thirty two

Minji's POV

The ride was quiet back besides Hyein's constant sniffles in the front seat. She blames herself. I know she does. I looked down at my lap and Haerin was asleep curling into my stomach. My heart sinks looking at the marks that bastard left all over Haerin's neck. It looks so painful with the dried up blood and fiery red marks everywhere. I knew I shouldn't have let her go without me. None of this would have happened if I was there.

"I'm so sorry." Hyein turned her head to the backseat as the tears continued to stream down her face. Hyein texted me basically as soon as she got to the party telling me to come. Thank God she did because if she wouldn't have I can't bear to imagine what could've happened to Haerin if I got there any later.

"It's not your fault Hyein you did good." I reached over the girl on my lap and patted Hyein's head. The young girl just nodded.

"I shouldn't have let her go alone."

"How were you supposed to know this would happen? You did nothing wrong." Hanni said as she continued to stare at the road in front of her. The atmosphere is so tense I'm just glad Haerin is able to get some rest. Hyein didn't say anything else for the rest of the ride. No one did.

After a few minutes Hanni finally reached my house putting the car in park. No one moved for a second trying to decide what to do next.

"Should we call the police?" Hanni turned her head around not meeting my eyes and looking at the girl still asleep in my lap.

"Let's wait until the morning. I want to get Haerin cleaned up and let her get some rest." Hanni just nods. Hyein immediately gets out of the car and basically runs into the house. I'm going to have to talk to her tomorrow.

"Do you think she needs to go to the hospital? Do you think he did anything else to her?" I cringe imagining what he could have done to her. I want to assume the best and since her shorts were still on that he didn't touch her down there.

"I don't know. I don't know what to do right now." I felt the tears start to brim in my eyes again. Keep it together Minji Haerin needs you right now.

"No one knows what to do when these things happen. Let's just get some rest tonight and decide in the morning. Do you want me to stay the night?" Hanni gets out of the car, opening the backseat door that I was at.

"Yeah you can stay in my room. I think I'll stay with Haerin tonight." I look down trying to decide the best way to get the sleepy girl upstairs. As I was trying to decide, the younger girl started to stir in my lap and eventually woke up looking up at me.

"Minji?" Her voice sounded so hoarse. She sounded so broken and sad. I reached my hand down touching her cheek. The younger girl flinched away from my touch causing my heart to break.

"C'mon let's go upstairs." I gently pulled Haerin up into a sitting position and she began shaking almost uncontrollably. I know she wasn't cold because it's one of the hottest nights of the year and she's wearing my sweatshirt.

"Minji get out so she can slide over." Hanni tugs on my sleeve and when I looked at her she looked worried. I have never seen her this worried. Nonetheless I listened to her and slid out of the car and looked at the back of the shaking girl that was just hunched over. My heart hurts seeing her like this.

"Baby slide over so I can help you out." The younger one didn't move. She didn't even seem like she heard what I said. I looked at Hanni and she just frowned. Instead of waiting for her I walked to the other side of the car opening and the first thing I saw was Haerin's dazed eyes. It was almost like she was sleeping with her eyes open. I reach out for her but she shakes her head backing away slightly. "Let me help you please." I reach my hand out again and this time Haerin takes it and I pull her out of the car. Hanni is already at the front door waiting with the door open so I wrap my arm around her waist causing her to wince in pain.