~19~

Jungkook's pov

Jungkook's pov

The arrangements of hyungs wedding have started. The whole palace was lit up with what were called diyas. They were filled with oil. The light emitted by them was enough to shine every corner.
I was staring at the decorations when a maid approached me.
"Prince, princess nayani is calling you" she said while looking down.
"Okay i am coming" i replied and she left before bowing. I bowed back.
Why was nayani calling me? Is it- no no no! I think alot maybe more than usual and that's what makes me worried. Not letting any thought come in my mind i head towards nayani's room.
Entering her room i saw her sitting on the bed while playing with her hairs. She seemed to be in deep thoughts.
"You called me?" I asked. Everyone was busy in the preparation and it can be the reason why there was no announcer outside.
She got startled and came out of her imagination.
"Oh jungkook! Yes i did! Actually you remember the bet we made?" I frowned. What bet? Maybe she saw the confusion on my face as she spoke up.
"The one we made when we were doing the sword fight remember?" As she said that the scenes of that day played in my head like a play. How can I forget it? That day still sends tingles to my skin as i remember the events. And now i remember her bet or promise....partner....Sangeet....dance.
"Yeah i remember! What about it?" I asked as i looked at her. She hurriedly covers the distance between us and takes my hand before dragging me inside. She makes me sit.
"Okay so listen! In Sangeet we are supposed to do the best dance! Okay?" She said.
"Will we be rewarded?" I asked.
She shook her head. "No?" She said confused.
"Then why are you enthusiastic about it?" It was genuine question as i didn't know anything about these rituals. And just dance performances can't be something people spent a whole night awake for. Or was it?
"Because it's the night we enjoy!!!! We are together and we can do whatever we want and dance however we want. Also we get praising aswell" she said. She wanted to be praised.
" I can praise you aswell" i said while smiling.
"Not you! The elders and the relatives who will be there to see our performance"
'our' it did something to me. But she didn't seem to mind it at all and she continued.
"Okay so let's choose a song and then we can dance" she said.
"But.....how? We don't have a music player.
She points at a specific corner of her room. I look at the direction to see a gramophone?
She has it? I look back at her with questioning look but she just shrugged.
Okay let's see which song we will be dancing to....
Soon enough she chooses the song and then rushes back to me. I don't know this song but i am well aware that it is an Indian song.
"What song is this?" I asked her who was busy shifting some things from middle to side to make room for us.
"It's called dil. And now come stand here we are supposed to practice. The Sangeet is tomorrow and i don't want to mess up okay?" I nodded. I need to control myself so i won't endup doing the same stupid thing i did that night. I went and stood up infront of her. She looked at me. And then says.
"See? I will stand infront of you and you will be behind me"
I nodded at her instructions and i was able to do many steps easily matching her same energy. it was not really difficult. This song was great and I wondered what it meant.
So i decided to ask nayani.
"Nayani? What does this song mean?" I know Hindi but not enough to understand this.
"It is sort of like......just like a heat beats? You will beat instead of my heart in my chest" she said. The last sentence caught me off guard. For a second i thought she'd said this to me. But i wasn't really lucky enough for that. I shook my head and then asked her.
" Are we done?" She was sitting on the bed breathing heavily due to multiple practices she'd insisted on doing as she wanted it to be perfect.
"Yeah! We will practice it tomorrow again and then we are done" it made my eyes widen. What? Again? But i didn't find it in myself to be whining or anything as being with her was something i never regret. Infact she is someone i rather be with instead of anyone.
"What are you wearing for the Sangeet?" She asked me between her heavy breaths.
And i don't know the answer.
"Do we have to wear something traditional?" I asked. I seriously needed to know what was going to happen.
"Yess...but not Korean..instead Indian!!" She said making me more confused than i already was.
"I don't have any Indian attires. What am I supposed to do?" I told her.
We can go to shopping you know.." she said looking up at me. She was smiling.
"In the market?"
"Where else?" She said. And then the scene of what happened last time we went to market flashed infront of me. How.....our lips touched. I looked down at her and saw her drinking water. After she was done she kept the glass aside. But the remaining water on her upper lips and lower lips stayed still. And she was not wiping it either. Out of human instincts my hand reached to her lips and slowly wiped the excess of water which was there.
She looked at me with those eyes. If it wasn't for her eyes i would have rushed out of this room. But they held me captive. And i just stared and stared and stared.....
"Nayani!!!!" A loud voice came from the door making me startled and our little staring contest came to an end.
"I will l-leave now " i told her. She nodded and i didn't wasted anytime and rushed out of their. Being there another minute could've been dangerous.
I took a deep breath and then started walking out of the main area where chambers were located. There was still plenty of time for the sun to set and i thought of going out.
To take some fresh air.
I came to market to look at the different decorations.
It was like the whole nagari was celebrating this as a festival.

Thankyou so much for reading my story!!!~sofia

~sofia.