~1~

Authors pov

Authors pov

The mornings in Hriday nagari started with the melodious voice of the princess. She was worshiping at the royal temples. Her melodious voice was the first thing the king heard when he woke up. It was the daily routine.
"The princess is arriving!" The announcer announced and a few seconds later the king got a glimpse of his beloved daughter. She came straight to him with aarti. She touched her parent's feet.
"Good morning papa" she beamed at his father. Whose heart was full just by looking at her.
"Good morning dear, go get ready. The royal court is about to be conducted or you will be late" she widened her eyes as she again forgot that the royal court was conducted every Friday. She wished her parents one last time before running to her room to get ready.
People often asked the king, why he let his daughter attend the royal court when no woman ever was a part of this meeting held every Friday. But the king knew, princess nayani was his only daughter and the heiress of this kingdom.
No matter who says anything. He never doubted his daughter's abilities to rule the kingdom. He has trained her to be the future queen of hriday nagari. And he is proud of how he has raised his daughter.
Even princess nayani herself is unaware of what his father is thinking of doing. But she won't deny her father's orders. And the king is well aware of that.
The king was in his thoughts when a voice brought him out of his daydream.
"Are you fine, maharaj?" The minister's voice spoke.
He cleared his throat.
"Yes, what is it?" The king asked regaining his composure. As a king, he has to act tough, immovable, and untouchable. All these years of ruling have helped him master the art of hiding emotions behind a mask.
"Maharaj, king Jeon from South Korea is about to arrive within two days, the information we've got from his informers is that they have taken some rest before passing the forests. They will soon start their journey towards the palace"
He spoke as if he was a robot giving information.
The king nods feeling happy to finally know about his friend's whereabouts.
"Okay, send them a letter saying I am waiting for their arrival and if they need anything they can ask us"
"As you say, maharaj"
The minister bows before leaving.
----------- inside princess' room---------------

"Rajkumari, I swear to lord Krishna if you won't stop splashing water at me then I will- I will push you inside water" the princess's best friend Anushka said

(It will be hard to call her princess every time so I will call her nayani only)
Nayani rolled her eyes at her Bestfriends whining.
"Come on it's just some water"
"Whatever, and have you heard about the king of Korea coming to India to meet maharaj?" Anushka inquired.
"Huh? No, I don't know, maybe in today's royal court they are going to tell me?"
"Maybe, but have you thought how you are the only female who is allowed in the royal court?"
"Yes I have, I don't know the reason behind it. But I know that pitaji wants me to attend the royal court so I do"
Anushka hums in response.
A thought crosses her mind making her squeal and shake nayani excitedly.
"NAYANI!!?!"
"WHAT?!??" nayani asks annoyed by her Bestfriends behavior.
"Today is Friday, which means we can go hunting later"
A wide smile made its way to nayani's lips.
Being the royal princess she isn't allowed to go to the forest often. But her love for hunting is what made her father allow her to go out.
She doesn't love hunting in real. She hates it when an animal is killed by humans just to show off power over an innocent animal. It is her way to go out. Being in the palace makes her feel like she is living in prison. She needs air. And by going hunting she gets the opportunity to roam around the forest and soak in the beauty of nature. She loves nature.
Soon after getting ready she went to attend the royal court.

She was on the way to the royal court when she met her bodyguard

She was on the way to the royal court when she met her bodyguard. He was more like a brother to her.
"Pratap Bhaiya what are you doing here?"
He raised an eyebrow at her as if she'd asked the dumbest question.
"Am I not your bodyguard? Where else am I supposed to be if not here?"
She laughs at his reply.
"What I mean is I am in the palace you don't have to protect me here"
"I know but I don't feel right to leave you to walk alone. And where is your friend today? Isn't she supposed to be with you?" A teasing smile formed on nayani's lips.
"Why are you suddenly interested in my Bestfriends whereabouts?"
"I-its not like that. I was asking because I felt bad that you had to walk alone"
"It's okay hehe, her father needed her so she went to help him "
They chit-chatted like that until the royal court arrived.
They both entered. As he was also supposed to be here.
"The enemy kingdom is supposed to give up first. We are not quitters. If they want a war, then war is what they will get"
One of the higher ministers said. Nayani didn't like this one bit and her face said everything. Her father noticed her discomfort and thought to ask what she thought about this matter.
"Rajkumari what do you have to say about this?"
She looked at her father and then slowly stood up to respect the court and then spoke
"The birai kingdom wants a fight, and they are trying to provoke us so that we will start a war, and then they can play innocent. The less population of this kingdom is proof of how they don't even care about their own
People. If we give them a war it will cost us a lot. We all are aware of that. So I think we should be calm and find a way to solve this problem." She bowed after speaking and sat in her place.
The king and the ministers present there were surprised. They surely knew it was all being done to provoke them but still the anger took over their minds and their ability to reasonable thinking decreased.
"So, do you all agree with what Rajkumari has said?" The king asked.
Everyone had agreed to her.
The king didn't show it. But the father behind that mask was proud of his daughter.

 But the father behind that mask was proud of his daughter

Thank you so much for reading my story!!!! I don't know when will I be able to update the next part but it will be soon!

I don't know when will I be able to update the next part but it will be soon!