twenty five

Haerin's POV

Minji is coming back tomorrow. I haven't seen her in person in probably about a year, however I do have the photo we took at her graduation on my dresser so I at least see her there everyday. Funny enough that is the only photo we have of just the two of us after all this time and I look absolutely terrible because I had just finished crying and my face was puffy, but Minji she looks absolutely beautiful in it. It is nothing new she always looks beautiful.

"Hey beautiful girl, did you get your gown and cap?" Leeseo wrapped her arm around my shoulder sitting down on the grass with Niki, Hyein, and I. Leeseo transferred to Ador at the beginning of the year and she really reminded me of my old self so I befriended her. She eventually joined the yearbook staff which I am now funnily enough over and she also joined the cheer squad which Hyein is now captain of.

"Yeah the cap is a little big and makes my ears look weird so I need to figure out that situation before graduation." Leeseo just pokes my cheek which was protruding from me pouting about my annoying ears.

"I love your ears, they are so cute!" I giggled a little bit. Leeseo is really affectionate and sweet so it took me a while to get used to it, but I pretty much am now. I look over towards Hyein who is raising a curious eyebrow at us with a slight frown on her face. Hyein has always been weary about Leeseo for some reason. She always somehow brings Minji up whenever Leeseo is around, I'm honestly surprised she hasn't yet.

"So Minji is coming back tomorrow." There it is. Niki just scoffed planting a kiss on my cheek getting up walking away. Niki has gotten less annoying and started acting more friendly over the past two years unless Minji is mentioned. No matter what it is about, her name alone will put him in a foul mood. I feel bad for him honestly. I'm playing him in a sense. I love Minji, I have for a long time and I've tried. I really have tried but I can't love him.

"Yeah I talked to her a couple days ago. I bought her a ticket for my graduation. Can you give it to her?" I reached in my bag grabbing the ticket trying to hand it to the younger girl, but she just shook her head.

"Give it to her yourself." I just rolled my eyes, smiling at her putting it back in my bag.

"What if I don't see her before graduation?" Hyein frowns, ticking her tongue.

"You don't plan on seeing her as soon as she gets back?" seriously? "I thought you loved her." Hyein was clearly playing with me from the small smirk that was forming on her face. I felt Leeseo remove her arm from my shoulder. Honestly I forgot she had it around me until now.

"I thought you and Minji were friends?" Leeseo asked, tilting her head.

"We are friends."

"Friends my ass. You guys are in love!" Hyein crossed her arms with a smirk still on her face leaning against the tree.

"Hyein language! I do love her, but we are friends." I turn to Leeseo trying to explain this to her.

"So you love in a friend type of way." Before I could respond Hyein opened her big mouth.

"No love as in she dreams of her every night and wants to have her babies."

"HYEIN SHUT UP!" oh my god. I immediately stood up brushing off my skirt and started gathering my belongings. Leeseo got up looking really confused and hurt? I don't know.

"I thought you were with Niki?" I sigh heavily, throwing my backpack around my shoulder glaring down at Hyein who was looking at me smugly.

"I am with him."

"It's more of an obligation we'll get rid of him eventually."

"Hyein one more word and I'll sew your mouth shut myself and I mean it." I glared at the girl who now looked scared. Good she better be.