Chapter 6: Jealousy

Half an hour later, an inconspicuous gray hovercar quietly drove into the Duke Carlos' Mansion without anyone noticing.

The silver-haired man bent down from the car and looked up to reveal a handsome and slightly feminine face.

The housekeeper Anderson had already received the news and was waiting here, although the silver-haired man in front of him was only from a civilian background and looked polite, but Anderson knew that he was not simple and would not despise him like ordinary people.

Anderson said respectfully: "Hello, His Excellency the Duke is waiting for you in the study."

Wen Yan hooked the corners of his lips, his black phoenix eyes were always covered with a faint smile, and he bowed his head: "There is labor."

Anderson nodded and turned to lead the way from the front.

They walked through a long corridor flanked by beautiful statues to a heavy solid wood door, which Anderson opened, bowed down and said, "Please come in."

Wen Yan walked in, and the door slowly closed behind him.

Carlos' study was wide, with a thick carpet on the floor, and facing the door was a wall-to-ceiling bookcase with books of various editions arranged in a staggered manner. After coming to the interstellar age, human beings have long abandoned the ancient way of reading, and gradually paper books have become a luxury.

This whole wall of bookcases and books makes the whole room look retro and luxurious.

Carlos' short brown hair was meticulously combed back to the back of his head, revealing an elegant and deep face, sitting on the sofa with his hands clasped together, looking up in the direction of the door.

Wen Yan also looked at Carlos, his eyes narrowed slightly.

In the previous life, it was this person who betrayed Ji Ling again and again, and finally killed him with his own hands.

In this life, what kind of mind do you have to make such a move? Is it really for the sake of an alliance with Grand Duke Ji Ting, as outsiders say?

Wen Yan's mind turned a thousand times, but he couldn't see the slightest on his face. He has discovered Carlos' abnormality, but Carlos does not know his own, because until this moment - he has not done anything out of the ordinary from the previous life.

The enemy is in the light and in the dark, which is his biggest advantage against Carlos.

Wen Yan showed a slightly unhappy look, frowned and said: "I came back from running errands in other star fields yesterday and accidentally heard a lot of interesting news, and these news were not within our previous agreement.

Carlos raised his thin lips slightly, and said lightly: "I remember the content of the agreement between us, only to assist you to become the next speaker, and nothing else."

Wen Yan said, "Having said that, you help me just because you hope that I can help you deal with Your Majesty as a civilian speaker, and we should all be more low-key before that, shouldn't we?" Your doing so will only alert His Majesty and thus affect our plans.

Carlos paused, and the corners of his lips slowly hooked a mocking arc: "You are very dedicated... To be on my side is to be against your compatriots, you understand, right?

Wen Yan smiled: "In my eyes, except for myself, there is no one worthy of me giving up any benefits." What's more, a group of people who are not related to me, the sensational word 'compatriots', I don't think it applies.

Carlos smiled.

It is really exactly the same as the previous life, a cold-blooded animal that carves selfishness into his bones, and does not hesitate to frame Ji Ling and the entire Ji family in order to achieve his own goals, he is really an unfamiliar white-eyed wolf.