seventeen

"I Love You."

I felt my world stop when those three words left Haerin's mouth. The three words I have always been scared of. Never in a million years would I think I'd be standing here staring into Kang Haerin's beautiful cat eyes being told that she loves me. Hell I didn't even start talking to her till this year. These past few weeks we've been apart have been the worst weeks of my life.

I've spent them burying myself in school work, cheer, and college applications. Yet during all of that a certain someone has been constantly on my mind no matter what I was doing. I tried to convince myself to move on but by week 2 I gave up on that. I was perfectly okay with just pinning over her for the rest of my life as her and Niki grew old together.

Love. I do love Haerin. I think I've known that for a long time now. What is there not to love about her? She is beyond beautiful, words can't even describe how beautiful she is. Mostly her eyes and how you can never really truly know what she is thinking. I think that is a quality I like most about her, it makes her interesting. Though sometimes you can tell exactly what she is thinking when she lets her guard down which isn't very often. She also has the cutest cheeks. I haven't yet, but I would love to pinch them. Just once if she would let me. Her smile is breathtaking. She has cute little fangs that pop out if she smiles really big, which is rare, but when she does I feel like I can't breathe.

She's not only beautiful, but she's smart. Not just book smart, because she clearly is at the top of her class. She is so observant and skilled in many areas. The last time I was in her room and she went to the bathroom I alas did a little snooping to find out more about the mysterious girl. I knew she said she painted, but when I found some of hers I was left speechless. I had never seen paintings say so much without any words. I was almost moved to tears by a painting that was clearly about the disdain Haerin has for her father, but I didn't comment on it then. It didn't feel right.

"Minji?" Haerin rested her palm on my face trying to get my attention. I must've zoned out for a long time because of the current worrisome look on the younger girl's face.

"I'm sorry I was just thinking." I leaned into her palm trying to soak as much of her into me as I could. The younger girl's lip twitched a little upwards not too much though.

"You don't have to say it back. I just had to let you know how I feel. I couldn't keep it in anymore." OH!

"Oh fuck I love you too I'm sorry I thought I said it back!" Haerin immediately retracted her hand from my face and tumbled over in laughter. Jesus why did I have to blurt it out like that?

"Well what a wonderful confession I'll be sure to remember this till my last breath." The shorter girl reached up and gave me a chaste kiss on my cheek. I felt the heat rush up, surely causing a red tint on my face. We've kissed before but you can't blame me it's been weeks!

"I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to come out like that! I do love you Haerin, I think I love you more than anything I have ever loved before." It was the younger girl's turn to sport a bright red blush on her face. I felt my own lips turn up into a smirk at seeing her reaction to my words.

"Will you kiss me?" I couldn't even form words to respond to Haerin's questions so I just grabbed her face and crashed my lips into hers in a fiery passionate kiss. It was like the past weeks built up sadness, longing, and frustration were just pouring out into the kiss from the both of us. Haerin slid her hands upwards and into my hair lightly tugging it causing a moan to slip from my lips. I felt her lips turn into a smile causing me to kiss her harder than I already was. I know this kiss probably should have been sweet and loving, but clearly we both needed more. I break away from the kiss and make my way over to my bed leaning against the headboard hoping Haerin would follow, but she didn't. She stood there with her hair still damp and messy from the rain and light pink tint on her face.