Ch 18: Speaker

Ji Ling stared at Carlos in a daze. I didn't expect you to be such an upright person. It really surprised me! Of course I knew that Jing Sui didn't like me. In fact, everyone except the original owner knew this, but no one made it clear.

It's like the emperor's new clothes, everyone has seen through it, but no one has said it.

And now, this 'secret' was spoken by Carlos.

Ji Ling felt very embarrassed. As the number one fan of Jing Sui, when he heard such 'cruel' words, should he be heartbroken, or heartbroken, or heartbroken?

He blinked his eyes, tears came down, he reached out and beat Carlos' chest, crying and said: "You lied to me! I don't believe it! He, he...why do you say he won't like me!

Carlos grasped Ji Ling's hand, wiped his cheeks that were dripping with tears with his fingertips, looked at the boy's dazed eyes, and said in a low, slow and ruthless voice: "If he likes you at all, how can he be so happy for you? " A pariah blames you."

Ji Ling said in his heart that what you said is so fucking reasonable, and it is impossible to refute it, but I don't want to hear such words now! I just want to play my role as a sailor and get rewards to go home. You old villain didn't cheat me enough in your previous life, but in this life, you actually killed thousands of knives to hinder my "pursuit of true love". When I think of this, I suddenly feel sad. As a majestic villain, why should you fight me like a cannon fodder?

Ji Ling said tearfully: "Please don't say it!"

Carlos looked at the boy's tearful eyes, the sadness and fragility and helplessness in those eyes were intertwined, his heart sank, and he realized for the first time that he would When there is a moment of tenderness, I can't bear to continue talking...

However, if Ji Ling is not allowed to recognize the reality, even if he is bruised all over by Jing Sui, he will not give up.

Carlos suppressed the pity in his eyes, and said word by word: "Why don't you want to recognize the reality? Everyone knows this."

Ji Ling was almost forced to retreat by Carlos. He almost didn't know how to continue. He gritted his teeth and pushed Carlos away with all his strength. Go away! Don't worry about my affairs!"

Then he turned around and ran out!

He ran out without looking back, and only after running a long distance did he look back cautiously.

Carlos didn't follow.

Ji Ling let out a heavy breath, that's great, fortunately, he was clever just now and thought of such a way to block Carlos' words, otherwise he would almost be forced to reveal his secrets, this old fox is too scary.

It's not easy, the second brush is too difficult.

...............

Carlos quietly watched the boy run away from him with red eyes and grief.

But he didn't chase after him, nor did he stop him, he just stood there motionless.

Everything in the last life made him clearly understand how deep Ji Ling's love for Jing Sui is. It is inevitable for him to find it difficult to accept what he said just now, and it doesn't matter if he doesn't believe it for a while. He will understand this fact one day... It's time to bring him back to him.

Carlos' eyes were dark, and his thin lips were pursed into a straight line. After a while, he turned his gaze away and walked out.

Anderson was waiting outside the palace. According to the usual practice, the banquet would not end until very late, but this time he was surprised that His Excellency the Duke came out not long after entering.

He hurried forward and asked respectfully: "Why did you leave early, but what happened?"

Carlos held a cane in his right hand, his deep eyes glanced at Anderson, and the outline of his elegant face seemed to be obscured in the night Putting on a layer of coldness, he said lightly: "It's nothing."

Anderson lowered his head and didn't dare to ask any more questions. He has been with Carlos for many years and is the best at observing words and expressions, so he knows very well that His Excellency the Duke is not in a good mood now. His Excellency the Duke went in with Master Ji Ling, but now he came out alone...

Thinking of the love the Duke has shown to Master Ji Ling during this period, and thinking of the person that Master Ji Ling admired in his heart, Anderson felt that he might have discovered something extraordinary. He didn't dare to say a word, lowered his eyebrows and lowered his eyes, and didn't even dare to look at the Duke.

He bent down to open the door for Carlos, closed the door after His Excellency the Duke got into the car, and drove away from the palace himself.

Not long after, the suspension car stopped at the Duke's Mansion.

Anderson said: "If there is no other order, then I will leave first."

Carlos turned his head and looked down at him, "Wait."

Anderson said: "Yes."

Carlos's lips evoked a cold and treacherous look. He said in a low voice, "Since Your Majesty wants a good reputation, let's help him."

Anderson finally raised his eyes in confusion. Isn't Your Excellency the most unwilling to see His Majesty gaining the support of the common people? ? This is very detrimental to the layout of His Excellency the Duke. He has been secretly obstructing him before... but now he wants to help His Majesty gain a good reputation?

But he didn't dare to ask any more questions, and replied respectfully: "Yes." He watched

His Excellency the Duke leave.

Carlos returned to his manor, stood still in the courtyard, and looked at the empty garden in the night. The boy was no longer here, and he might not come back for a long time.

The expression in his eyes became colder and colder, and the killing intent that could not be concealed gradually emerged.

If he wanted Jing Sui to die in the last life, it had nothing to do with any personal grievances, but a pure conflict of interests... Then in this life, his desire to die for Jing Sui was driven by jealousy, and it was stronger than before Countless times!

Carlos tightened his hand holding the cane, and a sneer sneered on his lips. Didn't you deliberately let the outside world speculate on your affair with Ning Yu in order to win people's hearts? As the lord of the empire, in order to use the power of the common people to weaken the power of the nobles, he did not hesitate to use his marriage as a bargaining chip to marry a lowly commoner. I don't know whether to call you ridiculous or ruthless? He is so calm and rational that he has no heart...

But don't worry, I will help you this time.

Because in that case... Little cutie might give up earlier.

............

Ji Ling successfully found his parents at the banquet, and then went home together.

He couldn't figure out why Carlos suddenly wanted to get involved with his emotional problems with Carlos' black-bellied and ruthless personality. Carlos's three different views cannot be brought in. Maybe Carlos is just a whim and can't see himself feeling better? After all, I didn't provoke him in the last life, and he also tricked me...

Although there were some small episodes and the onlookers who didn't play their cards according to the routine, in general, today's plot was completed smoothly, which made Ji Ling Feel a little comforted.

Then just wait patiently for the next step to happen.

According to the description in the book, at the palace banquet, Jing Sui punished Ji Ling without hesitation in order to protect Ning Yu. This matter was quickly spread, and everyone knew that Ji Ling was punished by His Majesty for making trouble with Ning Yu. In this matter, it seemed that Ji Ling was the one who lost face, but the real vested interest was Jing Sui.

Without Jing Sui's acquiescence, how could such a trivial matter that not many people know could have spread and fermented in the aristocratic circle in a short period of time, and spread directly to the Internet, becoming everyone's gossip after dinner?

The message that Jing Sui really wanted to convey was that he valued Ning Yu, an excellent and brave civilian evolutionary, and he was willing to protect his subjects, and would not hesitate to punish the children of high-ranking nobles like Ji Ling. In his eyes, common people and nobles are equal. of.

Master, master ah.

A small accident can also be used by him to win people's hearts.

Not to mention Ji Ling, even Ning Yu, in the eyes of Jing Sui, is more useful than liking. Every time Ji Ling thinks of this, he thinks it is incredible that such a rational and almost ruthless person as Yi Jing Sui could finally fall in love with Ning Yu and plan to marry him.

But that's all for later. For Ji Ling, he thinks this is a perfect win-win situation!

He successfully completed the task, and Jing Sui also gained the reputation he wanted, and got Ning Yu's favor, perfect!

It must not be long before the scandal between Jing Sui and Ning Yu will come out, and then I can logically go to question Jing Sui with jealousy, and then enter the next link of finding faults and getting slapped in the face after being bored!

Ji Ling waited at home in a happy mood, surfing the Internet every day when he had nothing to do, sleeping, eating, and Carlos didn't even come to him during this time, and Wen Yan was also busy with the campaign and didn't appear in front of him. I don't know how comfortable it is.

Thinking of the reliable attack, Ji Ling seems to be able to see a bright future beckoning to him...

The news on the Internet is also completely following his expectations, and the news of Jing Sui defending Ning Yu at the banquet is indeed the same as in the previous life During the fermentation, the only thing that surprised Ji Ling was that the speed of fermentation and the repercussions it caused were even faster than in the previous life.

However, he didn't care about this small change. Compared with the villains who were suspected of being reborn, it was nothing to worry about. He understood the butterfly effect.

During this period of time, apart from Jing Sui and Ning Yu, there is also another thing that has attracted much attention, and that is the general election once every ten years.

The general election will elect a new speaker of the Imperial Diet.

Ji Ling, who is familiar with the plot, knows very well that Wen Yan will ascend to the speaker's throne with an unstoppable absolute advantage in this general election, becoming the first civilian speaker in history, even overshadowing Ning Yu.

Like Ning Yu, Wen Yan will be regarded as an idol and pride by countless common people. His success represents a breakthrough in the political rights of common people and is a historic change.

However, Ji Ling knew that Wen Yan didn't care about the interests of common people.

He is different from the upright Ning Yu, he is a pure egoist, he has already sided with Carlos, so every time Ji Ling saw various comments on the Internet that praised Wen Yan in the last life, he had to insist Enduring the prehistoric power in his body, not to expose Wen Yan's true face.

Ji Ling really wanted to shake the neck of the buddy on the other side of the network desperately, telling you to wake up! Fenfen Ning Yu is okay, let's forget about Wen Yan, he has already colluded with the big villain Carlos to betray you! ! !

But Ji Ling held back.

Enough money, no, enough benefits, I will never mess around, he has the professionalism of being a tasker!

Besides, even if he said it, it was useless, no one would believe him, and he would still be complaining for nothing...

Just like this, more than ten days passed with nothing to do.

Ji Ling was sleeping late that day, when he was suddenly awakened by the beeping sound of the communicator, which turned out to be a message from Ross, whom he had not seen for a long time.

Ross: "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Do you know the result of today's general election, who won?!!!"

Ji Ling was very unhappy to be woken up, isn't this nonsense? He knew the answer a long time ago, so he was very calm. He yawned and said, "Who is it?"

Ross's voice was so loud that it almost lifted the roof: "Please, didn't you read such important news? It's Wen Yan Ah, that Wen Yan of your family, that commoner Wen Yan of your family!"

The soul linked three times, and it could be seen that the kid was shocked.

Ji Ling was very speechless, but managed to express his surprise: "Oh? It's him?"

Ross: "It's him, it's him!"

Ji Ling: "..."

After being shocked, Ross yelled in dissatisfaction: "What are those people doing? They can't run for a commoner and let a commoner become the speaker! Are they all trash!" Ji Ling thought, this is probably the psychology of many nobles now

, Hehe said: "What a bunch of trash."

Ross was dissatisfied and had to accept the facts, and said sourly: "He also narrowly won, only leading the second place by less than 2% of the votes, but winning is winning no matter what. In the next ten years, we have to face a civilian speaker."

Ji Ling was finally taken aback, and said: "What did you say?"

Ross: "We have to face a civilian speaker..."

Ji Ling was silent for a moment, and said: "Not with you Chat!" He hung up the communication with a snap, turned on the news and read it.

The general election described by the news was very thrilling and ups and downs. The process was chasing each other, and it was described as the most dramatic election ever. One of the statistics is impressively listed, that is, Wen Yan is indeed only ahead of the second place. To 2%, almost lost...

But Ji Ling remembers very clearly that in the previous life Wenyan won this seat with an absolute advantage, at least 20% ahead of the second place. This difference is too big!

Ji Ling couldn't even ignore this major change.

A sudden thought suddenly appeared in his mind, Wen Yan probably broke up with Carlos, right?

In the previous life, Wen Yan and Carlos secretly colluded and obtained this position easily, but with Wen Yan's current identity and influence, once he loses Carlos' support, it will be very difficult for him to continue to get the position of speaker. Amazing!

But why did they break up when they were doing well? In the last life, I didn't see any conflict between the two of them. This plot change is inexplicable.

Ji Ling couldn't help asking the system: [Do you know what's going on? 】

The system is silent: 【I don't know. 】

Ji Ling: 【...】He shouldn't have any expectations of the system.

At this time, the servants outside came to announce: "Master, Your Excellency Wen Yan is here."

Tsk tsk tsk, what a group of guys who follow the wind, they just came out, and they started to call Wen Yan by Your Excellency.

Ji Ling withdrew his thoughts, Wen Yan may have just come to report the election results to himself, but it is rare for him to be in the mood to deal with Wen Yan now, because he knows that after Wen Yan becomes the speaker, he will soon devote himself to his political struggle and promotion The line, rapidly growing his own power, the care of himself, the young master in trousers, is no longer important to him.

His journey is the sea of ​​stars, and he will no longer have time to hang around in front of him!

While thinking about it, Wen Yan had already pushed the door open and entered.

Ji Ling sat on the chair, looked at him reservedly and proudly, raised his chin and said, "It's not bad that I didn't embarrass me outside." Wen Yan's silver hair was tied behind him, and his black phoenix eyes looked respectful, and said: "

Fortunately Disgrace."

Ji Ling seemed satisfied with his attitude, continued to show his arrogance, and snorted condescendingly: "Even if you become the speaker, don't get carried away and forget your identity." There was no contempt in his

speech Do not hide.

After Ji Ling finished speaking, he planned to wait for Wen Yan to leave. Who knew that Wen Yan suddenly took a step forward, took Ji Ling's hand, kissed him devoutly and tenderly, raised his eyes and said, "I will never forget.

" Ling was taken aback.

Wen Yan stared at him deeply, and said slowly as if promising: "No matter what my status is, one thing will not change, that is - I will always be your most loyal servant." Ji Ling looked at his long and narrow phoenix

. Mou, was in a trance for a moment, then suddenly woke up, the acting skills of these villains are really great!

This guy is so hypocritical, so hypocritical.

He withdrew his hand, curled his lips in disgust and said, "I know, I know, let's go."

Facing Ji Ling's impatient chasing away, Wen Yan was not annoyed at all, he was still extremely respectful, and lowered his eyes to suppress the passion in his eyes.

Now outside, everyone is full of hostility towards him, the civilian speaker, and can't wait to use all means to pull him down from this position. Not only does he have to face countless political enemies, but he also has to deal with Carlos' counterattack, all of which must be very difficult.

But no matter when and where, as long as you are by the boy's side, you will feel the warmth from your heart.

Because when everyone was facing him with ulterior motives, only the young man did not hide his emotions and faced him sincerely, even though he said such words, Wen Yan could tell that there was no trace of contempt and hatred in his eyes. Disgust, not even a lot of shock... It seems that no matter what step he takes, he can face it calmly and indifferently.

He never questioned him, let alone considered himself unworthy of the position as a pariah.

From the previous life to this life, he was the only one who helped himself unreservedly. He seemed arrogant and arrogant, but he treated himself equally from the heart, and did not change due to changes in the outside world.

For me, all I want to have is to protect you now.

............

Ji Ling finally sent Wen Yan away and continued to live a life of salty fish.

A few days later, he finally saw the news he wanted to see the most!

A well-known gossip media released a group of photos of Jing Sui going in and out of Brandon's house and behaving intimately with Ning Yu. Blatantly blaming Ji Ling just to protect Ning Yu? The lines between the lines imply Jing Sui and Ning Yu's improper relationship between men and men, and by the way, Ji Ling is taken out and stepped on, becoming the stepping stone in the love affair.

This report immediately caused an uproar. Ning Yu's fans and Jing Sui's fans were in a state of confusion. Jing Sui's fans said how could His Majesty like a pariah, and they would look up to him for playing. Ning Yu's fans said their idol is so strong and so beautiful So good, His Majesty has a good eye for him.

When the two sides scolded, Ji Ling would be affected from time to time, and they scolded him together.

Ji Ling watched it with great joy, because he was so happy that he didn't even care about being scolded. He finally got the news! With his own personality, how can he bear this kind of grievance?

More importantly, he is infatuated with Jing Sui and cannot accept this scandal!

Ji Ling closed the webpage, immediately switched from the salted fish state to the work state seamlessly, ran to find his mother, and begged: "Mom, I want to go to the palace, can you take me in?" Mrs.

Marina He was choosing clothes at home, hesitated for a moment, and said: "Why do you suddenly want to enter the palace?"

Ji Ling lowered his head and said, "I, I miss Aunt Shaman..."

Mrs. Marina and Jing Sui's mother, the Empress Dowager Mrs. Shaman is indeed a good best friend, and Mrs. Shaman has always loved Ji Ling very much, but Ji Ling's lies are too obvious. He is clearly doing it for Jing Sui, but he is still embarrassed. She touched her The son's head, pamperingly said: "Okay."

Ji Ling said happily: "Thank you mother."

Mrs. Marina nodded his nose and smiled: "Okay, only this time will think of mother. "

......

An hour later, the suspension car of the Ji family slowly drove into the garden of the palace.

This palace is no stranger to Ji Ling's memory. The original owner used to come here often. His mother, Mrs. Marina, and Jing Sui's mother, Mrs. Shaman, were good friends since they were young. They went to school together and grew up. Later, Marina married Ji Ling. Grand Duke Ting and Shaman married the previous emperor and gave birth to the prince Jing Sui. The relationship between the two sisters has always been very good.

When the original owner was young, Marina often took him into the palace to play, so she met Jing Sui, who was ten years older than him, and worshiped this omnipotent, perfect, handsome and god-like elder brother. Gradually, the admiration turned into admiration ...

In fact, the original owner was not so arrogant and domineering when he was young, and Jing Sui treated him well at that time, taking care of him as a younger brother. Desire, often go to trouble with Jing Sui's friends because of jealousy, gradually makes Jing Sui more and more disgusted and impatient.

After all, no one likes such a brown candy that can't be shaken off. It's stupid and ignorant and makes trouble all day long.

Ji Ling recalled here, the car stopped, and he and his mother walked into the magnificent palace. Mrs. Shaman was already waiting for them in the hall. She was very happy to see Ji Ling, and smiled lovingly: "Xiao Ling hasn't come here for a long time Auntie misses you very much."

Ji Ling showed a cute smile, he was always cute, sensible and likable in front of Mrs. Shaman.

Mrs. Shaman took Ji Ling's hand, looked at it with concern for a long time, and asked someone to prepare a lot of gifts, and said, "These are for you, I know you like them." Mrs. Marina watched from the

side , said with a helpless smile: "I told you, don't be so polite. Every time we come here, it's like searching the palace."

Mrs. Shaman raised her eyebrows, and the majesty of the empress dowager was revealed: "Who dares to say that!"

Ji Ling After staying here for a while, I couldn't sit still when I thought of my task. I rolled my eyes, and found a chance to say: "Aunt Shaman, Mom, I want to go out for a walk." Mrs. Shaman and Mrs. Marina

agreed They looked at each other silently, and then Mrs. Shaman turned her head and said dotingly to Ji Ling: "Go, remember to come back early."

Ji Ling nodded and said: "I know."

Then she turned around and slipped away from here quickly After going out, he was very familiar with the palace, and most of the servants here also knew Young Master Ji Ling who was loved by the Empress Dowager, so naturally no one would stop him.

Ji Ling followed his memory and soon arrived outside Jing Sui's palace.

From a distance, he heard the roar of wild animals from the palace. Ji Ling knew that this was Jing Sui's pet, a very powerful cloud hunting beast. He had seen it in his previous life, and it could scare the urine even if it was locked in a cage. he.

Although his legs were a little weak, but for the sake of the task, Ji Ling bit the bullet and walked in.

A tall and tall man stood in front of an iron cage. The man's black hair was draped over his shoulders, his face was handsome and sharp, his golden pupils looked sharp and dazzling in the sunlight, his shoulders were wide and his waist was narrow, and his legs were long and straight.

He threw a piece of meat on the ground, and the huge beast in the cage quickly devoured it.

Ji Ling looked at the huge monster that was nearly 100 meters long, covered with sharp bone spurs, and looked ferocious. He silently swallowed a mouthful of saliva, then turned his eyes away, and said silently in his heart, I can't see, I can't see I don't see...

He focused all his eyes on Jing Sui, extremely focused, and never looked around! Walking over vigorously, he raised his head and said, "Brother Jing Sui."

That's how he called Jing Sui when no outsiders were present, and it was their unique title.

Jing Sui already knew that Ji Ling was coming, but he didn't look back at him until he called out, his eyes were indifferent, and said: "What are you doing here?"

Ji Ling looked at his cold eyes, recalling the news he had seen before, forced She shed tears that she had been brewing for a long time, looked at him with red eyes, and asked in a tone of disbelief: "Outside, outside, it is said that you and Ning Yu are together..."

He looked at Jing Sui and asked : "That's not true, is it?"

Jing Sui looked at Ji Ling's eyes, the young man's clear eyes were so focused, he looked at him with hopeful eyes, hoping to get a negative answer.

Of course that incident was not true, it was just being caught up in rumors, but he had no intention of clarifying it, let alone explaining it to Ji Ling.

Jing Sui slowly raised the corners of his lips, and after a while, chuckled lightly: "If I say, is it true?"

He looked at the sad eyes of the young man who suddenly became unbelievable, leaned over and approached him, his golden pupils had a cold and playful smile, and said slowly: "What are you going to do?"