~9~

Nayani's pov

Nayani's pov

The evenings were the time most of the people went to market making it crowded.
I tapped on jungkook's shoulder slightly taking his attention.
He looks at me. And bends to my level to hear me better.
"I think we should hold eachother's hands. There is too much crowd" i say loudly for him to hear. It was very loud making it impossible for him to hear me.
I didn't brought anyone with me as hriday nagari was considered one of the safest regions of Bharat. The count of crimes was almost zero so i was mostly free to not take any guards.
I am not allowed to go out but when i said that i was with jungkook they agreed. It surprised me too but not much when they said i had to take Pratap Bhaiya with me.
My mind worked at its maximum and i finally decided to take anushka with me to distract Pratap Bhaiya. I wanted to spend time alone with him. So, i had to do it.
Intertwining our hands we started walking towards the shops. The markets were decorated beautifully.
I tried not to feel anything about our hands intertwined together. But the feeling in my stomach said something else.
I blame it on never getting to interact with boys since childhood. But still I wondered if he also felt something.
I saw him glancing at our hands a few times but i don't know why he was doing it. Was he uncomfortable?
I again tapped on his shoulder to ask if he was okay with us holding hands.
He looked at me and then came closer to me.
"Uh..If you are not okay with us holding hands it's okay. We can just walk while keeping an eye on eachother" he turned his face towards me in a snap and my heart stopped.
His ears were right infront of my lips when he bent to listen to me better. So, when he turned to face me his lips came in contact with mine. They weren't touching much. Just the tips. Just a mere contact.
His eyes travelled down to our lips and then to my eyes. Our eyes locked and we didn't move. Not even a little. We stayed there staring into eachother's soul and caressing eachother's lips.
I don't know what it was but it felt beautiful.
I was supposed to freak out at the thought of us kissing but i strangely didn't. Reason..his eyes. They made me calm. I was able to stare at my reflection in his eyes.
I read that 'if you are able to see your reflection in someone's eyes then they are a pure soul' . I am well aware that you can see reflection in anyone's eyes. But....he indeed was a pure soul.
Before we could process anything and back off someone walked past us slightly bumping into us making us move. When our lips came in contact completely our eyes widen and we stepped back.
I knew my cheeks were heated and red right now and my rose tint didn't help it either.
I looked at him to see him staring at anything but me.
"I....." I trailed off
"LELO LELO GAJRE LELO" the vendor shouted.
(Take it! Take the garlands)
A smile made its way to my face seeing my favourite thing being sell. I wanted to buy the gajra and i also wanted to escape this awkward situation. So i held his hands and dragged him with me.
"Where are we going?" He shouted from behind me.
"To buy gajra!"
"Huh? What?"
"I will show you come with me first"
We reached the vendor. He had a basket in which he kept all the gajras. I buyed one from him
"Uncle yeh kitne me diye?" I asked the vendor
(How much is this uncle?)
"20 rupay beta" i buyed it. He was packing it for me but i thought that it will take time to reach the Mahal. So i asked him to give it like that.
"Will you help me wear it?"
He looked at me and says
"But i don't know how to wear it"
"Just attach it with the hair pin in my hairs"
"Uh okay i will try"
After some struggle he was finally able to make me wear the gajra.
"You look gorgeous " he whispered.
There was no way i should've heard it. Not when it was impossible. Not when there was so much noise. Not when he was looking at me that way. But i did.
I looked down feeling shy.
"Thankyou" i replied.
"Lets go ?" He asked. I nodded and there we were again walking with hands in hand.
He looked at all the pottery's. He buyed some for his eomma. Something for his brother and some for his mother. He said his father didn't liked gifts. But where was his?
He never buyed anything for himself.
We reached a shop where they were selling Indian hand carved daggers. I saw his eyes shine as soon as he saw one of the daggers kept in the front to attract customers.
I looked in the direction he was looking to see the one dagger which shined brighter than the others.