eleven

It's been a couple days since the dance and Haerin promised to give us a chance yet she seems to be avoiding me more than ever. She was supposed to tutor me after cheer practice on Monday, but she texted me and said that she had to go home that something came up. Like whatever, I can get over that it was one time. Then on Tuesday she didn't talk to me the whole day even in math when we literally sat next to each other. She also canceled our tutoring session then. Not giving me any chance to respond before she ran out of the class. I just don't understand. I thought we were good now.

"I think you should confront her about it." I told Danielle and Hanni about it since it had been bothering me. I know Haerin made me promise to not tell anyone, but I mean try being friends with Hanni and Danielle. I tried, I really did, but they knew something was up the moment they saw me and wouldn't shut up until I told them. Plus I trust them, they wouldn't tell anyone.

"Don't you think it may be a little pushy? I mean maybe she has something going on." I don't want to seem overbearing or clingy. We aren't even really dating yet.

"No girl, she has been ignoring you since the dance. I think you at least deserve an explanation." I just nodded following the Vietnamese girl after paying for my lunch. I know she's right but what if Haerin changed her mind and decided she didn't want to try anymore. I really don't know if I can take that right now.

"I agree with Hanni. Just ask her about it. She seems nice enough and she probably has a good reason." Dani always has a positive outlook. I wish I could think like her sometimes.

"Yeah you're probably right. I'll ask her next time I see her." I sigh as I plop down in my seat across from the two girls. Dani reached over and opened Hanni's water bottle without the other girl even asking. Usually I wouldn't think anything about that, but the Vietnamese girl's cheeks became slightly rosy after that. Before I could ponder further on that, the cat-like girl came into my line of sight. Usually I never see her in the cafe. In fact I don't think I've ever seen her in here? Does she eat lunch?

"Go talk to her." Hanni gives me a pointed look.

"She's probably busy. Maybe later." Hanni just scoffs and throws a chip at me.

"She is literally just standing in line for food, she isn't busy. Now go before I make you go!" I quickly get up and make my way towards the younger girl out of fear of what Hanni said. She might be little, but she is dangerous. As I get closer to Haerin I feel fear run through me. What am I even gonna say? This is a terrible idea. Before I could run back to my table and pretend like this never happened I was beside the shorter girl and she was staring at me with wide eyes.

"Minji?" Shit what do I say?

"Why have you been avoiding me?" Great Minji very subtle. Haerin eyes widened at my abrasive question. Surely she wasn't prepared for me to be so up front, I mean neither was I.

"I uh I- I'm not. Just really busy this week." Haerin was clearly uncomfortable. I mean she could barely get through that sentence she stammered all the way through.

"What's going on? Is something wrong?" Haerin still looked visibly upset which was causing me more stress. Does she regret everything? Please god tell me no.

"Can we talk about this later somewhere more private?" She clearly didn't want to talk right now because she turned away from me and continued to wait in line to get her food. Well that kinda hurts.

I begin my journey back to the table and plop down frowning at the two girls in front of me. Why did they make me do that?

"I'm guessing it didn't go well?" Hanni raised her eyebrow at me and snickered a little.