Ch 19: Questioning

Ji Ling stared at Jing Sui's cold golden pupils in a daze, and listened to the cold words that came out of his mouth, and was so moved that he almost choked speechlessly.

You ask me what I plan to do? Of course I'm going to trouble Ning Yu with 'jealousy'!

Ji Ling blinked, showing a heartbroken expression, as if he couldn't accept such an answer at all, and murmured: "Impossible, how could you like such a pariah..."

Jing Sui twitched the corners of his lips, and said slowly : "Why is it impossible?"

When Ji Ling heard this, tears filled his eyes with joy, and asked in an exasperated tone: "I like you so much, why don't you like me?"

Jing Sui smiled, his voice was calm, and his eyes were playful: "Whoever said that others like me, I have to respond? Then how many people should I like?"

His smile was calm and without the slightest bit of disdain. It could even be said to be elegant and pleasing to the eye. Even the curvature of the corners of his lips appeared perfect Perfect, but the more calm and indifferent, the more people feel that they are not taken seriously by him.

Ji Ling bit his lip with a pale face, as if he refused to accept the facts, as if he had to ask for an answer: "Then Ning Yu is a pariah, what do you like? I am not as good as him?" Jing Sui raised his eyebrows, as

if As if hearing some funny joke, he looked at Ji Ling deeply, let out a chuckle, and said clearly and slowly: "Apart from your status as a nobleman, how can you compare to him?

" He didn't have much thought, but it didn't stop him from looking down on such a dude like Ji Ling.

And Ji Ling, who has no self-knowledge, is by no means a minority among the nobles of today's empire. They are drunk and depraved, and have long forgotten that they were just a weak human being at the beginning. They are obsessed with their current status and power. , ignoring those weak people who they look down on, in fact, they also have huge potential and threats.

Even though the empire looks extremely powerful today, these depraved nobles will eventually be the root cause of the empire's decline.

Ji Ling deeply agrees with these words, and in his heart, the hero who follows the plot is the most powerful! He thought elatedly that he finally had a reason to go to Ning Yu for a duel! This is an important plot to set off Ning Yu's ability and promote Gongshou's feelings!

Despite the excitement in his heart, he showed a humiliated expression on his face, and said in disbelief: "You, you think I am inferior to him!"

Jing Sui looked at him indifferently, the light in his golden pupils was cold.

Although he didn't say a word, he just looked into those indifferent eyes, as if he was a vexatious waste, a ridiculous joke.

Ji Ling staggered back two steps, showing a heartbroken expression, reckoning that it was almost the end of the day, and when he was about to turn around and leave, he was suddenly grabbed by a strong hand from the side, and that firm arm held him tightly. Tightly wrapped in a thick and hot embrace, the force almost made him breathless!

He turned his head in astonishment, and met Brandon's stern and stern face like a blade. In the man's gray pupils, there was undisguised worry and pity.

Ji Ling's face turned really pale: "..."

Dude, don't be like this, I'm so flustered.

Brandon came to the palace to see Jing Sui, and wanted to discuss with him about Carlos's recent abnormal behavior. He suspected that Carlos had also been reborn. The reborn Carlos was undoubtedly a huge threat to them. The matter has come The point of urgency.

But he didn't want to see such a scene as soon as he came in.

The young man took a step back in a trance, looking at Jing Sui's blue eyes, such despair and pain made his heart ache.

Brandon was familiar with Jing Sui, even if he hadn't seen everything before, he could guess what happened. He was angry and sad, and felt indignant for the boy.

Although the young man is not strong enough, he is actually very brave in his heart. He is weak and can not only brave mountains of knives and fire to save me, but also go all out to save you in danger, and even die in the hands of Carlos for you in the end.

What right do you have to look down on him?

Such contempt for him, hurt him?

Thinking of this, Brandon was almost furious. He held Ji Ling tightly in his arms, looked at Jing Sui with cold and sharp eyes, and said in a cold voice: "What are you doing?"

Jing Sui frowned slightly. At the banquet, he felt that something was wrong with Brandon, and now seeing Brandon defending Ji Ling again, his eyes sank and his thin lips tightened.

Ji Ling was a little dumbfounded watching this scene, but soon came to his senses, lest the reborn Brandon would continue to confront Jing Sui and say something he shouldn't have said, which would cause trouble for him in the plot, and finally revealed some anxious look.

It doesn't matter if you are reborn, it doesn't matter, you can do whatever you like... But don't ruin my business, don't spoil my dear and lovely protagonist!

Ji Ling blinked Chu with tears in his eyes, took a deep breath, and said loudly, "Let me go!"

Brandon felt anxious and pity just now, and subconsciously hugged Ji Ling. As soon as it hurt, he let go of his hand immediately.

Ji Ling turned around and ran away.

Brandon took a hard look at Jing Sui, then at Ji Ling who ran away, his eyes froze, and he turned his head and chased after him without hesitation.

While running, Ji Ling kept his ears upright to listen to the movement behind him. Seeing that Brandon had chased him out, he breathed a sigh of relief. He finally lured Brandon away from Jing Sui. He had to find a chance to solve it alone. Get over this trouble.

He dexterously walked in the familiar palace garden, turned a corner, glanced quickly over the stones on the ground in front of him, deliberately rushed over without looking at them, tripped and fell to the ground with a thud, and felt a burning sensation in his palm. It hurts, I'm going... It hurts so much to fall!

Thinking of his sacrifice for acting, tears welled up in his eyes. He sat on the ground and turned around. Seeing Brandon striding towards him, he reached out to help him.

Ji Ling stepped back with his hands on the ground, his face was pale, and he said in horror and alienation: "Don't come here!"

Brandon looked at the boy sitting on the ground, his blue eyes were full of fear and alienation, his slender body trembled slightly, this scene was like a sword piercing into his heart, is he so scary? In fact, he didn't want to hurt him at all...

Ji Ling like this made him almost unsustainable, but Brandon thought of his last life, and remembered that Ji Ling was jealous because he believed the rumors on the Internet and because he was stimulated by Jing Sui Challenge Ning Yu, and finally became the laughing stock of the whole Internet... He still took a firm step forward, looked at Ji Ling's eyes seriously, and said in a hoarse voice: "I will not hurt you.

" Brandon said it last time, but Ji Ling didn't think about his rebirth at the time, so he didn't believe it. Not so scared anymore.

But even so, Ji Ling still pretended to be suspicious, and looked at him vigilantly: "Then what do you want from me?" Seeing that

Ji Ling was finally willing to listen to him, Brandon tried his best to show a gentle expression, and said: "I just wanted to tell you that you are no worse than Ning Yu, and you don't need to prove anything to others."

Ji Ling: "..."

Brother, you have exposed the fact of your rebirth!

Brandon looked at Ji Ling seriously, he really thought so in his heart, there was no falsehood in that sentence.

In his previous life, he was also blinded by Ji Lingwan's appearance, and he didn't see the true beauty of the young man, but he won't in this life. Force value has never been an absolute standard to measure a person. Although Ning Yu is very good and powerful, Ji Ling is no worse than him. He sincerely believes that although the boy is weak, his brave, firm and persistent heart is not inferior to anyone.

It's a pity that because of Jing Sui's neglect and contempt, coupled with the temptation of the group of cronies around him, he took the wrong path step by step, and finally plunged himself into a situation beyond redemption.

In this life, he didn't want to see the boy go on the path of his previous life again.

He could have been better off.

Brandon bent down and carefully helped Ji Ling up, his movements were unprecedentedly gentle, as if he was supporting a fragile treasure. He looked at the blood on the boy's palm with distress, held the boy's hand, and gently wiped the blood away with his sleeve, and said in a deep voice, "You are fine, really."

Ji Ling looked at Bu Langdon's stern face, seeing him say such words so solemnly, although such simple compliments are too simple and not fancy enough compared with Carlos and others, but for this man who is not good at words, But it is almost all he can express... He is affirming him very seriously.

But Ji Ling almost wanted to cry without tears.

Although he saved Brandon once in his last life, he was very successful in killing Brandon's favor with his bad words, and he didn't make Brandon really like him in the end. Why did you do it all over again, and you suddenly found out that I was fine? !

What about the iron-blooded marshal who agreed to love and hate? What about an affectionate supporting actor who has a crush on Ning Yu?

It's not good to be so fickle!

But nothing in this world can stop my determination to go home, and nothing can stop me from continuing the plot!

Ji Ling once again said that I don't believe that I don't listen to Dafa, stared at Brandon with distrustful eyes, and accused loudly: "Don't lie to me, you will think that I am no worse than Ning Yu? Ning Yu is clearly your best The subordinate I like, if it weren't for you, would he, a pariah, have a chance to succeed?"

Brandon's eyes were painful, and he was speechless, because Ji Ling was right, Ning Yu was indeed promoted by him, and he opened his mouth, " I..."

Ji Ling looked at you, a big liar, you don't want to fool me, pushed him away hard, and said in a short breath: "You are afraid that I will trouble Ning Yu by saying this? Don't dream, don't care about you Whatever you say, I will never let him go! Just wait and see!"

Brandon: "I'm not..."

Ji Ling: "You are!"

Brandon: "I..."

Ji Ling: "Don't try to lie to me!"

Brandon: "You..."

Ji Ling: "I'll prove it to you, I'm no worse than Ning Yu, that pariah just wait to die!"

He said angrily Turned around and ran, ran two steps and then turned back to warn: "Don't come here, I will call you if you come again, Aunt Shaman will definitely help me do justice!" Brandon: "..." He tried

his

best He tried to find a way, but the young man couldn't listen to a word. He couldn't stop him at all, so he could only watch him leave again.

Brandon's face was tense, with pain, regret and sadness intertwined in his eyes. He tried his best to suppress the sour feeling of jealousy in his heart, and clenched his right hand tightly... In fact, it was expected that Ji Ling would not listen to him. Bar.

Because Ji Ling only has Jing Sui in his heart, and only Jing Sui can make him happy, make him laugh, make him suffer, make him sad...

Jing Sui's indifference and disdain are the root of Ji Ling's pain and obsession. Saying a thousand or ten thousand sentences is not worth Jing Sui's one sentence and one look.

But Jing Sui knew all of this, but still hurt him indifferently, watching him step by step on the road of no return.

Brandon's eyes were filled with anger, and his chest heaved violently. Even in the last life when Jing Sui and Ning Yu were together, he had never been so angry. At that time, he just blessed Ning Yu calmly and accepted the fact... But This time, as long as he thought of Jing Sui's harm to the boy and the ending of the boy in his previous life, he couldn't control his emotions.

Brandon returned to Jing Sui's palace with a face as cold as frost, and saw Jing Sui feeding the cloud hunting beast there indifferently, as if nothing that happened just now had caused the slightest ripple in his heart.

Jing Sui turned his head slowly upon hearing the sound, looked at Brandon lightly, and said, "You are back."

Brandon's eyes were fixed, and he strode over. Under the dark red hair, the gray pupils were full of thick ink, and he looked at the man in front of him who seemed to have no emotional changes no matter when and where.

Sometimes Brandon even wonders, in the eyes of this man, besides his imperial power, what else can move him?

He remembered his previous life again.

In the previous life, he rushed over by himself, just in time to see the scene where the young man sacrificed himself in front of Carlos and died in Jing Sui's arms... Even though he had many prejudices against the young man in his previous life, he was finally moved at that moment. He never knew that a person's love can be so pure and blazing like moths to a flame, even if they sacrifice everything, they will never regret it.

But what about Jing Sui?

He just accepted the fact very calmly, even his expression didn't change much. He first solved Carlos, then turned around and picked up the boy's body, and sent the boy back to Duke Ji Ting's mansion with his own hands. The Grand Duke said that he would make amends to him... From the beginning to the end, he handled everything in an orderly, calm and rational manner.

Then, she broke off the engagement with Ning Yu.

It was also at that time that Brandon realized that he didn't really love Ning Yu that much, did he? The marriage contract with Ning Yu was more of a political appeal for him, and this marriage was almost unnecessary after Carlos' death, so they ended that relationship logically.

As for the death of the young man, it was like an insignificant dust that was gently wiped away, and it was also like a tacit taboo that no one mentioned again.

Many years later, when Brandon occasionally thought of that dazzling but fleeting boy like a meteor.

He always wondered whether Jing Sui was the same as him and regretted it in the dead of night, but it was a pity that he couldn't see Jing Sui's true heart until the last moment of his life in his last life.

To a certain extent, he has always been a qualified emperor, calm, rational, and ruthless.

Doesn't really take anyone to heart.

Brandon chose to support him at the beginning because he also took a fancy to Jing Sui's character, thinking that he is a ruler worth following and a friend who can be trusted, but at this moment... He looked at the man's calm face, but for the first time This is the first time I hate his coldness so much.

Feeling unworthy of a teenager.

You can dislike him or even alienate him, but there is no need to hurt him. In fact, as long as you are willing to show him a little mercy, he won't fall to that point, but you don't.

You seem to have done nothing, but you are always careless, pushing him into a deeper abyss.

Brandon took a deep breath, stepped forward and grabbed Jing Sui by the collar, stared at his eyes, and said slowly: "I said last time, you shouldn't treat him like this. "

Jing Sui glanced over the back of Brandon's veined hand, the look in the golden eyes slowly sank, the cold and murderous aura made the surrounding air almost freeze, once the cold and handsome face showed no expression, it showed The majesty of the emperor.

He needs Brandon's support and recognizes Brandon, but this does not mean that he can tolerate such inexplicable offenses from him.

Jing Sui looked at him, parted his thin lips slightly, and uttered cold words: "I think we should talk about it."

............

Ji Ling shook off Brandon, wiped his eyes, He patted his dusty clothes again, and went back to his mother as if nothing happened.

When Mrs. Marina saw him coming back, she was keenly aware of her son's depressed mood, and said with concern: "What's the matter, baby?" Ji Ling lowered her eyes and said, "It's nothing, Mom." Mrs. Marina and Mrs.

Shaman

spoke They glanced at each other, revealing a slightly worried expression. Ji Ling is their sweetheart, and they all know Ji Ling's vague affection for Jing Sui, but...Jing Sui doesn't necessarily like Ji Ling very much. Could it be that something unpleasant happened? thing.

Mrs. Shaman was in a bit of a dilemma. No matter how much she liked Ji Ling, it was useless, but her son was a man with his own opinions. This kind of thing could not be forced, and he would not listen to her own words, so he could only pretend that he did not notice Ji Ling. Ji Ling said with a smile: "Xiao Ling, if you have time, come to the palace to spend more time with Auntie. If you don't come, Auntie will be angry." Although Ji Ling pretended to be fine, the thought of Brandon might disrupt the situation

. , the mood is still difficult to cheer up, said downcast: "Yeah."

Mrs. Shaman sighed lightly.

Seeing her son like this, Mrs. Marina didn't want to stay for long, so she said goodbye to Mrs. Shaman and took Ji Ling home.

As soon as Ji Ling came home, he got rid of Mrs. Marina and shut himself in the house.

He thought about it, although Brandon probably couldn't bear to himself because of the guilt of the previous life, and ran to Jing Sui to make irresponsible remarks, but he must believe in Jing Sui, and the hero's ruthlessness, is absolutely It is impossible for Brandon to fall in love with this vicious cannon fodder because of Brandon's nonsense. As long as he is serious about killing himself, the plot will definitely be saved!

At least today, he was successfully slapped in the face by Jing Sui, and he had an excuse to challenge Ning Yu.

In my last life, I successfully completed this plot in this way. After seeing the scandal between Jing Sui and Ning Yu, I was unwilling to go forward to question him, but Jing Sui thought that I was not as good as Ning Yu, so in order to prove that I asked Ning Yu to fight, But he also knew that he was not Ning Yu's opponent, so he shamelessly let people tamper with Ning Yu's mecha, and used improper means to attack Ning Yu in the duel, creating a chance for the Jing Sui hero to save the beauty, and beat himself again s face!

If all this hadn't been broadcast live on the whole network, Ji Ling would still have to say that the original owner is a vicious cannon fodder with a little bit of brains, and he will use all means to deal with the enemy, but in fact he is a brainless cannon fodder... Even if you want to use despicable

means , and don't be seen out in public!

With this kind of live broadcast on the whole network attracting attention and being watched by the people of the whole empire, using such a despicable method to attack Ning Yu is of no use other than to attract hatred for himself!

If there is no plot of the original book, Ji Ling would have suspected that the original owner wanted to make Ning Yu happy on purpose...

How admirable is this kind of self-sacrificing spirit.

It really completely embodies the stupidity and viciousness of an imperial nobleman's panties.

Having said that, since I have inherited this identity, I have to go through the plot with dedication, use my meanness, viciousness and stupidity to set off Ning Yu's perfection and nobility, and by the way, create a chance for Jing Sui to be a hero to save the beauty, so that he can continue to be a hero in the empire. circle powder.

Thinking of this, Ji Ling was filled with ambition again, and couldn't wait to open his personal homepage. Afterwards, Ait Ning Yu made a very arrogant statement that he wanted to have a duel with Ning Yu! Show it off!

After this news was sent out, it was immediately forwarded by countless people and major media, and quickly became a hot spot on the entire network.

That well-known young master of wanku, Ji Ling, the only son of Grand Duke Ji Ting, is going to challenge a national idol like Ning Yu, a fighting hero!

Ning Yu's fans immediately ruthlessly mocked Ji Ling from beginning to end. Even the nobles who wanted to stand on Ji Ling's side didn't know how to defend Ji Ling. After all, this behavior was too self-aware...

But Ji Ling didn't care about the ridicule on the Internet at all. He just stared at Ning Yu's account and waited nervously for several hours. Finally, he got Ning Yu's reply, which only had one word: yes.

He accepted his challenge!