the headboard. Minji just hums and stands up again.

"Wanna hang out after?" I shake my head causing the older girl to furrow her eyebrows and frown. "And why not?" She puts her hands on her hips in a fake sassy way making me giggle. She is such a drama queen sometimes, it must run in the family.