~21~

Nayani's pov

Nayani's pov

Here i was walking on the streets with Jeon jungkook. How unfair it is that the person i love is right beside me and i can't even call him mine? I can simply just tell him that i like him. But i am such a coward. I don't have that courage in me to face a rejection. And hence here i am keeping quiet so i don't blurt something out which can make me regret my birth.
"Hey! Lets go to that shop. It has some nice clothing collection" i said and went there. Jungkook too nodded and then came after me.
"Isn't this beautiful?" I asked jungkook showing him a black kurta. I specifically asked the shopkeeper for black clothes. He will look so elegant in it.
"It is beautiful. And black is my favourite colour too" my eyes lit up at his remark. And it gave me more courage to choose a black attire for him.
"How about this?" I asked him. This one had a little work of gold on it. He looked at it from top to bottom and then slowly nodded. But i could tell that he wasn't satisfied. So i told the shopkeeper to show us something different.
"You could've asked anybody to buy dresses for you rajkumari. You are required in the Mahal" Pratap Bhaiya spoke from behind.
"I know but i wanted to do this myself. It is my first time seeing jungkook in Indian attire so i didn't want to miss any chance" i told him. "Also i am supposed to wear something western in the evening after Sangeet. A foreign trader is coming in a few hours for us to select dresses. So i am not really needed there right now" i said. And then concentrated on the task i had taken in my hands.
My eyes went to a certain Kurta shining from the corner of the huge pile of clothes we'd asked the shopkeeper to take out. Or just me. Jungkook insisted on buying the one from the ones which were already out. But i told him to shut up and sit down. He had to do what i said.
Taking that kurta out i asked jungkook about it. He was already so tired and bored he said yes without even looking at it. I shook him and he stood straight and looked at me with his full attention on me.
"Now tell me how is this one?" He looked at it and his eyes shined. I smiled.
"This is so good. No! This is the best! I will buy this one!" He said enthusiastically. And i was finally done with the task and most importantly satisfied with it.
We went to the palace straight as we had work there. Reaching the palace i started walking to my room with jungkook following me.
I thought he wanted to go to his room as well that's why he was walking with me. But when i entered my room he followed me there aswell.
He cleared his throat trying to gain my attention.
"What happened?" I asked him.
"Huh...yesterday i went to have a walk outside the palace and i found this....."
There was a pair of anklets dangling infront of my eyes. They were shining so bright that made me smile.
"Wow......" I said as that was the only thing i could make out. He cleared his throat again to not get nervous and then continued.
"I saw this and it reminded me of......you. so i buyed it. Because what will they do if not be with the rightful owner?" He said smiling and then his smile turned into frown when he didn't got any reply from me. I loved it but the emotions inside me were consuming me like the darkness.
"You didn't like it?" He asked making me come out of my thoughts which didn't seem to end anytime soon.
"Huh? No! I loved it! I loved it so much" i smiled finally making him let out a breath of relief.
"You scared me for a second" he said. And i just laughed awkwardly not knowing what to say.
I reached for his hand to take the anklets from his hand when he backed a little. I frowned.
"What are you doing?" He shook his head.
"Let me make you wear this" he said smiling. My heart fluttered at the thought.
I just nodded not knowing what to say.
He took my hand and took me to the bed.
He made me sit down and then himself sat on one knee.
My heart was beating at an abnormal speed and i couldn't help but think that's exactly how he will look when he will propose me.
He then took my one leg and adjusted it on his thighs.
Goosebumps. That was all i felt.
He looked up at me and then smiled.
Concentrating again on his work he made me wear one and then took my other leg keeping it in the same position.
And me made me wear the other one aswell when his thumb brushed the area above the anklets making me slightly shiver.
He didn't looked up but he smirked getting a reaction out of me.
He then put my leg down as delicately as a handmade vase he'd just made.
He got up.
"Now they are with the rightful owner isn't it?" He said.
I just stared at him.
"I should leave now there are some things i need to take care of" he said and i just again stared at him.
"Nayani!" He said with slightly raised voice to gain my attention.
"Huh? Yes? " I said coming out of whatever magic he'd put me in.
"I am leaving" he said again.
"Oh okay" i said smiling a little. He nodded and then went out. As soon as he went out i put my legs on the bed and slowly traced the anklets with my hands.
Slightly giggling at the thought that he brought them for me.
"Nayani!!!! Lets get ready" anushka rushed to me and said. I hid my legs under my lehenga to hide them. I don't know why i did that.
And then we both went to get ready for the Sangeet where me and jungkook will dance together. Another giggle left me at that thought.

Thankyou so much for reading my story!!??~sofia

~sofia.