twenty six

Haerin left my house last night at almost midnight. We spent hours talking and catching up with each other. She also did reassure me that she only had platonic feelings for that Leeseo girl and I believe her. However I can tell by how that girl barged into my room last night that her feelings are definitely not platonic towards my Haerin.

Knock. Knock.

"It's probably Leeseo I promised we would go home together and it's getting kinda late." Haerin got off my bed walking towards the door opening and sure enough there she stood like a wounded puppy pouting at my door.

"Rinnie, can we go home? I'm sleepy." Leeseo started rubbing her hand up and down Haerin's arm. You have got to be kidding me. Why the hell is she touching her like that? How can Haerin not tell that Leeseo clearly likes her. I already have to deal with Niki. I simply can not add another person to this equation. Also Rinnie? That's disgusting.

"Yeah let me just say goodbye to Minji and Hyein. I'll meet you downstairs." Haerin gave her a small smile, just a normal one. Not the big sparkly ones that she reserves just for me so that put me at ease a little. However what didn't put me at ease was Leeseo planting a kiss on Haerin's cheek while looking me directly in the eye then skipping down the hall. Haerin just turned around like that didn't happen and began gathering her things.

"Um hello?" I raised an eyebrow at the younger girl who just looked at me confused.

"What?"

"She just kissed you...like right in front of me. She made eye contact with me. It was weird." Haerin just giggled walking up towards me leaning up and planted a kiss on my cheek. This is the first time she's done that in over two years and it still ignites a spark within me.

"It doesn't matter because I don't want her, I want you. Come to my house tomorrow, I have your birthday present there." huh?

"To be honest I thought you forgot about it because you didn't call." Haerin's smile turned into a frown and she just leaned her body against mine.

"I'm sorry I didn't forget I just wanted to celebrate with you in person. I probably still should have texted you though." All I can do is smile and wrap my arm around her shoulder.

"It's okay. I'm excited to see what you got me though." The younger girl just giggled as a faint pink tint rose to her cheeks.

After Haerin left Hyein barged into my room asking about everything and then went on and on about her life updating me. Usually I would be annoyed but I missed her no matter how annoying she is. I also asked her about Leeseo and she confirmed my suspicions that Leeseo does like her. She did tell me that Haerin doesn't see her that way and only has eyes for me. It meant a lot to hear that since she was constantly being surrounded by both Niki and Leeseo.

-

"Took you long enough." Haerin opened the door to her house letting me in. As I step in there are people running back and forth looking very frantic. What the hell is going on here? "Sorry about the chaos, my father is throwing me a graduation party tonight after the ceremony. Of course you're invited." I furrow my eyebrows as the younger girl leads me to her room. Why is she calm about all of this? There is no way she is inviting me to a party her father is going to be at knowing that he hates me. What is she playing at?

"Do you really think that is a good idea?" I asked the girl as I shut the door behind us. Haerin turned around with a slight frown on her face.

"I want you to be there."

"I know I want to be there too, but your father hates me even if he thinks we don't hold romantic feelings toward each other anymore. I just feel like me being there would end up ruining your night." Haerin walked up to me getting on her tiptoes placing her forehead against mine. God I missed that.