thirty seven

Minji's POV

It's been a week since Haerin's court date and there are only a few more weeks left for summer break before we all go our separate ways. Well Hanni and I are going to the same place and Danielle is basically 2 hours away, but Hyein will stay here for her senior year and Haerin....I don't know what she is doing. She has been working though at the Marsh's coffee place again and that seems to keep her occupied with something.

"Where have you been?" I put my bag on the table next to the door kicking off my shoes looking at the younger pouting.

"Hanni, Chaewon, and I went out for dinner after work." The younger one pouted even more if that is possible, making me laugh. "It was just dinner Haerin." The pouting girl came up to me and dragged me to the kitchen where there were two plates laid out and a candle in the middle of the table with different foods as well. What the hell?

"I made us dinner." She rolled her eyes going to pick up the plates on the table to put them up. Oh my god. She made me dinner?

"Wait, wait, stop!" I grabbed her hand so she couldn't pick up anything else. "Why didn't you tell me? I wouldn't have gone out if I knew!" God she looks so upset. Haerin just sighed, setting the plate back down and plopping in a chair.

"I wanted to surprise you. You never go out after work so I figured it would be the same today." I nodded, sitting across from her and began putting the food she made on my plate. I'll be damned if I don't eat this after she spent her precious time making it for me. "What are you doing? You already ate." Haerin looked at me confused as I continued to fill my plate with food and fill the cup with water she had out.

"You made it for me so I'm going to eat it." I began scarfing down the food at a rapid pace making me choke. Haerin got up and physically removed the fork from my hand.

"You're going to get sick if you eat like that. Just eat it tomorrow idiot." After I finished chewing all the food in my mouth and swallowed it I gave her a big grin.

"I'll eat it all tomorrow I promise. There won't even be a crumb of food left." The younger girl just smacked my shoulder and began packing up the food into containers.

"You better." Haerin gave me a small smile as she blew out the candle that was on the table.

"I'm sorry I ruined your dinner." I frowned, taking the younger girl's hand pulling her into my lap.

"It's okay. It's probably terrible anyway. I'm not a very good cook." I try to think for a moment if I've ever seen her cook before, but not really I've only ever seen her fry an egg.

"I'm sure it was fine." Haerin just hummed, leaning her head against mine wrapping her arm around my shoulder. I have a clear view of her neck that was completely healed other than a faint white line stretching from just below her jaw to her collar bone that is barely noticeable unless you are close to her. I place a gentle kiss there so as not to startle her.

"No, I'm almost positive that it tastes terrible." I heard what she said, but I was too distracted by the slow rise of her chest and the way lips parted when she took a breath. She said something else, but I didn't hear her.

"I know something that tastes good."

"Huh?" I grabbed the back of Haerin's head pulling her down and connected our lips. We've been doing this a lot recently and I am not going to complain about it. Kissing Haerin might be my favorite thing to do on earth to be completely honest. Haerin shifted on my lap, throwing one of her legs over my waist completely straddling me. The younger girl removed her mouth from mine and began kissing my jaw and down my neck. She left a firm bite on my neck and began running her tongue over it to soothe it. Damn where did she learn to do that? After that she pulled away, giving me one last kiss on the forehead before completely getting off of me.