fourteen

"Don't forget to study this week because chapter 10 test is on Friday." The class is filled with groans as Mrs. Jung dismisses the class after the bell. I'm not too worried about this test since it is history and I've always been good at history. The same can't be said for Hanni who is banging her head against her desk.

"If you keep doing that you're gonna get a concussion." The girl lifts her head and scowls at me.

"Maybe then I won't have to take the test." I just shake my head at the shorter girl and drag her out of her desk before she knocks herself out.

"It won't be that bad Han! Plus Halloween is on Saturday so you have that to look forward to." We make our way out of class and towards the library since we both have a free period after first period today.

"Speaking of that, have you got your costume yet? Dani and I got ours yesterday." I groan as I lay my books on a table in the library and sit down.

"I thought we were supposed to go together?"

"Well you were at cheer practice and Dani and I were already out." I roll my eyes as I pull out my history book to start studying. This Halloween the three of us are going as the powerpuff girls. Dani as bubbles, Hanni as buttercup, and me as blossom.

"Whatever. I'll just go after school today."

"Don't you have tutoring with Haerin?" I just nod continuing to look at my history book.

"Yeah I'm sure she wouldn't care if I skipped." Hanni snickers a little bit before also pulling out her history book.

"Have you looked at the ador gossip page lately?" I looked up at the girl across from me and raised an eyebrow at her. Is she serious? I don't look at that dumb shit.

"No I try to avoid that dumb shit as much as possible." Hanni didn't say anything else, she just slid her phone across the table towards me. What was written on the page was honestly astonishing.

Adorians!

Saw the school's princess and prince in a heated argument about a certain cat a couple days ago. They seemingly didn't end their conversation on good terms.

XOXO

"Fucking christ I wish they would just stay out of my business!" Hanni just sighed and took her phone away.

"Listen Minji you need to be more careful where you have these altercations because clearly people are listening in." She's right I need to be more careful if I want to be able to keep Haerin. Speaking of the cat-like girl, she just entered the library. Hanni seems to catch that my attention was now elsewhere and excused herself and left the library.

"Hey." Haerin gave me a big smile as she slid into the chair next to me. We honestly haven't fought in a couple days which is a record for us. It's been really good.

"Hey, where did Hanni go?" I just shrugged at the younger girl and she nodded back at me not saying anything else as she pulled out a notebook and began scribbling in it.

"Don't you have class?" Haerin just shook her head and continued scribbling in her notebook.

"No, my second period is study hall. Why are you here?"

"My class got cancelled. What are you writing in your notebook?" Haerin froze for a second before looking up at me and gave me a sad little smile.

"Trying to come up with a costume idea for me and Niki." Oh. I reached over and grabbed Haerin's hand that was in her lap and intertwined our hands together.

"It's okay, you don't have to be weary about talking about him. I understand, it's the only way." It's not okay, I hate it. I wish Niki would vanish from the earth, but he isn't going to so I need to get used to this. At least just for a little while.