twelve

"Danielle, do I look bad? Be honest."  My first official date with Haerin is soon and I feel like I'm gonna explode. What if I act like an absolute fool and she just leaves halfway through...no, Haerin wouldn't do that. She's too nice. She would stick it out till the end then tell me she never wants to see me again.

"Jesus christ Minji you've asked her seven times! You are going to the movies, not the Met Gala." Hanni throws one of the pillows off my bed right at my head.

"You look great, simple and cute!" Dani walks up and gives me a big hug and pats my head. I told Haerin to dress pretty casually since it was just a movie, but I don't know. What if she shows up really dressed up and I'm just in a pair of jeans and a cropped shirt. That would be so embarrassing.

"I have never been this nervous in my life. I feel like I'm going to throw up." I fall back onto my bed next to where Hanni is sitting.

"You are The Kim Minji! Everyone wants to be you and everyone wants to date you! You don't need to be nervous if Haerin knows what's good for her she'll love you." A heavy sigh escaped my lips as I listened to Hanni go on and on about how amazing I was. It's different this time. I've never felt this way about someone before, not even Jake.

"Thanks, I'll text you after I drop Haerin off and tell you how it went."

"Yes and please don't spare the intimate details." Hanni wiggles her eyebrows at me causing me to giggle a little bit. There is no way any of 'that' is going on tonight.

"Hanni stop being so vulgar. Get up, we are leaving so Minji can go get Haerin." Dani pulled Hanni off my bed and they said their farewells to me and left my house. I look at the time on my phone, 6:30. The movie is at seven so I better get going and pick up Haerin.

-

I am able to get into Haerin's house much easier than last time since she informed the guard at the front gate I would be coming. I still hate that asshole. I pulled into Haerin's massive driveway and parked my car. Should I knock? Do I text or call her? As I'm getting out of the car deciding it would be proper to knock, Haerin comes busting out of the front door. Why is she in such a hurry? I take a minute to look at the girl and she is wearing a cute denim skirt with a sweater. She looked so cute like a cozy cat. Before I could even greet said girl she dragged me back to my car ushering me in.

"C'mon let's go!" Jesus christ are we on a time crunch? I look at the frantic girl next to me whose leg is shaking.

"Are you okay? What's going on?"

"Minji please my dad doesn't know I'm going out. I'm supposed to be studying." I just nod at the girl and pull out of her driveway as fast as I can and begin the journey to the theater.

"You're dad doesn't know?"

"You know I can't tell my dad. I'm not supposed to be going out unless it's with Niki or a school affiliated event." I just sigh. That's all I can do. I can't argue about this with her. If this is the only way I can be with her then so be it. Okay Minji let's just try to have a good time. It was a few seconds of silence before Haerin reached over and grabbed my hand that was on the middle console, interlacing it with hers. I glance over at the younger girl and she just gives me a little smile before tightening her grip and turning her attention out the front window.

"Do you like scary movies?"

"Honestly I haven't seen many movies. I don't think I've ever seen a scary movie." My eyes widened comically wide at the younger girl.

"Are you serious? Not one?" Haerin just giggled a little bit and turned to face me again and poked my cheek. I felt heat rise to my cheek where Haerin touched.