~18~

Nayani's pov

Nayani's pov

You seem to be the dry leaf
I always wondered about
Why it had to leave the tree
And wander around.
It was just a mere thought i had
Looking at you made it real bad.
You made my heart full
And shattered it after...
All the lights of my life
Are now just dull.
Poetries are a way of letting your thoughts out. And i was doing the same. Writing them and then letting people read it. Noone knows that they were how i always said things that i can't really tell anyone. It was a best way to let your thoughts out without disturbing anyone.
I was in my own thoughts when the announcers voice came making me flinch
"Prince jungkook is arriving!" My eyes widen at his words. What was he doing here? My heartbeat increased at the various possible reasons of his unannounced arrival. Not when we were so awkward with each other.
"Nayani?" Jungkook's voice sent a shiver down my spine. The intensity of his voice told me to get up from my place and move towards him.
"Y-yes?" I couldn't help the stutter. I was nervous, embarrassed and....hurt. still i couldn't let the anger out on him as he also had done nothing wrong.
"Are we okay?" He asked.
"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked confused as to what he meant by we.
"I mean....." He trailed off as he stared at me. His face was blank but his eyes speaking words no tongue can give justice to." Are you mad?" He asked. I looked at him. His expressions were pained.
"Why will i?" I said. Because really, there was no reason for me to be mad. No reason for me to be hurt either but this stupid heart of mine won't listen.
"Because of what happened two days ago?" He asked and before i could speak he continued.
"See....i know i have done a mistake and you have every right to say that you are mad at me and even you have all rights to say that you don't want to see my face anymore as i have done something worth hearing that. But nayani believe me this....this distance, not being able to laugh with you and not being able to listen to your laugh it is affecting me. In ways nothing has ever had. My heart keeps telling me that i am loosing something worth keeping. Infact worth protecting. And why not? You are the reason it has been alive now...." He chuckled. " It was dead before you know.....you told me what a true friend looks like and you are the reason i believe in soulmates." He sighed heavily as if all that he'd been keeping from two days was a burden and now that he has said it he was feeling lighter. " Nayani....i don't know if you want to forgive me or not. I don't know if you want to be friends with me anymore or not but all i know is....you are going to have the impact on my life and you are going to be the best part of my life " he completed. And i know i am crying. The weight of his words was alot and i can't form words about how i feel right now. It's like someone has ripped open my heart but- but filled it with flowers and sewed it again. Intention to make me feel beautiful but it hurts.
"Jung-kook.....you know you have long life ahead and you will meet more amazing people in life to keep me on top" i said. I know this was not where the conversation should go but it still was something i wanted to say. Something i am curious about. Something whose answer i want to know.
He chuckles again but the sadness in it can't be ignored. His eyes have tears and one slips out of his left eye which he harshly wipes away.
"I want you to know that no matter whoever comes or leaves me but you are going to be the best friend ive ever had and the best human i have came across. Also i have no intention of leaving you any day. Not now and not ever". His voice is filled with determination.
"I am in no position to be mad at you or forgive you. You did nothing wrong okay? Also if you really want than i want to tell you that i am not mad at you not that i ever was. And.......you are that friend to me who i will never be able to forget and i will always want but in a way i don't think i am having " his smile was brighter than the sun shining outside.i don't know if he ignored the last part intentionally or couldn't focus on because of his happiness but i was glad he did. What was i even thinking saying that to him? I don't want my heart to be broken and i am going to tell anushka that we don't have to continue with the plan as-
"Thankyou nayani!!!!!you are the best you know? And i promise you this thing will never come in between our friendship and we are going to be friends like this forever no matter what happens. Will you promise me the same?" He asked with his smile which always reminds me of a cute bunny.
His scrunched nose with those white shining teeth made him look cute as hell.
I chuckled.
"Promise" we joined our pinkies together and then laughed.
"So.....?" He asked. I looked at him.
"So?" I too asked as i was too happy that we were good now. And my brain was not working still processing the happiness.
"Who was that guy? I saw in your room day before yesterday?" He asked and it didn't took me time to realise he was talking about abhi.
"He was my childhood friend." I said. Not giving much as their was nothing to give really.
He nodded. But his face said whatever he was thinking.
Jealousy....it was what i saw on his face. But he can be jealous of his friends other friend aswell right? Like i get when i see anushka with other friends?
Whatever it was but it made me drop my idea of telling anushka to not continue the plan.

  But he can be jealous of his friends other friend aswell right? Like i get when i see anushka with other friends?Whatever it was but it made me drop my idea of telling anushka to not continue the plan

Thankyou so much for reading my story!!!!!~sofia

~sofia.