Ch 14: Reborn?

Ji Ling's body froze, and for a moment Carlos' eyes made him feel that everything he had hidden was gone...but he quickly calmed down. At least until now, what he has shown is in line with his personality. Even if there are some flaws that make Carlos suspicious, he can't guess the real truth.

No matter how cunning and scheming Carlos is, he is still a person of this world after all, so how could he possibly think that what he is in is actually a "Truman's World"?

This old fox may just be keenly aware of a hint of his own leaked emotions, so just refuse to admit it!

After a while, Ji Ling blinked slightly, and said in an innocent and innocent voice: "How could that be."

Carlos looked at him deeply: "Really?"

Ji Ling's eyes were extremely 'sincere', as if there was a hint of The grievance of being misunderstood: "Of course yes, how could I avoid you."

Carlos raised the corners of his lips, evoking a half-smile, the little guy really tried hard to hide himself, but unfortunately it was not enough So perfect, he must have hidden secrets that he doesn't want to be known by himself.

But as long as Ji Ling doesn't want to talk about it now, he doesn't intend to get to the bottom of it.

And the little guy is cute even when he pretends to be concealed...

He hopes that the boy can be more presumptuous and unscrupulous in front of him, instead of facing himself cautiously like other people.

Fortunately, he was patient enough to allow the boy to slowly open his heart to himself.

Carlos lightly brushed Ji Ling's slightly red eyes with his fingertips, and let out a deep playful laugh, "But...if I didn't show up today, would you think of looking for me?"

Ji Ling opened his mouth , speechless.

Carlos looked at his embarrassment, and after a while, he let out a soft sigh of helplessness, "I don't mean to blame you, I just... worry about you."

Carlos's eyes were full of worry, and he said, "What if I don't come here today? I don't want you to encounter the same danger as today... Do you understand?" Ji Ling stared at him blankly, his gaze fell

into His deep brown eyes contained such a gentle and sincere expression, like a boundless ocean, fully containing everything about him.

His good, his bad, his willful...

Carlos never cared whether what he did was right or whether it would hurt others. He just stood behind him without hesitation, shielding himself from the wind and rain, and resisting everything.

Ji Ling's eyes were in a trance for a moment.

Although this is a bloody, cruel, insidious and despicable villain, when he is willing to pretend to pamper someone unconditionally, it is so confusing, it is easy for people to indulge in it unknowingly... It's a pity...

Ji Ling is an upright young man with straight three views, and his mind is very clear now!

If Carlos can believe that sows can climb trees, and how could he ask Carlos to help him deal with Ning Yu now? I'm afraid I don't want to do this task.

Ji Ling didn't take it seriously, and said obediently: "I'm sorry, but I just thought of it temporarily. I didn't think about it at all, and I didn't expect to meet Marshal Brandon..." "You..." After a long while

, Carlos raised his hand and stroked Ji Ling's head, his fingertips brushed over the soft golden hair, and there was restrained and complicated color in the depths of his eyes.

In order not to be too tight, he has not appeared in front of the boy for several days, but he found that the separation did not reduce the longing in his heart at all, and the desire for urgency became stronger... It was the first time he tried , care about what a person feels like.

Once again, he was clearly aware of his unusual feelings for the boy.

Even Wen Yan, that selfish and despicable guy, can often appear by the boy's side, watching him and guarding him all the time.

But I can't.

All of this made Carlos jealous, and he was almost unable to suppress the impulse in his heart. He wanted to imprison the young man by his side so that he could not leave his sight for a moment... instead of only being passed on by others. , to learn a few words belonging to the teenager.

Carlos tightened his arms around the boy slightly.

Ji Ling looked at Carlos' eyes that suddenly became dark, as if the man in front of him was about to show his ferocious fangs... couldn't help but feel uneasy.

There should be no problem with my answer just now, right? How can you change your attitude as soon as you say it? Why is the villain so moody? You have been pretending for so long, you must continue to pretend!

Ji Ling was a little nervous, and stammered: "Ka, Uncle Carlos..."

Just when Ji Ling was panicking, a black hover car suddenly stopped in front of the two of them, and the door slowly opened, with long silver hair The handsome man in a white robe stepped down and came to him step by step... He bowed his head respectfully and said: "Master, I'm here to take you home."

Ji Ling was shocked and dazed!

Which one is this? !

He, he didn't tell Wen Yan when he came out, how could Wen Yan know that he was here...

Carlos turned his head to look at the silver-haired man standing respectfully by the side, his eyes narrowed slightly, slowly covered with a layer of coldness Color... This person is really becoming more and more an eyesore.

Ji Ling was held in the arms of the big villain Carlos, and looked at the other big villain Wen Yan who was standing respectfully beside him in a trance.

He finally realized sadly that he might be being followed...

Otherwise, it would be impossible for the two of them to appear here by such a coincidence, but Ji Ling really couldn't figure out, what was there in him that was worth the trouble of the two big villains ? At best, he is a vicious cannon fodder!

But now is not the time to think about it. Ji Ling rolled his eyes and said to Carlos again: "Uncle Carlos, I should go back."

After speaking, he looked at Carlos seriously to show his determination to go home!

Although the sudden appearance of Wen Yan also has unclear intentions, it is the best choice to go home now. In this way, Wen Yan's arrival is like a timely rain... "Uncle Carlos?"

Seeing that Carlos did not let go, Ji Ling deliberately used Looking at him with a puzzled look, he reminded him again.

Carlos looked at the boy's clear blue eyes filled with blankness, so pitiful...

After a long time, he finally let go of his hand.

Immediately, Ji Ling nimbly got out of Carlos' arms, and said softly, "Then, I'll go first..."

Carlos watched him quietly.

Ji Ling didn't dare to look at Carlos anymore, and walked quickly to the suspension car. Wen Yan showed him a humble smile, took his hand and helped him get on the car, with gentle and considerate movements.

At an angle that Ji Ling couldn't see, Wen Yan turned his head slightly, his black eyes met Carlos's gaze, showing a cold and indifferent look... until the car door slowly closed, blocking the two people's sight.

Carlos' pupils shrank, and killing intent burst into his eyes.

They didn't say a word from the beginning to the end, but just a wrong look in their eyes seemed to bring out the shadow of a sword!

Well, it seems... you've made your decision.

Then you should understand what price you should pay for it.

...............

Until the car door was completely closed, Ji Ling quietly glanced at the silver-haired man with low brows and pleasing eyes beside him. He always felt that today he was constantly jumping from one fire pit to another fire pit and then to another fire pit... What

? Can't jump out.

Ji Ling turned his eyes away sadly and looked outside, counting the time silently in his heart, and finally returned to his home.

Due to physical and mental exhaustion, Ji Ling really didn't have the mood to continue dealing with Wen Yan, and he didn't bother to pay attention to what idea he had, which was not a good idea after all. So he directly opened his mouth and said: "I don't need your service today, you go back first."

But this time Wen Yan did not leave obediently as usual, but stood there, looking at him with complicated and deep eyes.

Ji Ling: "...?"

Wen Yan looked at the young man in front of him with distress and fear. If he had been with the young man from the beginning, he would not have let him face Brandon and Carlos alone... If it really happened After all, he couldn't forgive himself.

Deep self-blame appeared in his dark eyes, he was silent for a moment, and said to Ji Ling: "I want to tell you one thing."

Ji Ling almost blew out of fear when he heard this! Fuck, what are you going to be honest with me? To be honest, you are a beast-faced, white-eyed wolf, and you have been plotting against me? Don't be honest with me ah ah ah ah ah! I don't want to hear that at all!

Let us continue this hypocritical peace, okay?

Just when Ji Ling was in shock, he heard Wen Yan say softly: "Sorry, I inquired about your whereabouts without your permission."

Ji Ling: "..."

I didn't mean you, brother you It's best to speak in one breath. If you breathe too much, it's easy for people to think about it. I was so scared that I thought you were going to be honest... I would

know about it even if I didn't say it!

Ji Ling thought to himself, what's the big deal, as long as you don't confess your true colors! He put his heart back into his stomach again, showing a cold little expression, and said: "This is what you want to confess?" Wen Yan showed a guilty look, and said: "Yes,

because I really care about you too much , and worried about your safety, so I rashly inquired about your whereabouts, I hope you can forgive my self-assertion."

This is right, it is your usual hypocritical style! You took the initiative to bring this up because you were afraid that I would settle accounts after the fact. After all, even with the original owner's rough outline, this matter will be figured out sooner or later, and you can't keep it a secret.

Although Ji Ling didn't take it seriously, he still pretended to be dissatisfied and raised his chin and snorted: "What danger can I have? Who dares to touch me on this Emperor Star? Who told you to meddle in your own business." Wen Yan

respectfully He bowed his head: "I'm sorry, I'm too busy."

Ji Ling thought that since he had come to this point, he would just responsibly suppress his hatred every day, and then added in a contemptuous tone: "Then why Ning Yu, as a pariah, dare to look down on me? If Marshal Brandon hadn't suddenly appeared today, I would have let this pariah know what he would do if he offended me!"

Wen Yan looked at the young man's stubborn mouth and refusal to admit defeat, but his heart gradually became tender and caring.

He clearly remembered that something similar happened in his previous life.

But in fact, the boy didn't have any malice at all, he just couldn't swallow that breath, he didn't really want to hurt Ning Yu, but Brandon still hurt him that time. The young man suffered a lot because of his stubbornness and stubbornness, just because he couldn't let go of his face and pride...

How could Wen Yan have the heart to embarrass the young man, so he didn't expose it, he said kindly: "Of course those who offend you will pay the price, but I I still hope that if you have anything you want to do in the future, just tell me."

Ji Ling suddenly showed displeasure: "What do you mean? You think I can't do things well, and I need your help to clean up one Untouchable?"

Wen Yan suddenly knelt down on one knee, looked up at the boy's blue eyes with deep and gentle eyes, raised his head and said slowly: "That's not what I meant."

Ji Ling didn't expect him to kneel down. Kneeling, almost took a step back in fright, but managed to stabilize! He raised his eyebrows and said, "Oh?"

In the depths of Wen Yan's dark eyes was an almost imperceptible color of crazy nostalgia, and he said with a devout expression, "I'm not questioning your ability, I'm just your loyal slave , it is my duty to serve you. Just leave some small things to me, and you don't have to dirty your hands at all." His youth is so

noble and pure, he should be admired by others by birth, To be loved and cared for by others.

Any dirty, humble, and despicable things should be done for him by himself, because his hands are dirty.

All the people and things that make you unhappy, I can make them disappear.

Because for me, the whole world is not as important as you coming alone.

Ji Ling stared blankly at Wen Yan's solemn promise to him with such a devout gesture...his eyes straightened.

is it necessary? Are you a dramatist? Are you addicted to acting?

I believe you are a ghost.

Ji Ling recalled the events of his previous life. At that time, the plot of the story was coming to an end, and he was about to complete the task. In order to add trouble to Ning Yu and Jing Sui, he deliberately asked Wen Yan to help him assassinate Ning Yu, because he knew that Wen Yan He will not help him sincerely, this matter will only further promote the relationship between Ning Yu and Jing Sui.

Wen Yan really lived up to his expectations, and he deliberately planned a failed assassination, and left evidence pointing to himself, so that he could be charged with hurting the war hero Ning Yu, which aroused the condemnation of the whole people.

For the high-ranking imperial nobles, it doesn't matter how many dirty things they do in private, but at least on the surface, they need to consider the emotions of the common people, let alone violate the laws of the empire openly. Ji Ling ordered the assassination of Ning Yu to be brought to the fore again by Wen Yan, which made Jing Sui furious.

Public opinion continued to ferment, and finally reached the point where even his father Ji Ting couldn't bear it. Ji Ting paid a lot for this, and finally won Jing Sui's understanding and compromise. The condition for saving Ji Ling's life is to deprive him of his aristocratic glory and expel him from Emperor Star and never allow him to return, so as to appease the anger of the people.

Well, although this incident was within Ji Ling's expectation, he still had a deeper understanding of Wen Yan's black and mercenary.

In order to help Ning Yu vent his anger, he was merciless to himself!

Although I still have to find Wen Yan when I need 'help' in the future, but it's definitely not now. Now I have to stay in Emperor Star and continue to add trouble to Ning Yu! I'm afraid that my brain is flooded, so I will use your big killer now.

Ji Ling showed a disdainful expression, raised his chin and said impatiently: "I know. You go, I'm going to rest!"

Wen Yan looked at the young man's disdainful look, although he said he knew, But Wen Yan knew very well in his heart that the boy didn't really want to help him with anything, a look of helplessness appeared in his eyes, and regret and pain arose densely in his heart.

Because the youth in the previous life was like this, although he seemed arrogant and domineering, and said those hurtful things from time to time, he never really treated himself as a servant, he helped himself... never asked for anything in return, right? .

As a high-ranking nobleman, he is willing to help the humble me without asking for anything in return.

The only time the young man let himself do things for him was that night, when he saw the news that Ning Yu and Jing Sui were about to get married, he looked at him with a pale and bloodless face, and ordered himself to help him kill Ning Yu.

But what about myself?

But when he begged himself for the only time, he ruthlessly betrayed him, making him bear an unforgivable crime, and in the end, in despair... was expelled from the Emperor Star by the person he loved the most.

Just because I am so selfish and despicable, greedy and dissatisfied in my heart, in order to satisfy my dirty desires, I let the high-ranking young man fall into the dust, trying to take him as my own in this way.

Wen Yan thought of this, and the pain and self-blame stirred in his chest like a sharp knife.

And it wasn't until after the boy died that he finally realized how wrong he was.

The true nobility of a young man does not lie in his status as a nobleman, but in his clean and pure heart. That is what he will never be able to touch. With such a despicable method, he will never be able to truly possess this person.

Even if the boy steps down from the altar one day, he is only worthy of crawling at his feet and kissing his toes. Wen Yan's eyes sparkled, suppressing the pain in his heart, his

lips moved slightly, and he lowered his head and made a hoarse voice, "I understand... If you need me anytime soon, please tell me, okay?

"

, I swear my allegiance to you, willing to be driven by you.

Never betray.

...............

Ji Ling finally sent away Wen Yan, the great god, and fell on the bed with a daze in his eyes. Only then did he finally have time to think carefully about Brandon's actions tonight, and the more he thought about it, the more he felt something was wrong...

Rebirth That word suddenly appeared in Ji Ling's mind again.

If it was Brandon, it seemed very possible that he would behave like this after rebirth! After all, Jagged Marshal Brandon is different from Carlos and others. He is a principled person.

In order to follow the plot in my last life, I took a risk to save him once under the guidance of the system, and then deliberately and arrogantly asked him to repay me, so as to arouse Brandon's disgust and disgust.

Ji Ling is very aware of how abhorrent and unworthy his performance was at the time. For Marshal Brandon, who is known as the "Imperial God of War", he was rescued by trash like himself and forced to deal with the one he liked. People, probably more disgusting than eating flies... But after all, it was a life-saving grace, and Brandon finally admitted it with a pinch of his nose.

In case if Brandon is reborn, then he sees what he is doing now, although he is very angry, but because of the life-saving grace of his previous life, he has to endure it desperately... This reminds him of the twisted expression he was struggling with at that time It's totally right, and it's very logical!

If... Brandon really changed his behavior because of his rebirth, what about Wen Yan and Carlos?

Ji Ling suddenly trembled.

This idea is too terrible to stop! ! !

Ji Ling suddenly sat up from the bed: [System, are you sure they haven't been reborn? 】

The system was silent for a while, then said slowly: 【I'm not sure. ]

Ji Ling: [? ? ? 】

Ji Ling said angrily:【You didn't say that last time, you swore to me before that there is no rebirth factor in this book! ]

System explanation: [This book does not have any rebirth factors, but your last strategy failure caused the world to collapse, and it is temporarily unknown what impact it will have on the characters in this world. According to my data system calculation, the probability of rebirth is so small that it is negligible, but it is not impossible. From the perspective of Murphy's law...]

Ji Ling: [Shut up. 】

The system thought for a while, and decided not to argue with the irrational host for the time being, and ended the conversation with professional clichés: [In the face of unusual emergencies, please use your wisdom and courage to complete the task. 】

Ji Ling's expression was dull, and after a long time, he only replied the words system hehe.

He fell heavily on the bed, completely speechless from his anger, wishing he could pull out the hot chicken system and beat him up, but he knew it was impossible—so he decided to fight the system coldly!

Cold war, must be cold war!

............

Ji Ling fell asleep in a daze, and woke up the next day with thick dark circles under his eyes.

As usual, I read the reports on Xingwang.com, and finally understood why I met Ning Yu at that auction last night. It was really a coincidence.

Ning Yu was on a mission. The military inspection department under Brandon had already grasped clues to a large-scale black industrial chain, and involved many nobles, involving slave trade and smuggling of genetic evolution agents and other crimes. Just last night , This black industrial chain has been picked up.

Ji Ling was relieved that he didn't mention anything about himself in the report.

In short, it is indeed the fetters of fate that the Emperor Star is so big and so easy to meet!

He continued to watch the news, and then got his wish and found the gossip he wanted to see. Some of Ning Yu's fanatical fans took pictures of Ning Yu entering and exiting Marshal Brandon's residence.

Ji Ling was almost moved to tears, he finally saw the only good news since the second brush! That is, Ning Yu lived in Brandon's house because of her own reasons!

According to the plot, Ning Yu will have a long-term relationship with Brandon at his home, and Brandon will fall in love with Ning Yu more because of this, and Ning Yu will also have the opportunity to meet Jing Sui to develop a relationship.

The plot was finally rescued, and his efforts were not in vain!

This incident was like a shot in the arm, and Ji Ling regained some motivation.

In fact, he was originally a very tenacious and resilient person. Although he would often encounter difficulties and blows, and would be dejected like ordinary people, he never really gave up easily, and would always stand up again and continue to work hard.

In order to go home, what is this setback!

Ji Ling stayed at home and began to think about how to proceed with the next plot.

Speaking of which, I was injured after kidnapping Ning Yu in the last life, so I should recuperate at home. Nothing happened this time, so eating and drinking at home seemed good.

Although there were some ups and downs and difficulties before, but thinking about it from another angle, it would be nice to be able to avoid a beating...

Ji Ling stayed at home this day, thinking about what he should do in the next plot, while doing nothing While wasting time, Hardy, the servant of the family, suddenly came over with a beautiful invitation card, and respectfully said to Ji Ling: "Master, this is from Carlos." Ji Ling took it over in doubt, and it turned out to be

Card Ross invited himself to stay at his home.

This kind of communication between the nobles is actually very normal. The original owner used to often go to stay at a friend's house, but it seemed very abnormal when it happened to Carlos... As a powerful grand duke, it is not unreasonable to say that there are many opportunities. But, it's okay, why would a junior like myself live in the past? Could it be that you accompany me to go out to eat, drink and have fun, accompany me to pick up girls and accompany me to be high? !

Conspiracy, there must be a conspiracy!

System: [I do not recommend that you accept the invitation. ]

Ji Ling is determined not to talk to the garbage system, they are still in a cold war! And what else do you do but bullshit?

His fingers stroked the graceful gilt lettering on the invitation card, and the expression in his eyes changed.

From the bottom of his heart, he was very reluctant to get close to Carlos.

But things have come to this point... Blindly avoiding is of no use. Since Carlos invited him, he must have a plan, so... isn't this also a good opportunity to test him? How can you get a tiger cub if you don't enter the tiger's den?

Ji Ling took a deep breath, with a determined look in his eyes.

The system emphasized: [You should think about it carefully. ]

Ji Ling put away the invitation card and folded it, raised his eyelashes, and said slowly to Hardy: "Reply to Uncle Carlos for me, I accept his invitation."