twenty eight

Haerin has been staying at our house for the past couple days. After my parents found out that her dad kicked her out they immediately opened our house up to her with open arms. She also started working at Danielle's parents coffee shop that my group of friends used to frequently go to. I don't see her as much since we are on opposite working schedules since I started working with my fathers company, but we do hang out a lot late at night since it's the only time either of us are free.

"When is Rin going to be back?" Hyein plops down on the couch next to me, taking the papers I was working on out of my hands and throwing them on the coffee table.

"Late she is working." I roll my eyes picking back up the reports my father asked me to go over.

"Ugh but I'm bored. I want to hang out with her." Hyein flops back dramatically, thrashing back and forth on the couch.

"You don't think I want to hang out with her?" Hyein stops thrashing around and looks me dead in the eye.

"She is my bestie. I call dibs on her when she gets back." my eyes widened at her statement. She can't call dibs on Haerin, I call dibs!

"You can't do that!" I furrow my eyebrows at the serious girl.

"Yes I can, she is my best friend!"

"Well she is my-" God I don't know what we are right now. I sigh in defeat leaning back against the couch.

"Exactly now if you excuse me I need to go prepare for a night full of fun, giggles, and popcorn with my bestfriend so make other plans." Hyein gets up with a smirk skipping out of the living room. God what happened to Eunchae I thought they were friends. Why can't she hang out with her? Speaking of Eunchae, her older sister Chaewon apparently works at my father's company now. We've talked a couple times in passing, but we are about to have to talk a lot since we are working on a project together at the company. Maybe I can ask her to come over later.

-

"Do you want to come over tonight?"

"No."

"Pham Hanni please!" I begged the Vietnamese girl over the phone. Hanni just snickered and clicked her tongue.

"Dani and I are having a date night."

"She's not even here!" how can she have a date night with someone thousands of miles away.

"We are going to facetime and watch a movie together." God that's so sweet I hate it.

"Whatever. Do you think I should invite Kim Chaewon from work to come over?" Hanni and I work together in the same department as Chaewon so she also talks to her sometimes. The other side of the phone was silent for a second.

"Didn't you used to have a massive crush on her."

"Hanni I was fourteen and she didn't even know I existed." I laugh a little organizing the papers in front of me that I have been working on for the past couple hours.

"Well do what you want, I guess. Will Haerin be there?"

"Why does that matter?"

"I guess it doesn't have fun, I guess. Don't be stupid." Hanni hung up the phone without saying bye. Well that was rude. I immediately went to Chaewon's contact on my phone getting ready to text her. What do I even say? I could invite her over to watch a movie. Is that weird? Whatever.

Hey it's Minji

Not even a minute later the older girl responded.

Hey I know who it is hehe