five

The week is Finally coming to a close. Only one more class then cheer. As I walk down the hallway all I can hear is stomping of feet, locker doors slamming, and the voices of my fellow students. I feel weird. I've felt weird all week, but especially today. I know why I just don't want to admit it. Kang Haerin, a sophomore girl in my math class. I don't know why I've been so obsessed with her recently. I've never really given her any thought before this week. I knew she existed, so why now?

"Is that Haerin with Niki?" I whip my head around to the direction Hanni was pointing at. I had to blink multiple times to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. Why in the world were those two talking? Niki is on the football team with Jake and Jay, he doesn't really seem like Haerin's type. Haerin definitely wouldn't go for the jock type. Wait, am I technically a jock?

"How do they even know each other?" I raise my voice a little bit and start walking faster to my next class.

"Woah there cowgirl they were just talking not getting it on in the hallway what's got your panties in a twist." Hanni huffs and she yanks me towards the side of the hallway out of everyone's way.

"I don't know it's just he doesn't really seem like her type and I was just confused." The shorter girl doesn't say a word for a couple seconds and just smirks at me. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Hanni laughs a little and looks back in the direction of Haerin and Niki, which causes my eyes to also wander there. Niki is standing way too close to her for my liking. What could he possibly be saying to her for that long.

"You're jealous." My eyes widen and snap back towards the shorter girl.

"I'm sorry what?"

"You're jealous that Niki is talking to Haerin." I'm not jealous. I just think he would be a bad influence on her, I would know all of Jake's friends are the same.

"I am not jealous." I whisper as I yank her in the direction of my classroom. All I can hear is Hanni's giggles as I drag her to my class.

"Minji I don't even take this class, why are you dragging me?" Hanni tries to put up a resistance, but I'm too strong for her. "KIM MINJI LET ME GO OR I'LL CALL DANI!" I finally let the other girl go and sigh.

"I think I like Haerin."

"I knew it!" Hanni jumps up a little bit and claps her hand.

"Knew what?" Hanni and I both turn our heads at the sound of a deep voice. Jake. Shit it's Friday.

"Um, I have to go. I'll see you tonight, MInji." Hanni quickly runs away before I could stop her. Dammit Pham Hanni. I look towards Jake and he is just staring at Hanni's figure running down the hallway. Jesus why is she so embarrassing.

"Is she okay? What were y'all talking about?" Come up with a lie Minji come on you can do it.

"Yeah um she's just on her period and needed a tampon." Boom. Perfect believable lie. Jake just hums in response. "Well I have to get to class before I'm late." I quickly begin to turn around to continue my path to math. I hear Jake call my name but I don't stop. I still don't have a response for him. I don't want to go with him but what other option do I have? I'm not gonna go with Jay. He is way too pushy and I can't really tolerate any other boy at school. If I could do whatever I wanted I would ask Haerin. I doubt she would want to go with me. I'm not even sure if she likes girls, let alone me. She probably doesn't want to go at all; she's never gone to any of the other dances or activities like that that I know of.

 As I finally reach my classroom right in front of it is Haerin and Niki still talking. Literally what could they still be talking about? As I walk in class Haerin looks up and gives me a smile. A smile. She just smiled at me. Has she ever smiled at me? I don't know. I don't care this is the best smile I have ever received. I froze for a second before I gave her a smile back and walked in the classroom.