~7~

(Please listen to the song I've put above. It's for better experience ☺️)

Jungkook's pov
I opened my eyes to look out of the large window. The clear view of the beautiful night sky and the moon made me calm. I was trying to sleep but my thoughts were not letting me sleep. It's not new but it gives me hard time sleeping.
I slowly got up and walked towards the window. It was the time of the year when you would feel chills at night but they were soothing in its own way. A chilled breeze of air touched my skin and i closed my eyes feeling myself calm down under the beauty of nature.
I opened my eyes and looked around. My eyes wandered and stopped at a specific figure. It was nayani walking in the open area outside the chambers. Her chamber was next to mine so it was obvious that i could see her walk in the porch. But what was she doing there alone?
I couldn't help the unsettling feeling inside me. So i decided to go to her and ask her.
I walked towards her with slow and mute steps to not scare her.
"Nayani?" I called out as her back was facing me.
She turned around getting startled by the sudden voice.
"Uh...what are you doing here?" She asked.
"I was not able to sleep so i was standing by the window....what are you doing here?"
She passed me a small smile and looked at the moon before saying
"I couldn't sleep either".
She was still looking at the moon. But my eyes never left her. The view infront me was so captivating i couldn't help but stare.
"The moon looks beautiful tonight right?"
"Yess" i replied. I didn't even spared a glance at the moon.
"You didn't even looked at it" now she was facing me.
"Your eyes...they shine brighter then the moon"
I could see her cheeks turn red under the moonlight.
"Huh?" I looked away finally looking at the moon.
"You were right, the moon looks beautiful tonight"
"You are weird" i chuckled.
"Lets walk around?" I asked her. She nodded. And we both started walking. The slow sounds of insects was like a melody they sang. She spoke again and i looked at her.
"You know i have never been to korea. But i have surely read some books about the culture and all. And i can tell you i already love it. And your traditional dress? The hanbok! I want to see you wear it. Do you have it with you?" She looked so curious. Her eyes....i looked away. I can look at the burning sun for once but her eyes? No!
"I do have it with me. Do you want me to wear it?'
"You will wear it? Why did you brought it?"
I shrugged.
"I don't know we are royals so it can be needed anytime."
"Hmm..i understand"
We continued walking for some seconds when she spoke again.
"You know i love reading and writing poetries. And my brother he also loves writing some lines. Once he came to me and said that he had a line he wanted to tell me. I got really curious over what can it be and then he said the most beautiful line I've heard.
"Me hun suna sa ek asmaan mehtab tu"
It means that i am a deserted sky while you are the moonlight. And the way he stared behind me while saying that line made me smile you know why?"
"Why?"
"Because my bestfriend? She was sitting behind me on the chair while i was on the study desk writing some poems."
I looked at her she had a smile of admiration for her friends relationship.
"You are so happy that someone said that to your friend. But don't you want someone to say that to you?" She looked at me as if i had asked something wrong.
"I did..but who will say such things to me? I love all those poems i write. But i didn't realise when all my poems started to scream how lonely i was. I would always end up writing how between millions of stars the moon was still lonely. I am not saying i don't have someone with me. I do, but it's different when you get the affection from someone special" the small smile never left her lips. It didn't matched the sadness her words carried.
"I must be boring you with my blabbering. I am sorry i just can't shut up infront of people" she chuckled completing her sentence. I frowned.
"What makes you think i am getting bored listening to you?"
"You aren't?"
"I like listening to people, music, poems, stories and you" she looked at me. Her eyes still shining brighter than the moon.
She laughed. Her laugh....i never thought someone's laugh can do things to me.
But here she was...doing every possible thing to me i had never felt.
"Silly, i came in people. You didn't had to add me seperately"
"I had to. You are not people nayani, you are you" her eyes locked with mine. Something flashed in those ocean orbs but it was gone before i could see. I didn't looked away this time. Letting my own eyes soak the beauty infront of me. I could comprehend if it was the moonlight or her eyes were actually shining this bright.
She smiled. She knew she was staring but it didn't stopped her.
"Nayani?"
"Hmm.." we were still staring at eachother.
"Should we walk?"
"Huh?"
"Should we continue our walk?" She finally blinked.
"Uh..yes, l-lets walk"
"What do you like in poetries?"
"I like how they are the best way to express your feelings. We can use many examples to tell how we feel. And they are so romantic"
"Do you like romance?" She was looking straight.
"Yes..i do like romance." I smiled yet again. I don't think I've smiled this much in a day.
"I told you so much about me. But i never asked you. Tell me! What do you like?"
I was surprised at her question. Noone has ever asked my likes or dislikes to be honest.
"I like singing" she looks at me like a kid excited to get her favourite candy.
"Then can you sing something for me?"
"Uh...i..." She held my hand. I looked at our hands where she gripped my hand tightly.
"Please please please" she said and i sighed in defeat. She makes me happy. This is the least i can do.
"Uh okay" i took a deep breath and started singing.
"Wait wait wait" i looked at her confused.
"Uh...someone might hear us here.
Lets go to my room. I even have some instruments. You can use them too" i nodded at her excited state and we both walked to her room.
I entered her room.
She went to one corner and from a big box she took our a sitar.
"This is my favourite. Do you know how to play it?"
"I do actually. My eomma? She worked in India before. So she is deeply attached to Indian culture. She learned how to play sitar and then taught me aswell" she was surprised. A wide smile made its way to my lips as to how i made her suprised. It made me feel proud.
I took the sitar from her and then started singing one of my fav song.

As the song started slow rain started pouring outside while i kept my eyes closed feeling the depth of every word i sang.

Thankyou for reading my story.
~sofia.

,