~27~

Jungkook's pov

I walked out of the castle with the map in my hands. We'd reached Busan two days ago and the kings arrival was celebrated along with the crowning of my brother. He is the king now.
But the question is..for how long??
I chuckle as i eye the map in my hands.
Walking in the direction of the woods i make sure noone has seen me. Even though there's been a strict security around the palace but what can possibly be difficult for a man on a mission?
And when this mission means playing with my own life? I have to be extra careful.
Walking at a high pace so i can escape in the woods before anyone can see me.
As soon as I arrive in the woods i let myself breathe normally. I search for something in my pocket and smile as i find it.
It was a small sculpture of the Hindu god Krishna. It was given to me by nayani. She told me to look at it whenever i feel anxious or sad. It truly is calming. And more calming as it reminds me of nayani.
"I am sorry love for whatever i am going to do...but i swear it's for our own good.." sighing i keep it inside my pocket and start walking towards the forest.
The howling sounds of animals, the chirping of birds and the crack of dried leaves beneath my feets are the sounds i can hear. I hear the shallow breath and more cracking of woods from behind me. I come in action mode as i look behind. There was noone. I start walking again but not for too long. As i take one more step towards the forest an arrow comes flying in my direction. But i am fast enough to dodge it.
"You don't have to fight me! I am here to help!" I shout. A man with few others comes out of the big woods which were able to hide them.
"What help?" One man asks.
"I know what you are here for! I know what you are looking for!" I tell them.
They look at each other and then turn to me. Still suspicious of me.
I take out the map and show them.
"This is the map of our region and i am here to tell you that I want to help you take over Busan along with me. But i have one condition.
They again look at eachother but this time nods at me
"Okay...let's go to our base and listen to you. But if you try to show any smartness then it will be the last day of your life, get it?" They tried to threaten me. It made me laugh.
"Life is of a soul....i am soulless hence i don't live"
They looked at me as for a few seconds before dismissing whatever thoughts they had.
"Just come with us then" one of them said.
I nodded and started walking with them. After a few minutes of walking inside the forest we entered the base where they all lived with their family.
"Master! We have someone with us today..!"
As they said, an old man came out of the house. He looked at me with widened eyes.
"You?" He asked.
"Annyonghaseyo jungkook imnida" i introduced myself.
He sighs and nods before asking me to come inside.
We sit across eachother as he looks at me expectantly.
"So what are you here for?" He asks.
I take the map out and spreads it between us on the table.
"This is the map of Busan and this is the map of the palace with each secret passage and door given" i explain it to him.
After listening to me he says
"What do you want me to do with this information young man?" He raised an eyebrow. I chuckle.
"Sir..i know your motive to take over the Busan alliance as soon as you can. I even know you tried to attack on the palace a few times when the king was out. You failed...but with this plan of mine? I am sure you will succeed." I drink from the glass kept on the table. Served a few minutes ago to me.
"....okay...but aren't you a prince? Aren't you supposed to save your region from getting attacked?" A scoff comes out of me.
"You really think? I know what the king is upto. And i am not a fool either.. so if you really want to make sure you get successful in your plan? Join hands with me"
He looks at me as his lips form a thin line and he tries to think of the consequences.
There are none.
"But the king is not the king anymore" he says.
I nod as a reply.
"But the new king is not the one ruling. We all know that. Even though the king has left the throne it is still his decisions which are being followed."
"You are right but-" before he could say something more i cut him off.
"Don't think hard on this. I have the information you want for your plan to work." He nods understanding that i am right. i have to leave too. Because i cant be out of the palace for too long. Someone will definately know i am missing.
"But what will you get by helping us taking over the whole alliance?" He asks curiously.
"I'll be the king" i say. And i know he can't Deny that. I might be the younger son who has been neglected his whole life but that only gave me the chances and ease to grow as who i am. Someone i am more than proud of. I have nothing against my brother. And i am just trying to take what has always been mine but was snatched away from me.
He nods yet again. Finally making sure he is on this plan with me i sigh. And realise i have to reach the palace aswell.
I get up. But deep down i wanted to make sure he was actually joining hands with me.
"I will say this meeting with you was successful. What do you say?" I extend my hand for him to shake as the sign of our treaty.
He stares at my hand for a few seconds but finally shakes it.
I smile at him.
"I'll make sure you won't regret your decision "
I walk out of the house and in the woods to go back to the palace.
The path was easy but getting inside the palace won't be. But i am aware of the secret paths of the palace with are one-way. And most of them leads to the corridor nearest to my room. Which is a good thing. Taking the one which will open closest to my room.
Reaching the corridor i am walking towards my room when a sudden voice stops me.
"Jungkook..?" It's my brother or the new king. Anything you call.
"Yes king?" I turn around to bow to him.
"Ah..no need to be formal here. What are you doing here? Where have you been?" He asks me.
"I was out for taking some fresh air"
"In the forest?" My eyes shot up to meet his eyes.
"Well...i saw you walking inside the woods..and coming back from the secret door aswell "
"Ahh..yes..i just wanted to be in nature you know?" He nods.
"Oh it's fine...but make sure to inform me before leaving...it's not safe"
I nod at him.
"I will" i smile at him and then walk back to my room.
"I won't..."

Thankyou for reading my story!!!!
Sofia.